Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2: Total War @ E3 & REZZED - discussion page

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Rome 2: Total War @ E3 & REZZED - discussion page

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    Obviously the whole scenario was just set up and it could very well be more elaborate in the final game.
    I'd like to think that if there were any game play consequences to the murder of Cicero besides 'he's gone' that Al Bickham would have mentioned them. He's a pretty good talker.

Will the other families also command armies in the game? Or will they just be lifeless characters? Or can you make a general of one of the other family members so that they can share in the glory and do no decide to rebel against you?

Egypt again...

I hoped for another faction...

Ordinarius

That phalanx moving while raising and lowering the pikes like they weighted zero was a bad sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaanderen Vrij View Post
    Will the other families also command armies in the game? Or will they just be lifeless characters? Or can you make a general of one of the other family members so that they can share in the glory and do no decide to rebel against you?
    Yeas I think you'll need to appoint some of the other family members as generals too. If I remember correctly, you should do this so they don't get too powerful in the senate, thus giving them an army to get them out of the way (please correct me if I understood that wrong) Something like this. I wonder how that one plays out-

Anyoen knows if the show of tomorrow will be any different of the one today? Or will CA show the Battle of the Nile for a fourth time? :p

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I watched this video and I surprised this video and whole show was much better than what we saw in E3. I loved WILL and CRAIG when they showed and played historical battle. It was funny to watch. He he...

Anyway. We got more information like more details about campaign maps, buildings, roman families and those subjects. It was interesting, when your family will become the famous (meter is full), then it will start civil war in Rome. Interesting. I was disappointed about assassinate!! NO ANIMATION VIDEO (I though we will have epic assassinate videos like in M2TW and S2, but no! It strikes to my heart. Army details, history, name and abilities for your legion, it was awesome and same for general abilities and stats!

Portraits: as early guy said, there was bug in Ceasar's uniform because roman color are red, not BLUE! Diplomacy was small as I though CA told about BIG diplomacy but for me it was small. Relationships looked fine for me and I understand it well.

Battle of Nile: That I knew what it will happen, romans are flying by chariots and giant ballista. It was ok and those will be changed (I hope so). Naval, It looked cool but one really annoying think I saw in naval, when roman were boarding to Egypt ship, those roman soldier jumped through wooden hull!?!?! NOOO... soldier can jump through objects. Huge annoying. Once again, it was too fast battle and units speed was still fast. Thanks for WILLCA he made this battle so interesting with his funny reactions and comments.

This live, there was so much problems with voice that I did not hear what guests asked and what staffs answered. But this was really better show than in E3.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaanderen Vrij View Post
    Anyoen knows if the show of tomorrow will be any different of the one today? Or will CA show the Battle of the Nile for a fourth time? :p
    I am hoping for the battle of the NIle again. Its the best part of the game. Seen it 20 times so far and I never get tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp_uRpniJnc

Watch this link with Joey playing the Nile battle. The unit speeds aren't actually that bad. Trish, Joey, and Will also answered some questions.
    Guys, watch this. It's filmed with a camera so it's really ****** quality but it looks way better in terms of how the game feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    I'd like to think that if there were any game play consequences to the murder of Cicero besides 'he's gone' that Al Bickham would have mentioned them. He's a pretty good talker.
    It would be cool if later down the line (after a few turns) it was discovered by the other families/the public that you were the one responsible for the murder, resulting in a huge backlash. There's quite a lot of situations like that in Shogun II so it'll probably be in Rome II aswell.

Another interesting thing: If you look at the video Dan113112 linked, at about 20:35 you can see that the roman army consists not of Legionary Cohorts but of Evocati Cohort. I wonder if that's just a more elite version or if there's going to be an entire "evocati-system" in the game.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"Mighty Pharao!" Egyptian diplomat is just like the one in RTW1
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Yeah that was the biggest disappointment for me. The "inner politics" thing looks very rudimentary. Looks like a lonely Cicero represents the complete senate (opposition), you click one button and voila. Pretty bad considering they praised it as one of their key features.
    Clearly you didn't watch the video.

There were 4 options.

One extortion, support, discredit, or assassination.

Assassination is clearly the best method for silencing since it gets rid of the problem permanently but it's stated that if the assassins fail then the consequences will be severe. I'd say that's a gamble you have to take and is balanced out by that.

Otherwise what's the point of assassinating and then gaining negative consequences if it succeeds?

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Anyway Cicero was describe as part of a random character category who appears to hurt a specific family. If the whole senate is represented by more or less 10 dude then this "internal politic" is a disappointment.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Yeah that was the biggest disappointment for me. The "inner politics" thing looks very rudimentary. Looks like a lonely Cicero represents the complete senate (opposition), you click one button and voila. Pretty bad considering they praised it as one of their key features.
    Cicero was in the category "Subjects". That will be for more people than senators, like a wealthy merchant (which they mentioned in the demo) that you can extort. You also forgot the people who are in the other families.

Archilles's Avatar Semisalis

So there are only 3 Generals?!? I only saw 3 armies and in the family menu you only could see three generals... someone knows something about this?!? You can only have 3 armies?!?

Iam also a little bit dissapointed by the look of the family window... no senat?!? no rom in the background only a grey window?!? cmon... i want to feel like im a real roman imperor, not only a guy making things in an old windows menu explorer...

the next point - the praised emblem feature for your armies... a sliding bar?!? thats all?? cmon... i thought you see your standard bearer and you can change the flag he is holding... but its only a 2D sliding bar?!?!?!? cant be serios...
    Last edited by Archilles; June 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archilles View Post
    So there are only 3 Generals?!? I only saw 3 armies and in the family menu you only could see three generals... someone knows something about this?!? You can only have 3 armies?!?

Iam also a little bit dissapointed by the look of the family window... no senat?!? no rom in the background only a grey window?!? cmon... i want to feel like im a real roman imperor, not only a guy making things in an old windows menu explorer...

the next point - the praised emblem feature for your armies... a sliding bar?!? thats all?? cmon... i thought you see your standard bearer and you can change the flag he is holding... but its only a 2D sliding bar?!?!?!? cant be serios...
    Already confirmed by Jack to be set up specifically for the demo.

Archilles's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lockcaps View Post
    Already confirmed by Jack to be set up specifically for the demo.
    What?!?

Campidoctor

What?!?
    It was a scripted campaign specifically designed for today's demo.

If i recall correctly you can appoint members of the other families as generals as well. But as they level up they will become bigger assets to their own families, so it's not without danger.

Actually it's better than that, or worse, depends.

The sliding bar represent the emblem on top of the army flag on the campaign map. In this case it was an eagle, but i guess there are many more choices.

I would have hoped you could choose designs on shields via this option too though...