Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    ALL VERSIONS UPDATED WITH MORE REALISTIC ECONOMIES.Lowered Trade Incomes
    You are awesome Dude, thanks!

The enemy battle AI's acting weird for me. The infantry never forms coherent firing lines, they tend to clump awkwardly and slowly work their way into a giant melee ball. The cavalry likes to run right up in front of my infantry and walk around getting shot; they rarely actually charge.

This is with AI_Volley_++ and AI_Otto_++, haven't tried others.

Is it just me or my units are imbecile basterds that cannot aim, and cannot withstand pikemen? 275 men of line infantry with socket bayonet with one experience vs pikemen of no experience, the pikemen come out victorious..........

Dont know why but even when i removed your ai mods, i still have bug with shooting range of units and artillery. Plus, my artillery has 150 fire power at the beginning of the game. I uninstalled the game, removed all files, and the problem still occurs.

Definitely could be better organized to figure out which mod does exactly what

as there is
    BAI (battle AI mod)
    CAI (campaign AI mod)
    BAI and CAI combined mod
    BAI and CAI combined mod and AI ++ (more men per unit or whatever plus other things)
    Ottoman fix (fixes Ottoman Empire getting stuck during their turn stopping the game)
    Volley ((behavior of units firing in BAI).
    No Navy (Ships do not have changed stats in AI ++ versions)

Some kind of chart should be attempted to better assist in selection as for example BAI and be used in conjunction with a CAI mod, but if a mod is already BAI and CAI then no.
    Then there is the term REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Is that still campaign AI and does it include BAI ie post #5,7 8?

Seems to be a desirable combination would be CAI and BAI and Otto fix but not sure which one that would be;
    is post #8 what Im looking for (or do all versions fix Otto)?
    Bran_Empire_AI_Otto .rar (size at this time 52.9 KB)

Hello!
    When playing as the Russian Empire, AI does not recruit units in Livonia and Finland. How to fix it?
    Parameter
    EXCESS_RECRUITMENT_BEHAVIOR
    does not help.

I use BAI as well as CAI.
    Thank you!
    «Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?» Friedrich der Große, Schlacht von Kolin.

Hi Bran! I noticed you changed some values in campaign_ai_manager_behaviour_junctions_tables and campaign_ai_personality_junctions_tables, which are not present in vanilla .pack files. They are the following:
    • PERSONALITY_BASIC_DESIRE_CAPTURE_REGIONS_GOAL_PRIORITY_BASE (from campaign_ai_manager_behaviour_junctions_tables)
    • AMBUSH_ATTACK_BEHAVIOUR
    • AMPHIBIOUS_ATTACK_BEHAVIOUR
    • ARMY_ATTACK_BEHAVIOUR
    • ATTACK_BEHAVIOUR
    • BUILDING_REPAIR
    • CAPITAL_DEFENSE
    • MERGE_UNITS
    • REGION_GROUP_ATTACK

Can you please tell, how you found these and what they mean?
    What are default values?
    Is there some sort of knowledge base where we can read about them?
    Or do you somehow decompile a certain .dll or read a certain script to get them?
    Last edited by ilia_r_s; August 14, 2022 at 07:35 AM.

Diplomatic values in this mod are ridiculous Idk why everyone is so intent on making the game so much easier - +150 value for giving a region, and only -235 for war with +10 drift?? Also +250 for an alliance ETW's vanilla diplomacy is very realistic, I love it. In no real circumstances alliance brings more bonus in relations than war damages them

But hey, to each their own.)

How do these parameters such as given_region in diplomacy_attitudes actually work? They do not exist in the vanilla game files afaik. PLEASE, anyone who knows, help me understand this!

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    ALL VERSIONS UPDATED WITH MORE REALISTIC ECONOMIES.Lowered Trade Incomes
    But... but... but I liked the old economy. I want my normal roads to be 750 again not 1050.
    😫 🥺 😭

This mod doesnt work for me

I started a campaign as United Provinces and cant move my ships to different trade theaters

I realized that I can't embark or disembark my agents from the shores like in the vanilla game. I can only embark them in ports... But what's the point of only being able to embark them in ports if I can't disembark them on both enemy and friendly or neutral shores? As for armies, they can only be embarked in ports, and I can disembark them normally in any territory. However, if I want to embark them again, I can't do it from just any coast! Is this intentional or is it a mistake? Playing as GB, my agents become completely useless if I can't disembark them at the start of the campaign...

I can`t travel other continents with this mod.

terciperix's Avatar Foederatus

Does this mod work with Smoke mods ? I ask because it edits the projectile tables.