Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

UPDATE: Lowered Projectile calibration target area so muskets to be a bit more accurate. All versions updated.

Patrician

Real Life situations are now going to be my focus so there will no longer be any more things from me here until I can get things straight and right with my situation which is quite scary at the moment. Hope you all have enjoyed playing these mods. Have Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Real Life situations are now going to be my focus so there will no longer be any more things from me here until I can get things straight and right with my situation which is quite scary at the moment. Hope you all have enjoyed playing these mods. Have Fun.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Real life has precedence...take care.

THE MOD IS GREAT, THANK YOU!

Patrician

UPDATE: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT Version Ai concentrates on developing its regions and upgrading buildings instead on making armies-Ai is less aggressive and more defensive in nature. post #5

Tried Bran's CAI and BAI along with AUM, but it's not even launching. Suggestions? Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Tried Bran's CAI and BAI along with AUM, but it's not even launching. Suggestions? Comments?
    Works for me. I think there are two possibilities. One, you're using a ++ version of Bran that isn't compatible with AUM. Second, you haven't installed UPCP (unit pack compatibility project) that's necessary for AUM.

Hmmm. I think it may the be the UPC. Thanks. I'm not sure how I missed that.

UPDATE: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT Version Ai concentrates on developing its regions and upgrading buildings instead on making armies-Ai is less aggressive and more defensive in nature. post #5
    Tried it, so far looks good, but at least one bug that's squished in regular versions is still present there, Naval Board got wrong bonus. I didn't check if another bug (prestige buildings not giving proper exp bonuses) that I reported alongside this is present.

Patrician

Sar1n please report what file the error is in to be corrected. Then will correct.

Sar1n please report what file the error is in to be corrected. Then will correct.
    Bran_Empire_AI_RD.pack from the post #5. Just checked, prestige buildings look okay, giving the proper exp.

What should I do to change of theater with the boats??????

Oh, one more thing. While prestige buildings give proper exp bonuses, I just noticed they don't give the other kind of bonuses, like the command one etc... for barracks prestige buildings (Arc de Triomphe, Brandenburg Gate...).

I have made all the instalation of Bran_... but I guess there is a bug because I can not change of theater with my boats.
    If somebody could help me this would be very kind.
    Thank you.

Patrician

Will be updating the mod with new stuff....keep an eye out.

Hi everyone,

sorry for a probably super-noobish question but I am confused about the installation instructions (never installed an Empire mod before). I just copied the extracted .pack file to

C:/Program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data

But that's not it, right? How would the mod work/be recognized, how could I tell it is active?

Side note : after a quite a while I wanted to play Empire again but cannot stand the campaign AI with its unreasonable diplomacy. So I just need a mod to fix AI, not a complete overhaul, that's why I am here...

To Bran : before even trying the mod, I want to express my appreciation for your work here and hope your real life situation improved.

Cheers

Patrician

CouchEmperor- If you use the ++ version you can tell by the larger unit sizes. It is in movie mod format so it automatically overrides the vanilla files. The mod fixes diplomacy-just make as many friends and trading partners -do not backstab and do not go to war with any faction that has your enemy as an ally-sooner or later there will be war. Vanilla Empire nothing happens in the game-with this mod THINGS HAPPEN.

CouchEmperor- If you use the ++ version you can tell by the larger unit sizes. It is in movie mod format so it automatically overrides the vanilla files. The mod fixes diplomacy-just make as many friends and trading partners -do not backstab and do not go to war with any faction that has your enemy as an ally-sooner or later there will be war. Vanilla Empire nothing happens in the game-with this mod THINGS HAPPEN.
    Hi Bran, thanks for the tips. Well, I did not use the ++ version but I am sure the mod is active because there are some other changes, such as the range of line infantry and other units. Diplomacy seems to be much better.

One question about the firing range, though: the ranges increased but, for example, my line infantry didn't seem to be very effective at/near the new max range. Is my assumption correct that although max ranges increased, the effective ranges are about the same, i.e. to be effective, units have to close up somewhere to the vanilla ranges?

Did you also change building stats and such things?

Cheers and thanks

Bran,

artillery ranges are also higher in the non-++ version. Canister shot is overpowered now, I think, as it is still very effective at its new max range... What do you think?

Cheers

Foederatus

I love this mod! I've never seen the AI to invade so often!!