Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

uhmm... i've installed your mod on my ETW but it keeps on crashing during the first loading screen... what should i do?

Hello. Is your mod compatible with Imperial Splendour?

America125's Avatar Civis

So Ehrrm I got this mod put it into my data folder but I'm not seeing it's affects? So do I have to start a new campaign for it to work? And also I'm not seeing the increased unit sizes? Idk if I installed it right but I unpacked it and dropped it in the data folder for empire. Also should this work with the 13 colonies mod? I am using that among a few other battle mods.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Start a new campaign. Not compatible with mods that alter BAI or CAI. ++ version not compatible with unit add on mods. Use regular version if you use unit add on mods.

Have to say your AI is incredible. I got Spain colonising everywhere. France is everywhere and now owns all of America, wiping out the Thirteen Colonies which isn't good for me as they were my allies. United Provinces in the Bahamas and Europe. Austria suprisingly wiped out. The Ottomans turning into a power house. The Maratha Confederacy taking over Ireland, which was mine as I'm the Brits. I'm getting hounded by France and Spain as Spain joined the war against me because I took Paris but got kicked out by the Spanish. I'm barely holding on but dam I'm loving it.

Respect to you, you made this game something special.

One thing I need to ask though is why did you take the Brits out of India? Doing that means the Martha Confederacy always ends up owning the whole lot and turns it into a massive power house due to little resistance. Apart from that I love you!
    Last edited by Godz_Mercenary; August 06, 2015 at 04:00 PM.

The Brits weren't in India unless you had a mod with a different Startpos. But that brings up a good point, Bran you make your mod so that Britain and France each start with a colony in India. Perhaps you could tell me how to adjust the startpos to do that.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Hi irish437, obviously I'm not Bran Mac Born - and I hope that Bran won't mind me responding to your question on his thread.

I can tell you (in theory, at least) how to make a mod which would give the British and French a colony in India at the start. You would need:-

- Instructions on how to mod the startpos.esf (the file which the game uses the create the world at the start). husserlTW provided a general guide to startpos editing which you can access from here and selecting 'STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications'. On the 'STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications' page, under the heading 'Level 3', there is a link to information on how to change the ownership of a region.
    - One or more ESF Editors (available from the Mod Workshop, in 'Tools, Tutorials and Resources')

(Unfortunately, when I tried to follow husserlTW's instructions, the startpos which I modified caused the game to crash. So, for one version of my Early American Revolution mod, I used an alternative method. I modded the startpos to change which faction is emergent in a region. In other words, you can change which rebels emerge if a rebellion occurs in a region; you can also change which faction that region will belong to, if the rebel army which emerges takes the region capital. I also edited the startpos to increase the chances of a rebellion occurring in those regions. If you would like to try this technique, then I have provided a guide on how to change which faction is emergent in a region - if you visit my list of 'how-to' guides here, it's under the heading 'Editing the startpos.esf')

Quick question. Is the version included in Darthmod the full updated version you have here? Been playing Darthmod and still rofl-stomping my way across the globe, so if this is a better version, then I'd like to know and download.

Long story short my computer took a dump. I had to reinstall everything. How can I tell if this mod is installed? I played a quick battle and the AI was just marching its lines back and forth. I am using the regular mod because I like the vanilla unit sizes. Thanks.

Patrician

irish-Try using the ++ version.

hi Bran
    i'm curious about something, why are some units of the same type have different sizes?
    i mean, isn't easier to balance them if all of them have the same size (for the same type of unit)

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    irish-Try using the ++ version.
    Thing is I want to use vanilla sized units so i can also use ornamentum. Your mods always worked great in the past. Is there any way to know for certain it's installed?

One stupid question..
    Do i need to have the steam game to use this mod or i can run it with the 'illegal' version?

Quote Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
    uhmm... i've installed your mod on my ETW but it keeps on crashing during the first loading screen... what should i do?
    ^ And this
    Is it because i need to have a steam game or i didn't do something right ?

Patrician

Buy the game.

Playing a British Campaign on Hard/Hard and its been fun. A lot of fighting in the American Theatre. The USA emerged early and managed to destroy the 13 colonies and become protectorate of the Cherokees. I've never seen that before. I stayed out of that war because I was fighting a War with Sweden and it was costly as we battled over Hanover. I took Hanover and held it, but the Swedish Navy overcame me and I couldn't get reinforcements over to Hanover so after some heated battles I lost it. With my Navy in the Atlantic worn down France and Spain decided they would try to capitalize. Spain destroyed all my Ivory and Sugar trade ships and France blockaded my ports. It was looking grim. I used my colonial armies to assault the Leeward islands after I had eradicated the Pirates. The French agreed to peace in exchange for breaking the siege. Sweden took the Northwest Territories from me for peace. There was no other choices I was going bankrupt with their blockades.

That left Spain or so I thought until the Maratha decided they wanted in. Spain took the Bahamas from me. And The Maratha invaded England. Luckily I was preparing to send some troops to the Colonies so I had enough forces in England to defeat them in the battle of Kent. I gave the Maratha a pirate island in exchange for peace and now I've focused on Spain. Luckily the Maratha who had 2 more stacks sailing for England decided to go after Spain as well. Now the Maratha own Portugal and Spain proper and I have taken Cuba and Columbia from them. Spain is in major trouble after being pretty much the global leader for the first quarter of the game. They owned the southern half of North America along with Spain, Portugal, Italy and most of North Africa.

France has beaten back the USA and now owns most of the Eastern Seaboard of the United States and 4 regions in Europe. Austria and Poland own huge chunks of Europe and Russia and the Ottomans are holding strong. Sweden is on the decline as the war with Poland and Russia is taking a toll.

Its 1732. This is shaping up like a good one.

Is there a changelist anywhere?

Hi , does this mod include the overhaul of the musket range and accuracy, meaning that the closer the target, the greater the damage? My point is, I am looking for a substitute to DarthMod, but without the custom graphics and units. I see that the Ai is basically even better, so at this point your mod is the closest thing i found so far . And also, would it work with the smoke and blood mod as well? Furthermore, are there other other differences between DME and this mod, besides the aforementioned, and other re-skins?

Patrician

adiSai-The answer is yes. And these are basically from Bran DME mod settings just the main basic stuff. DME mod settings has more changes.. but that is for Darthmod only.

Hi Bran I don't know why but when I install the "Sokh hates sieges" mod, it crashes. It looks like both mods aren't compatible. Is there any way to remove sieges from the grand campaign? I can't play that kind of battles because lag makes them horrible