Thread: Thinking about giving hoplites shield wall

Civis

Default Thinking about giving hoplites shield wall

Well hoplites ARE supposed to do that whole overlapping shield thing, and if you give them the short_pike weapon, they actually look like real hoplites but I am curious to wether they actually fought in the standard hoplite formation this late in history.

Default Re: Thinking about giving hoplites shield wall

Quote Originally Posted by DwailerY View Post
    Well hoplites ARE supposed to do that whole overlapping shield thing, and if you give them the short_pike weapon, they actually look like real hoplites but I am curious to wether they actually fought in the standard hoplite formation this late in history.
    I believe many people do do this, so it's not unreasonable at all (if using BI). The history bit is, of course, a bit fudged - many to give the Greek & Successor factions more ooomph! It's not unreasonable either
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Thinking about giving hoplites shield wall

Short pike wont be pleasant to the eye because their spears will really look like shorter sarissas, and their hands will look awkward or at least so i have seen it in some mods. Shieldwall will be totally possible with BI, but their line will shrink a lot. I like the shieldwall of SAI but most of the times i don't like it.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE