Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

TheMacchiavelli's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Also, after your latest upload, the mod does not show up in the mod manager, does it activate itself automatically or is this an error?

Also, after your latest upload, the mod does not show up in the mod manager, does it activate itself automatically or is this an error?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: NEW FILE UPLOAD AS LAST ONE HAD ERROR IN IT THAT CAUSED A BIG PROBLEM. Fixed. Post 1
    Macchaiavelli try this one.

Can you also upload your volley fire version?

Still does not show up with the mod manager, I would love to keep playing this.

Patrician

UPDATE: Removed effect bonus table that caused problems. Upload post 1.
    Macchiavelli it should work now.

Patrician

UPDATE: Tweaked morale tables, new trigger event, tweaked naval priorities. post 1 upload.

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

holy crap! I have always played ETW on vh/vh. It has never been a challenge. Allies dont help, invasions by sea never occur. I started a game with Russia, with this mod and it has been an eye opener. Sweden are for once killing me, england invaded in the north, are killing me as well. Allies with Georgia, Dagestan declared war on me and were promptly destroyed by Georgia. Awesome mod!

Patrician

UPDATE: better port blockades,diplomacy tighter,more raiding behavior and more aggressive behavior for some factions. Post 1
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; September 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

update: Crimea has taken Kiev from me. Sweden owns Moscow and Angelesk provinces. England owns province north of moscow. I am down to my southern, single slot, cities. Not looking good for the Tsar! Awesome mod!

last update before I patched to your latest version: my Russia did not make it to turn 50. Crimera launched a naval invasion of my last city. Well done on a great mod!

Patrician

Good to hearThanks.

Hey Bran,
    This sounds exactly like the kind of mod I'm looking for, however, it isn't showing up in the mod manager so I'm not certain it's running. I can see that its a movie.pack so I'm assuming loads automatically, but I'd just like some confirmation if possible,
    Thanks

Patrician

Well play the campaign and see the the aggressive nature of the factions and the ruthless AI and the BAI. Play Hard/Very Hard.

The campaign AI works pretty well. In my British Campaign, France actually invaded England and took over London. I didn't foresee them doing that and had a pretty small garrison in London. Mysore invaded Ireland. Maratha invaded Bahamas.

Spain is running wild. They control Almost half 2/3rds of Europe.

One issue that needs to be looked into is that After the 2nd Barracks upgrade, you can't recruit from your home region anymore. So I can't recruits troops in London. Same thing happend in Paris in a French Campaign.

Also I highly recommend using the no city walls startpos with this mod. It makes the game a million times more enjoyable not have seige battles.

Patrician

UPDATE: Morale for AI tweaked, new effects table added, campaign settings tweaked. post 1.
    Irish are you using any other mods, because recruitment is fine over here . I did not change anything that would result in not being able to recruit. Do you have the population and or enough money to do so? Is the AI recruiting from newer military buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Morale for AI tweaked, new effects table added, campaign settings tweaked. post 1.
    Irish are you using any other mods, because recruitment is fine over here . I did not change anything that would result in not being able to recruit. Do you have the population and or enough money to do so? Is the AI recruiting from newer military buildings?

I am using the Ornamentum mods that are just units and the No city walls startpos which have worked fine before. The AI appears to be recruiting fine, at least they have plenty of units.

The recruiting screen for london is blank. Its not a matter of cash or population. You can't select anything to recruit. It comes back after I build the final Barracks.

Its been a great campaign so far. The Iroquis Indians are a real thorn in my side. I had taken Montreal and Quebec from the French, but the Iroquois took them back from me. They have stacks and stacks of warriors and the French have multiple stacks in Maine and the region North. I am fighting pretty large battles around Boston trying to hold it.

I landed 3 Full stacks in France and low and behold they have 5 stacks waiting for me. Not going to be an easy march to Paris.

I am telling you, not having any city walls in addition to your mod has made this game very enjoyable. I play on VH/VH and you have to be real careful leaving small garrisons because the AI will try and take them from you. It gets very expensive trying to keep armies in all the provinces, especially the tiny islands.

Russia is going to fall. Spain has carved a yellow line from Portugal to Moscow, with the exception of France. Never seen that before. Persia is fighting a huge war with the Maratha and keeping them at bay while France and I duke it out.

Even if I defeat France, which is unlikely, there will be no messing with Spain. They have Fleets everywhere and I'd lose a 12,000 per round trade route with them if I ever went to war and that would bankrupt me. In addition I am sure they would blockade every port and I'd be finished.

Patrician

UPDATE: New Trigger Events for BAI behavior. Post 1

Bran, I've been reading through the comments on this thread and it seems your mod is working very efficiently for most of its users. But may I ask that you upload a version that DOES NOT remove the firing drills and non-AI related stuff? Pretty much a simple AI mod with mostly everything unaltered except AI stuff?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by heil nappy View Post
    Bran, I've been reading through the comments on this thread and it seems your mod is working very efficiently for most of its users. But may I ask that you upload a version that DOES NOT remove the firing drills and non-AI related stuff? Pretty much a simple AI mod with mostly everything unaltered except AI stuff?
    I second this request; would really love to see a mod that simply smooth out certain quirks with the vanilla AI w/o changing the game too much.

A question for the OP: why do you recommend playing battle on VH? Wouldn't that turn enemy soldiers into supermen?