Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: It's alive!

Laetus

Default Re: Announcement: It's alive!

im following this mod since the beginning and i was really hyped for the first 5 years... but now im still looking foward to it but rome 2 already out now and this mod is still nowhere... im not complaining just saying that the game itself is getting older and older and when it finaly will come out it will be very outdated, so it has to be very very good to stand or otherwise your whole work will be for almost nothing . well i hope it will be released before medieval 3 total war...

Probably not til medieval 3 and I am not trying to be a jerk but what I been noticing and btw I am new to these forums is that a lot of these mods depend on man power and this particular mod does not have it unfortunately for example look at 1648 mod it's been out and it's been pached like 3 times and it's not even in the medieval era and just as emerse and involved as this mod would have been. But 1648 has the man power so hopefully dots will find some otherwise it will never come out!

dont lose faith fellas keep it going!!!!! i`m behind ya 100%

Eh, whats today's situation? Been off for a bit.

I think it's dead by now

Warmonger_25's Avatar Civis

Still waiting. Again I remember coming back here saying that in the span of my wait I had graduated from University, now I'm almost 2 years into my job.

Hopefully I'm not in a retirement home by then!

Still keeping faith.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    I think it's dead by now
    It's coming. If it wasn't coming they would announce it. Since they haven't announced anything about cancelling the mod, it is going to come, and we will just have to wait.

A mod like that dead? Really? I don't believe you guys, after doing so much work, and releasing those magnificent previews, you just MUST finish it.

Senator

Good luck ! I've been following this from the start I still believe in the mod !

Quote Originally Posted by Basil 11 View Post
    Good luck ! I've been following this from the start I still believe in the mod !
    I too believe in you guys! Don't you give up, you just can't after finishing so much of the mod!!!

Maybe an open beta would spark some more interest in the mod and interest other modders of the community to help you? I sadly don't have the computer knowledge to help you out

stupar123's Avatar Miles

I agree , early realease of alpha would be right move

Seeing the success of the recent De Bello Mundi release, and the fact that Rome II modding is picking up pace, I'm inclined to agree with you guys. There was a closed beta for a select few individuals a few months back. Why not release a public beta, as was previously considered? This forum is dead as of late. I will try and contribute with the unit descriptions, but I'm in the middle of exams.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

I'm for the open beta, would be a shame to be in limbo for quite a while only accessible to a select few.

Maybe it would be wise to release an open beta of this mod before the January mod conference, as CA may (probably won't) announce release of mod tools for the Warscape engine, and then most modders that could help this project will just look to the new tools instead of improving and helping finish this mod.

Just my 2 cent, I may be wrong, I hope the makers of this mod do not take my words the wrong way, I would just hate all their amazing work to be forgotten because of new potential tools for the broken Rome 2.

To clarify, it was my impression back in the day when the beta testing was first announced that only a few select people would test the mod, and it would be released shortly thereafter. I supported the idea of a closed beta back then.

Now that it's clear that the mod won't be released for a long, long time, I think the DotS team should do what they've considered doing all along: doing an open beta. I am certain it will spark interest in the community, and through contributions this mod will be completed far quicker than with its current pace.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

i thinks it's dead. LOL

If this thing is "alive" it has a pulse that looks like this ------------------^---------------------------------------------------
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Even if it was alive they are not going to release it that's the whole reason in the first place they aren't going to release parts of it because they found some new tool and made a stunning break thru, but do not want to release it to the rest of the community. I believe also they have a conflict of interest with CA. Its really unfortunate because this would have been the greatest Medieval mod ever!

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    If this thing is "alive" it has a pulse that looks like this ------------------^---------------------------------------------------

It's definitely alive. Just because there haven't been recent updates doesn't mean the mod is dead. (As some of you suggest.)

But you're right about the pulse thing. I can't imagine much work is being done by many people. At the moment I imagine it's Landil and Hross/Hengest doing the bulk of the work, if not working on the mod alone.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast