Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Thank you very much Bran! Now my game will be complete! You're awesome, I hope you know that. Will play more and test it!

I still think that you could put your mods on moddb (even if only for having alternate/backup links and making them available for everybody) but if you don't want to, I'll of course respect that.

I'd like to report a potential bug:

Campaign: The Road to Independence Ep. IV
    Faction: United States
    Problem:

Unable to recruit any unit once an Army Staff College has been built. The recruit tab just remains blank.

Quote Originally Posted by RLTYProds View Post
    I'd like to report a potential bug:

Campaign: The Road to Independence Ep. IV
    Faction: United States
    Problem:

Unable to recruit any unit once an Army Staff College has been built. The recruit tab just remains blank.
    I forgot to add. I am not using any other mod aside from "Bran_Empire_AI_Volley++_Otto"

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

NEW: Empire AI ++ Ottoman Bug Fix post 1 BY REQUEST

Thank you so much, Bran! <3 And as for my bug, I've done some testing, and for some reason, deleting "building_effects_junction_tables" returns the recruit tab to its normal state. I hope this little discovery helps.

Patrician

i LOOKED INTO ARMY STAFF COLLEGE AND SEE NOTHING WRONG.

Ahh! No need to scream! Kidding aside, that's what's baffling me, as well. This is the only mod I have. I'll look into it more. Thanks so much, again!

I've solved the bug. The cause was my own doing. I tinkered with some recruitment_points values and forgot to revert it. Turns out that if your town's total recruitment_points is larger than the limit (I'm guessing the limit is 10, the exact number of recruitment slots), the entire Recruit tab will be blank. Thanks once again, Bran!

I'm currently playing a new campaign with your CAI only mod, Bran, and it's been wonderful and I'm really enjoying it (year is 1725). I'm playing as UP on medium difficulty (because on hard I find it nearly impossible to win as both Spain and France rush you and won't listen to diplomacy). On medium though AI seems very reasonable. I've attacked Sweden, hoping they would be an easy prey, but while their one fleet destroyed my trade ships in India, their second fleet blocaded Amsterdam and in one turn I went from making 14,000 k per turn to bankrupcy. I though that game was lost, since I got no ships left in Europe... then my ally, GB send their fleet and sunk the Swedes and thus saved me! Now that's a good AI and good ally! Sweden has also got more agressive which is really awesome. AI is way better in my opinion. I only forgot about Ottoman bug reduction mod and now I have those freezes, but it's my fault as I forgot about it. I guess it's to late to put it and ''unfreeze'' the game without corrupting save?

And I saw only one problem in AI - in my game Britain conquered the Knights of Saint John and captured Malta. Their army seems stuck, it just goes from town to the port back and forth until all movement points are depleted; AI really struggles to embark and leave Malta and it's been going on for many turns. It just got stuck in Malta.

Patrician

glad you are enjoying it. you can try out ottoman bug version-it will not crash the game-may work. malta thing is CA bug.

BillyJohnson367's Avatar Laetus

Will the Aggressive Expansionist AI conflict with the Regional Development AI?

Patrician

Yes. They are different settings. Regional development is for the slow campaign-take your time-less wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Yes. They are different settings. Regional development is for the slow campaign-take your time-less wars.
    Ok, because I placed the Aggressive Expansionist AI, the Regional Development AI, and the Volley mod into the data folder together. I think the Regional Development mod increases wealth from trade and such drastically, right? So, the AI seems to build quicker, but also mass stacks of troops likes it's nothing.

I think I might get rid of the Aggressive Expansionist AI though. I was playing an Ottoman campaign and Prussia just goes full "Anschluss Time" and eats Poland. What makes it even better is Prussia and Austria develop an alliance, so all the Austrian forces are primarily focused on me, lol.

Patrician

Dude you cannot do that. Use one mod only!

Noted.

Hi,

Is there a version of of the Ottoman Bug fix that targets the bug only? That is, it doesn't affect any other aspect of the game?

I've not used any mods on may game so far, and just want to try to stop the Ottoman turn taking forever or sometimes giving me a 'program not responding' message in Task manager.

Thanks for any help

Hey there, amazing mod btw! really helps this game a bunch. only thing my end is that the acc of my units still seems very low, in one battle i got destroyed after 5-10 minutes of exchanging fire because they simply charged after the exchange and id only killed like 30 of them? any chance you could raise it a bit more or so? sorry to be a pain, but your mod is awesome and i dont want to stop playing

Patrician

Well accuracy is low for a reason- muskets were not accurate over 50 yards-so move closer and you will gets kills.

About performance. If i have an i7-8750h with 6 cores and 12 threads. What should i put in "number_of_threads" 6 or 12?

Patrician

4 threads only that is all the game engine can handle.