Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Default Re: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Antipater Thrax View Post
    No probably only digital by steam
    that's not good... for me at least.

Default Re: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by © SEGA. Creative Assembly
    The Total War™: ROME II Collector’s Edition will be produced in a single, extremely limited run; only 22,000 individually numbered copies will be manufactured.

http://us.download-store.sega.com/es...me-2-3418.html

Looks like ordering the collector's edition comes with a follow up confirmation..

Centenarius

Sorry for my stupid question but in the first post it is written:
    "What’s more, if you don’t want to pre-order, you can still pick up the Greek States Culture Pack when it goes on sale on day one."
    This means that, if for example i buy the standard edition the 5th of Sept then i can buy the dlc from the steam store?.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Sorry for my stupid question but in the first post it is written:
    "What’s more, if you don’t want to pre-order, you can still pick up the Greek States Culture Pack when it goes on sale on day one."
    This means that, if for example i buy the standard edition the 5th of Sept then i can buy the dlc from the steam store?.
    I think so. You won't get it for "free" but you may be able to purchase it upon the base game's release.

Quote Originally Posted by WarCollider View Post
    Alright, I have a question.

People who pre-order get the Greek pack for free, and those who don't can buy the pack later on. Here are my questions:

1. How much will it cost?

2. When is the last chance to get it free? This is the most important question for me. As it is, I don't plan to pre-order because (and this is simply my opinion) I find the idea of paying for a game before I know anything about it to be ridiculous. However, it seems like if I want the Greek pack without having to pay even more money, then I simply have no other choice. Basically, if I wait for the day it releases (and the day after probably) in order to see if the game is actually good (which is what I do for most games), then will I still have time to get the Greek pack for free (even if it means pre-ordering at the last second)?

Also, has there been any word about a demo? If I can play a demo to try the game out before it comes out, then that's awesome. That way my second question can just be ignored.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    I'm really sorry for bringing this thread back up after so long, but I don't think I have much choice considering how close the release date is. The game is coming out in less than a week, but I have no answers to any of my questions. I still seriously dislike how they decided not to have the Greek factions playable from the start in the game without either pre-ordering before release, or buying it after release. My problem is that I also hate buying something without being able to try it out first, which is why I love games which have demos, which I thought Rome II would have. However, it seems I was wrong. Can anyone offer any advice for what to do? Sure, if there's no demo then I could simply wait to read the user reviews, but if I did that logical move then I wouldn't be able to pre-order, meaning I'd have to go back and spend more money in order to get the extra factions. In other words, option one means pre-ordering on the hope that I enjoy it even though I really wouldn't have much of an idea on the gameplay, considering most decent reviews wouldn't be out until it's too late to pre-order. Option two means waiting for those reviews and then buying the game if it doesn't have too many issues, only then I'd not only have to pay full price for the game, but I'd have to go back and buy the factions as well (and there's no telling what that would cost. It could be an extra $10 or something). Can anyone help me with this? Has there been any hint of a last minute demo, or is there a video of someone playing the game (not just a single, scripted battle to show off the game, but someone playing the game everyone else will be playing)? If so, can you provide a link? Thanks for any help.

Already got my copy.
    The Armenian Issue