Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Proposal] Return of TD forumplay elections

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: [Proposal] Return of TD forumplay

WOOPS.

Last edited by Sharpe; May 07, 2013 at 01:01 PM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Yep.

You wanted opinions and that is mine.

Why do you have to do this nonsense in the off topic? If it is only two threads as you previously stated then surely you can do it in the roleplay forum or the Coliseum.

But if you close your eyes and imagine really hard you could imagine your in the TD! Yay ! Super happy pony times! Let's all eat carrots and sugar cubes!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Actually, Inkie raises a fair point.

I ask you Sharpe, how would you feel if this thing was allowed in the Thema Devia, but was restricted to a couple threads neither of which are the Chat Thread? We did make a group in the past, but that was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Yep.

You wanted opinions and that is mine.

Why do you have to do this nonsense in the off topic? If it is only two threads as you previously stated then surely you can do it in the roleplay forum or the Coliseum.

But if you close your eyes and imagine really hard you could imagine your in the TD! Yay ! Super happy pony times! Let's all eat carrots and sugar cubes!
    Take a look at the threads posted in the OP. Did most people taking part enjoy them? Yes. Is it so mind-blowingly epic to all of them that they would check out the RPG forums every day until an election thread got started there? No. Let's not play coy here, the game would just fade away into obscurity if it was moved out of TD.
    Last edited by Inkie; May 07, 2013 at 01:17 PM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Surely if it was popular and people enjoyed then it wouldn't fade away?

Boys; you go and play overlord of the off-topic. I've said my part. I don't like it nor want it, gets right on my tits.

I don't see that being very productive. It would be the best way to turn it into an exclusive receptacle for the """"clique"""" as you call it. Add to that the fact that people would have to be mass-PM'ed to know about elections.

For everything that people enjoy, you have 'hardcores' and 'casuals'. By doing that you're pretty much separating the two. Or does everyone have to be a hardcore fan for this proposal to be worthwhile?
    Last edited by Inkie; May 07, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Can't you create a new subforum within the TD then?

I was there for the inception of the "Hercules Challenge" thread which was basically a weightlifting and fitness discussion which became it's own sub forum has evolved into a nice community of lifters now, with a few core members and occasional guests. Plus we don't trample all over the Sports or PH&A sub forums. It's the place to go to talk about lifting heavy iron objects.

Admittedly we had big hitters like MCM and WBK (don't see them too often nowadays) proposing it but it could be worth a shot.

That's an idea, but I don't think we would get one. Even then, I think it would be superfluous, as well as sharing a watered-down version of the flaws associated with placing it in the RPG forums. Party threads show up once a year. 'Royal' elections would vary, but it's fair to say that the two elections within the space of a month last time were quite the exception.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Here is our old symbol. Man we were so popular at one point.

It's funny to go back and look at the posts from four years ago, a lot of the members have become citizens since and changed so much haha. You know who you are!

Sounds so exciting and full of merit.

did I mention I am an awful liar?

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    Sounds so exciting and full of merit.

did I mention I am an awful liar?
    I will try to decipher: So you think it will be boring and without merit? Do not worry, I exempt you from participating (anyway, is required to join a minimum sense of humor).

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I fully support Inkie's motion and offer my assistance, if required.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    I have to ask, since hex has said no, what makes you think anything said here will have any impact on the decision already rendered?
    The voice of the proletariat must be heard. Besides, "no" can also mean "convince me it's a good idea".
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; May 07, 2013 at 02:55 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Maybe you didnt take into account if I was lying when I said I was a bad liar.

Also, I just don't find this TD roleplaying stuff funny. At all. Intelligent humour is much more appealing.

but each to their own I guess.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    The voice of the proletariat must be heard. Besides, "no" can also mean "convince me it's a good idea".
    I guess I wasn't clear, no is no. If that's too confusing try absolutely not, never, will not happen and nope as alternative meanings for my post.
    Last edited by Squid; May 07, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

You were clear enough. But unless you speak for the entire Hex no can only mean no as far as your own opinion on the matter is concerned, and I did not refer to you. One can never truly know other people's hearts, and if there is a possibility that others may be swayed I do not see the harm in trying.

@Gandalf: Define intelligent and humor.

What you see as intelligent humor some people will see as mindless dribble or crude attempts at jokes, and vice-versa. Both notions are highly subjective par excellence.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; May 07, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

but each to their own I guess.
    I'm not asking anyone to justify why something makes them laugh.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

"Roleplay" doesn't make me laugh.

Except this;

Then do not participate. Nobody is forcing you click on thread you do not want to read. If anything if this proposal is passed you'll see a lot less of the stuff you hate (avians and ponies and foxes and rabbits and shummite monks) than you do now since all the stuff that was "polluting" the "off-topic chat" will now be moved or limited to those threads.

If I was you, and wanted a return to the TD of old, I would have every reason to support something that relocates the elements that I dislike from the threads that I do (or would) like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    I'm not asking anyone to justify why something makes them laugh.
    Neither did I. I simply pointed out the flaws in some of your statement's resulting implications: - that this "RP" thing is unintelligent because you do not agree with it. (is this grammatically correct? English can be annoying sometimes)
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; May 07, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

that this "RP" thing is unintelligent because you do not agree with it.
    I said that I find the humour used within the TD RP (great and glorious shummite bird lord or whatever) dull. Not that roleplaying is stupid. If you haven't noticed, I roleplay a lot

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    You were clear enough. But unless you speak for the entire Hex no can only mean no as far as your own opinion on the matter is concerned, and I did not refer to you. One can never truly know other people's hearts, and if there is a possibility that others may be swayed I do not see the harm in trying.
    This was not a curial decision, nor even a membership decision. It was a staff decision and has been made by staff and rendered by hex. The decision was a unanimous no from all involved, so yes I have a good idea of what others people's opinions in this matter are.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast