Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2: Total War @ E3 & REZZED - discussion page

Archilles's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Rome 2: Total War @ E3 & REZZED - discussion page

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    Actually it's better than that, or worse, depends.

The sliding bar represent the emblem on top of the army flag on the campaign map. In this case it was an eagle, but i guess there are many more choices.

I would have hoped you could choose designs on shields via this option too though...
    But where do you see this special emblem?!? Only on the campaing map??? or on this big fat flags over the units?!?
    I´m a little bit dissapointet when you only could see this on this flags

Yes that's it, on top of the flag near the army on the campaign map. As far as i know it's the only place where you can see it, but maybe i am wrong and it is featured somewhere on the tactical map too (maybe on the units flags).
    As i said i would have liked to be able to customise a few other bits too, like emblems on shield, maybe colors of the units etc.

Archilles's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    Yes that's it, on top of the flag near the army on the campaign map. As far as i know it's the only place where you can see it, but maybe i am wrong and it is featured somewhere on the tactical map too (maybe on the units flags).
    As i said i would have liked to be able to customise a few other bits too, like emblems on shield, maybe colors of the units etc.
    And this is the mindblowing new "emblemchange" feature?!? The big different armys thing they talked everytime?!? I hope theres a little bit more...
    I mean an eagle on the big flag on the battlefield... oooooookay?!?

I dislike the demo they showed at E3, was the same at rezzed, so I'm not really impressed. It's a dude camping on a hill with phalanx, the only way they could have made it worse is if the guy was corner camping the map.

Hoping we see some non-Roman action between Greeks/Parthia/Averni/Suebi/Iceni/Pontus

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Archilles View Post
    And this is the mindblowing new "emblemchange" feature?!? The big different armys thing they talked everytime?!? I hope theres a little bit more...
    I mean an eagle on the big flag on the battlefield... oooooookay?!?
    They didn't claim that it was mind blowing, they merely told us that we'd be able to change their emblem. It was people on here that leaped to their own conclusions and started talking about units on the battlefield and so on.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

lets see what will come by today Rome 2 show.

again Egypt gameplay.....

I was more interested in the Q&A really. I didn't expect him to play as Romans anyway. Not as much to show off, unless you prefer to see a blundering loss.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; June 23, 2013 at 08:55 AM.

Wow, now they nearly get standing ovations just because they got the battle running after 10 minutes,...

Default I know I am late to the party since E3 is old news now but....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I just saw the campaign map for the first time in the video and I just can't wait for this game to come out! I cannot remember any other time (not counting when I was just a pup ofc!) where I was even close to this excited as I am now. That video blew me away and actually I have only watched about 30 seconds of it. Why? I just had to come here and post how amazing I thought it was! Pardon narcissistic attitude on display right now in assuming you guys care

Default Re: I know I am late to the party since E3 is old news now but....

The campaign map and the battlefields definitely look great, don't let the inevitable whiny posts dampen your excitement

Run away and don't look back, I can feel the haters coming.

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

theres alot to cpmplain about from the E3 video but here watch this.
    once you do you will put the E3 video behind you and look beyond at the coolness that is Rome 2.

Comemnt your excitement on the video's page
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

Thanks Sun Jetzu, that is just the video I just watched however. Thanks anyway!

Edit : oooooohhhhh no wait I lied! I just saw the time and no I have some more to watch now! Thanks Sun Jetzu!

I wish they would have made Caesar look more like Caesar. That jumped out to me. The character in the game doesn't look like him in my opinion. I wish they were better about that in their games as they never seem to be.

Also, I hope that the pre battle speeches aren't all strategy huddles. I really miss those great speeches from medieval 2 and Rome though I know I may be in the minority.

99 percent of my brain is numb from awesomeness still though!
    Last edited by The Tarman; June 27, 2013 at 09:06 PM.

he actually kinda looks like an ape man, so does the egyptian diplomat that has a helmet for war even though he is a diplomat. Anyway this video made me less worried and more enthusiastic about the game. Some of witch was taken away from me when I watched E3 video.

I still feel pretty happy about what I have seen so far. However, I can understand and see for myself the little things that may bother the hardcore fans like us here on TWC. We will just have to wait and see!

I noticed they changed the gold lion of Parthia to this puke green color.
    very disappointed hopefully someone edits these 2D stuff as one of the first things to mod.

Thank Jupiter that the Egyptian forces seem to be Hellenistic rather than a blast from past/Old Kingdom style like it was in the original Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I noticed they changed the gold lion of Parthia to this puke green color.
    very disappointed hopefully someone edits these 2D stuff as one of the first things to mod.
    Lion? what do you mean?
    What part of the video

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What is this discontent of the minor? They can't make a game that will satisfy everyone
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!