Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    As requested here is my CAI and BAI used in my sub mod for Darth Mod Empire by Darth Vader extracted from Bran's DME mod settings.
    These have aggressive BAI and CAI for action filled battles and Epic campaign. Better regional development, better diplomacy, better faction expansion,more naval invasions, naval overhaul, artillery overhaul, morale overhaul, new trigger events, stronger Pirates, bug fixes. Recommended settings are Hard Campaign and Very Hard Battle

Install:Unpack to Drive C;/Program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data. This is in movie format so just put it in the data folder.

File- You can use this with Vanilla game and ANY mod. 49.3KB Bran_Empire_AI.rar
    Campaign reports are welcome
    Note: for best BAI : go into your Preferences script and and change campaign_unit_multiplier to 1.3
    and unit_scale to 3. The Preferences script is in Drive C;/ Users.username/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts. Make sure to save after you change the settings and in properties make sure that it is set to "read only" after you make the change.

NEW!! Bran Empire AI ++ version. Added larger size (more men) vanilla Empire Units with Bran modifications and Bran Projectiles. New naval stats, Longer battles with better morale , fatigue ,lower upkeep costs, building effects, longer range muskets and artillery and new spotting rules for Generals and Artillery that really help the BAI Enjoy.

NEW! ++version with no Naval Stats so you can play with vanilla Naval Battles.

NEW! Volley Fire version All infantry use mass volley fire. Better AI response.(++ version)

NEW! Volley Fire No Navy ++ version

NEW! CAI ONLY VERSION post #4
    NEW: Empire AI ++ Ottoman Bug Fix post 1

TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION post #3
    Regional Development Version post #5
    OTTOMAN BUG REDUCTION post #7

WARS OF THE GODS-ANCIENT WARS https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...54&searchtext=

Build: 04/08/16

FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE:
    Go into your Empire Preferences script file located in Drive C;Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts/preferences.empire_script.
    scroll down to the bottom of the script and find these two lines:
    multithreaded_model_enabled false; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    Change it to read this:
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 2; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    (If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)
    Go back to the preferences file and right click on it and go to properties and click 'read only' and then apply then ok.
    Hey i tried your mod in terms of CAI its briliant. Now i dont know if fire accuracy goes under BAI or CAI. I believe its BAI. could you make so that fire accuracy in land and naval units be more accurate in term of long range. I like to play ETW without voley fire so early in the campaign is quite difficult to play. Now i m saying i m not capable but for me it seems rather annying. Yes the BAI is far better than vanilla one (you can see more manuevers from the AI trying to flank you while front units are bussy). So i m begging you make the same mod with better accuracy. If you dont it would be a pain in the ass could you tell me what can i change your .pack file and some numbers so i can make gameplay experience better?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Accuracy is historically correct and anything else is game breaking-move in closer-get experience and your troops will shoot better. If you want to change it is in kv rules tables and projectiles tables under marksmanship bonus.

Are the features listed somewhere? I downloaded what was said to be ONLY Campaign AI, however, looking at the tables there's a load of stuff included, completely unrelated with AI - army building chain giving massive bonuses, technologies giving completely random bonuses (i.e. platoon firing improves army administration for some reason).

On the same note, some factions have just an obscene amount of income: e.g. United Provinces has 15k of base gdp... My income as Portugal was off the charts as well.

There are some lines about "amphibious assault" what is that? On the description page this wasn't mentioned.

There's any version that adds only an AI Overhaul, or at least a list of things changed. There's so much weird stuff on the .pack file that I wouldn't dare to change myself!

Started to play the mod, apparently a trade agreement gives +150 relations (wtf!!!!), overruling every single other factor into diplomacy.

If I remember correctly, +150 relations is the maximum one can obtain by a long lasting alliance in vanilla. Result: Spain hated me for "historical grievances value", now (now being turn 2) Spain ing loves me, loves me so much that we can get an alliance in turn one. In fact, I can get an alliance with any faction I'm trading with 0 trouble.

Is this intentional or a bug? Because it already f* the whole alliance configuration in the campaign.
    Last edited by iporto9393; June 12, 2019 at 10:20 PM.

Patrician

Will be updating all versions for diplomatic tweaks. nice find iporto

Hey Bran, I wanted to ask, does this mod work with the latest Imperial Destroyer? I just wanted to double-check, because the AI does some silly things, and the battle AI is also a bit silly, because it has the annoying "Hans isn't in position so we cannot open fire yet even though we're being slaughtered because we're 2 meters away from the enemy" bug, which results in the regiment routing before Hans is in position. Because of these bugs I've had a really bad time in some battles. I tried the skirmish order but all that does it make the infantry run away when they're being attacked, not fire at will.

Edit: to make it clearer, the Imperial Destroyer AI is silly, not the Bran AI. I haven't tried it out yet because I'm not sure if it's compatible.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

The 2 ai's(Imperial destryer's and bran's) interfere with each other?Can we use your CAI mod with another mod?

Hello Bran. I recently tried playing a campaign with unmodified navies, because your changes drag these battles way to long. But both nonavy version caused the ottoman bug in the year 1910.

I know for sure these worked some time ago because i used them. Is their any fix or maybe mod combination that would work?

Ok i tried a 3rd campaign, vh/vh britain with the" bran empire ai otto" file, the last published to help with the bug. 1712 the bug happened again. Somewehre in the last 3 years or so you might have changed a value which creates this again.

I cant see exactly why because i cant get vision but it looks like the AI is creating to many armies which causes the problem.

