Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

UPDATE: New projectile stats, tweaked morale, better expansion for factions, changed defensive behaviors for factions. Non Euro factions bigger navies. Added projectile file for basic Bran AI version without units for better BAI response. Post 1.

What are the differences between the Bran AI version and the Bran AI ++ version?

Patrician

Rick the ++ version adds modified vanilla units as this is for the vanilla version of the game.

Patrician

UPDATE: added new effects bonus basic values junction table. Lowered money a bit for minor factions so they do not get too powerful. Post 1

Just wondering is there a place where I can see each factions behavior such as amphibious assault, expansion,etc. modifiers or are they global values? I also have the same question for Napoleon. Napoleon has a data folder tht looked at, but ddn't see each individual nations behavior.

Thanks.

Patrician

Irish db folder-Campaign Ai Manager Behavior Junctions Tables. FULL and MAINTAINANCE. Major nations are under Full and Minors under Maintainance. You can change what they are in the startups POS files or Save game files with the esf editor. In fact you can create your own and assign it to a single faction if you want to. The Same with Campaign AI Manager Personalities Junctions there are sub catergories. It is a lot of modding to do.

Patrician

UPDATE: Raised unit size by 40% for epic battles Bran Empire AI++ version post 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Irish db folder-Campaign Ai Manager Behavior Junctions Tables. FULL and MAINTAINANCE. Major nations are under Full and Minors under Maintainance. You can change what they are in the startups POS files or Save game files with the esf editor. In fact you can create your own and assign it to a single faction if you want to. The Same with Campaign AI Manager Personalities Junctions there are sub catergories. It is a lot of modding to do.
    Thanks. I will look into those.

The factions seem to be spamming Militia like crazy. Initially, I think the cost of recruiting a Militia unit should be cheap, but keeping militia under arms for any length of time would realistically impact the economy. That being said, wouldn't it be better to raise the maintenance cost of the Militia to reflect this? That would probably resolve the spamming problem as well.

Patrician

UPDATE- Better balanced armies with no militia spam! AI will upgrade buildings better Post 1

That was quick.

I was also wondering, during battle when I order a cavalry unit to charge an enemy unit - from long distance - it will get close to the target unit, stop, wheel around, close up it's formation and stand there facing the target unit. But it doesn't carry home the charge. Is this a fatigue thing? I'm going to watch to see if it keeps doing it or if it only does it a certain times.

Patrician

Get about 150 yards out and charge home from the flank or rear. Double click on the target.

Thanks.

Patrician

UPDATE: new campaign behavior-better expansion, new trigger events. post 1

Patrician

UPDATE: New BAI settings for better line cohesion and musket fire fights Post 1

Patrician

UPDATE. New trigger events for better diplomacy and BAI. Post 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Yes, it is done on purpose so battles last longer.
    Here is an UPDATE with a little bit better accuracy and a bit more mass for infantry units. Other than that have anything to report on campaign behavior?
    I might give this a go when I get my PC back from the repair shop.

However, I'm not sure about the spacing changes. Unit frontage is too open already in ETW and I've gone to great lengths to close it down so men are standing shoulder to shoulder like they should. Is it possible for me to mod your mod to reduce these spaces back to historical settings, or can it be over-ridden in some way?

The rest of it sounds brilliant, as long as by aggressive you don't mean psychotic and stupid AI factions.

Patrician

Well line infantry is already modded to be tight, light infantry not, but go ahead and make them tighter,it will not change the BAI. Aggressive yes- but not psychotic. They will try to expand if possible and not turtle and sit on their asses forever. It is not a passive campaign like vanilla Empire. Play on Hard campaign mode and Very Hard Battles.

Patrician

UPDATE: Better expansion for factions, Ai will try to take back regions more,new trigger events. Post 1

Domesticus

It also works for all the mods?

Even for the mod on WWI?