Thread: M&B Warband single campaign

Default M&B Warband single campaign

Ive been playing this for a while now and i really want to have my own kingdom as i know you can have but

1, What is the minium renown, honor and right to rule vales must you have?
    2, If you give a companion a fief, do the other companion get jealous? Or do they accept it with no penalties unlike other lords?

if you could help id really appreciate it...

Oh and which is the best sword, and bow you should use as well? lol
    Last edited by avenging angel; April 18, 2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: extra info needed

Default Re: M&B Warband single campaign

As far as I know, there is no restriction about renown for establishing your kingdom. If you capture a castle without accepting any vassal or mercenary contract, it means you started your own kingdom. But be aware, it is very hard to maintain it. It requires tons of cash and good bunch of lords to be able to defend it.

It doesn't matter if you give a fief to a companion or lord. If someone supports the one that you granted the fief, your relation will rise. Otherwise it drops. So before granting asking your lords to get the information of who is most supported is good idea.

Weapons choices are related to role play too but in my opinion elite scimitar and fighting sword are among best. In case of bows, I prefer strong bow.

Thank you. Your advice was really helpful..

I have a couple more questions to ask if that ok?

1, How many lords should you roughly have in your kingdom max for stability?
    2, Has anyone done a list of reliable loyal lords in the game? Men that are less likely to rebel?

I propose rising your honor. It helps to improve relationship with honorable lords which outnumber dishonorable ones in the game. If you have high honor, you will have good relationship with other honorable lord even before you ever meet them.

In case of number there is no certain limit. More lords are better for military power but it is hard to deal with. Having a small but powerful bunch of lords are preferable.

There is no such list as far as I know. It is hard to maintain your relation since it drops while days pass. To maintain balance, you need to conquer and give fiefs, hold feasts (minimal effect), rescuing them from enemy or help them while they are almost lost a battle.

If you give a companion a fief and give another to another lord, is there any harsh deriation of your relationship with them? I.e -3 -2 -1 everytime? How bad is normally the consequence?

I have heard that giving polearms to companions is a waste of time. can i ask why?

You relations deteriorate by a small amount most times you don't give anyone a land and give it to someone else. As long as you spread the wealth and don't have to many lords it's very manageable.

Haven't heard that myself ut I'd suppose it's because the AI tend to hug each other and get in tight formations where they can't make proper use of it. They'll just be standing there with their weapon ineffectually bouncing off the opponent.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    I have heard that giving polearms to companions is a waste of time. can i ask why?
    It's because the AI (or just the companion AI) don't know which weapon to use in certain situations. So you might give them a lance, shield and sword thinking they will charge with the lance at first and use the sword when the combat gets close in. What actually happens is that the AI charge with the lance and continue to use it for close combat which is basically useless. I think it's widely believed that a sword, shield, bow and arrow is the best weapon set to give to your companions

I gave them a good sword steel shield and a normal axe they are always using the axe-_-