Patrician

I did not do a non navy ottoman bug version but can-still working of diplomacy though.
    Bran Ai not compatible with Imperial Destroyer Ai.
    Note main focus has still been WARS OF THE GODS for Rome 2.

The problem is that the bug appears in any version. Somehow the Ottoman empire manages to build armies with either version and due to the bad game design the campaigns are dead.

My guess, they either get more money than expected, like a traderoute, which means it should not agree to these. Another option: it builds building at the start, that start generating the needed money.

Or it just starts building armies anyway, ignoring the focus on buildings.

Private Normal's Avatar Civis

Hi Bran, I just recently went back to Empire. In the past it became unplayable due to the dread "Ottoman" bug. Then I discovered your "Fix". What a difference, just wanted to give you a big shout out and "Thank You". You are a genius
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bran, I have found an issue with the "ONLY CA" version: when the AI suffers a revolt, the rebel army occupies a 'town' and the AI keeps their superior army static in another town.

This goes for an indefinite amount of time, France has a rebel army inside a Vineyard for 60 turns, while their "royalist" army is stationary inside another near town. I was also able to reproduce this with a new test campaign.

MINIMUM_CHANCE_OF_SUCCESS is set to 50, while MINIMUM_BATTLE_RESULT is 40. It seems quite high, maybe lowering these would solve it?

EDIT: The problem above extend to any raiding army. The AI refuses to engage, even if they have a much larger force.

E.g. Mughal raided Punjab at 1 turn's range from their full stack with 2 units (!). They kept raiding them for 12 turns until I intervened.

I'm also having problems with AI fleets not defending their ports (not sure where they're located), refusal to recruit ships from the AI. In my game, ships are more expensive. How can I fix this?
    Last edited by iporto9393; September 06, 2019 at 10:19 PM.

Hi Bran, I love these mods thanks a lot.
    I have a game-breaking bug though. The mod prevents me from exchanging navies between theatres. That is to say, when right clicking on the theatre change location, the menu does not show up. Any tips on how to prevent or resolve this?
    http://porkyjack.shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You nosy sig reader!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by PorkyJack View Post
    That is to say, when right clicking on the theatre change location, the menu does not show up. Any tips on how to prevent or resolve this?
    You're not suppose to right click, instead left click on the highlighted area or on the world switcher to the left in the bottom IIRC.

Can you change theatre in vanilla? If not then verify game cache in Steam and try again.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I can change theatres as map modes, that's no an issue. I can look at America or India or the trade node locations. However, when I move a naval unit onto the exchange-area, there is no map to choose where the ship should go. It simply moves to the location where I clicked.

Edit: When I remove Bran's mod-pack, the option to transverse theatres with navies returns. Even in the same saves. Restarting a campaign with the mod does not fix anything either.
    Last edited by PorkyJack; November 26, 2019 at 12:07 PM.
    http://porkyjack.shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You nosy sig reader!

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    As requested here is my CAI and BAI used in my sub mod for Darth Mod Empire by Darth Vader extracted from Bran's DME mod settings.
    These have aggressive BAI and CAI for action filled battles and Epic campaign. Better regional development, better diplomacy, better faction expansion,more naval invasions, naval overhaul, artillery overhaul, morale overhaul, new trigger events, stronger Pirates, bug fixes. Recommended settings are Hard Campaign and Very Hard Battle

Install:Unpack to Drive C;/Program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data. This is in movie format so just put it in the data folder.

File- You can use this with Vanilla game and ANY mod. 49.3KB Bran_Empire_AI.rar
    Campaign reports are welcome
    Note: for best BAI : go into your Preferences script and and change campaign_unit_multiplier to 1.3
    and unit_scale to 3. The Preferences script is in Drive C;/ Users.username/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts. Make sure to save after you change the settings and in properties make sure that it is set to "read only" after you make the change.

NEW!! Bran Empire AI ++ version. Added larger size (more men) vanilla Empire Units with Bran modifications and Bran Projectiles. New naval stats, Longer battles with better morale , fatigue ,lower upkeep costs, building effects, longer range muskets and artillery and new spotting rules for Generals and Artillery that really help the BAI Enjoy.

NEW! ++version with no Naval Stats so you can play with vanilla Naval Battles.

NEW! Volley Fire version All infantry use mass volley fire. Better AI response.(++ version)

NEW! Volley Fire No Navy ++ version

NEW! CAI ONLY VERSION post #4
    NEW: Empire AI ++ Ottoman Bug Fix post 1

TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION post #3
    Regional Development Version post #5
    OTTOMAN BUG REDUCTION post #7

WARS OF THE GODS-ANCIENT WARS https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...54&searchtext=

Build: 04/08/16

FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE:
    Go into your Empire Preferences script file located in Drive C;Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts/preferences.empire_script.
    scroll down to the bottom of the script and find these two lines:
    multithreaded_model_enabled false; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    Change it to read this:
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 2; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    (If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)
    Go back to the preferences file and right click on it and go to properties and click 'read only' and then apply then ok.
    Hi,

I'm new to modding and I'm looking to make the AI better and came across this thread. Which of the files do I have to add to the "data" folder to get the AI with improved land battle, improved campaign movement and region development, harder economy, and regular naval battles? There's so many files i'm confused on which is which. Or am I supposed to add them all in? And what's the volley fire version? I'm not good with the game yet so there's stuff I don't understand yet.

Thanks!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

You need to download the Bran Empire AI.rar archive and extract it into the data folder. That's about it then launch ETW, nothing else is required.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Anyone here play with VOLLEY FIRE ++/OTTOMAN BUG REDUCTION version ?