Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Quote Originally Posted by yiplong View Post
    I second this request; would really love to see a mod that simply smooth out certain quirks with the vanilla AI w/o changing the game too much.

A question for the OP: why do you recommend playing battle on VH? Wouldn't that turn enemy soldiers into supermen?
    VH makes things far more challenging and fun. If I'm not mistaken, the higher the Battle difficulty, the higher the enemy's morale. So, instead of the enemy running away five seconds into the battle, they'll end up slugging it out with you, providing you with a tougher fight.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by heil nappy View Post
    Bran, I've been reading through the comments on this thread and it seems your mod is working very efficiently for most of its users. But may I ask that you upload a version that DOES NOT remove the firing drills and non-AI related stuff? Pretty much a simple AI mod with mostly everything unaltered except AI stuff?
    I third this request, I want more aggressive CAI (I don't really want more aggressive BAI but you take the good with the bad).

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by heil nappy View Post
    VH makes things far more challenging and fun. If I'm not mistaken, the higher the Battle difficulty, the higher the enemy's morale. So, instead of the enemy running away five seconds into the battle, they'll end up slugging it out with you, providing you with a tougher fight.
    I don't think it happens so. On more than medium difficulty your units are fkng scared and run away like hell. That's with the ordinary defense and morale
    / based on vanilla game or similar/. That's simply idiotic. I haven't played with Bran's settings, but if they aren't increased a lot, it's idiotic. Wonder why even they made those difficulties. One expects greater strategies when he sees difficulty, but instead ..they get scared..

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: New Naval morale settings and new Trigger event settings. Post 1. Note: I have not done anything to firing drill with this mod. They are all still there.

Oh, I didn't know. But could you please release version that is changes nothing but AI behaviour, be it in campaigns or battles?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Im playing a multiplayer coop campaign, with this combined with, death animations mod, Goutlards firing drills, 40 unit battles. We play on H/H, and having a blast of a game, we play as France and Spain, its 1713 by now, and we have lost nearly all our posetions in the Americas, the british are ruling the seas, and gets alot of presure from, both prussia and Austria on mainland Europe. Great Fun... :-)
    So thanks Bran...

Does this mod change hit rates for muskets? I just fought an indian army and was amazed when one of my guard units all fired and 1 (!!!ONE!!!) tribal mounted gunner died. I almost pulled my fingernails out watching the absolute uselessness of my previously VERY efficient units.

Now that I've removed this mod my game crashes, even on campaigns that I didn't play while the mod was installed.... cheers mate.

I didn't play Empire TW for 4-5 years... was wondering do you get lag during siege battles with this mod? Vanilla AI had some problems with siege battles which make the game lag badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian91 View Post
    I didn't play Empire TW for 4-5 years... was wondering do you get lag during siege battles with this mod? Vanilla AI had some problems with siege battles which make the game lag badly.
    I have a no walls mod installed. None of the cities have walls. I would highly recommend that because siege battles just don't work properly. To easy to utterly destroy the AI in siege battles. There isn't as much lag as when the game came out, but it is still there sometimes if you zoom in on a breach where there are hundreds/thousands of men trying to get in.

Patrician

UPDATE: Better regional defense for AI. Post 1

Patrician

NEW UPDATE: Bran Campaign AI ++ version. Add modded(more men) vanilla units and new modded projectile file. For those who want to play the vanilla game with this file, battles last longer, units have 35% lower upkeep and muskets and artillery have longer range and there is new spotting rules for Generals and Artillery that really improves the BAI performance. Post 1 file 2.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; June 16, 2014 at 05:18 PM.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

cool thanks

Patrician

Those people who have tried the ++ version please give some feedback on the BAI. thanks

Old Gendarme's Avatar Foederatus

Bran, I am playing as France with this mod, and after building Palais Bourbon and the military academy, I can not recruit troops in Paris. I am not for sure if it was caused by Palais Bourbon, but I will tear it down and see. I am using the ++ version.
    Last edited by Old Gendarme; February 21, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
    "I very nearly had to wait!"
    -Louis XIV, Le Roi Soleil

Old Gendarme's Avatar Foederatus

Bran, I tore down my Palais Bourbon and I can now recruit, also, instead of having the military academy I only have the drill school. Could it just be a corrupt download?
    "I very nearly had to wait!"
    -Louis XIV, Le Roi Soleil

Sixt's Avatar Civis

i have played 52 turns as Denmark 40 unit battles (my selfmade startpos), my impressions isn't that good as i had hoped. The BAI still makes suicidal cavalry charges at start of battle, and alot of time the enemy battle line looses cohession ending up with a unit coming wit 3 - 5 units, easy to be shot of by my infantry. Tha CAI seems more passive than in your last download? it have been way easy to conquer, the indies plus sweden in the first 50 turns, and then it looses some of the fun... hope you can use this for something. I do like the longer firing ranges and the formations though.

Patrician

UPDATE!: Alright Sixt I made the Ai more aggressive with this update Play Very Hard settingsWill be a tough nut to crack. Changed some of the spacing for line infantry to help BAI. Remember Very Hard setting for BAI. Post 1-both files updated for more aggressive AI Factions. Old Gen -upload the new version and check out.-remember to delete the old file first-do not overwrite it.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

thanks... is the bran++ version the new one, it stands as altered the 8/2 not 23/2 as normal bran_ai??

Sixt

Patrician

UPDATE: Tweaked the campaign AI behaviors and deleted fire and advance bonus for all units.Post 1-both files updated. Sixt use The Bran ++ version for the better BAI. Remember to play very hard campaign.