Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2: Total War @ E3 & REZZED - discussion page

Default Re: Rome 2: Total War @ E3 & REZZED - discussion page

If anyone have record this show in HD, i would like see it again... Please upload it on youtube and share link please... I had no time to install and launch FRAPS... Will and craig are very very funny when they comment the battle, i like very much !!! And the roman assault on ships is impressiv !! I like !!

My feedback :
    - Battle is very impressiv, Sea Battle i like very much !!!
    - I like the diplomacy system, very good
    - I like the evolution of city on the campaign map
    - I like the level of details in egypt on campaign map but...

-- I dont like the difference between tThe level of detail of the lighthouse of Alexandria and the city, very very low for me, and the level of detail, very good, for pyramid, and the egypt as default.
    -- I dont like the no-life on campaign map when you look the germany. No movement, no life, its as a screen... Why ??
    -- I dont like the color of sea on the campaign map, not realist

My screens of this show :

Last edited by super_newbie_pro; June 22, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Rome II Total War by CA - all informations for French Fans here ==> http://www.pcinfos.fr/forum/viewtopi...&t=5035&p=6238
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2. For me, a Real Rome 2 (and finish) is Rome 1 + graphics/IA/Diplomacy of Rome 2, or the actually Rome 2 which we add all the functions mentioned here :
    - Campaign ==> http://tinyurl.com/nuxbr9k
    - Graphics / animations ==> http://tinyurl.com/pcv73nj
    - Audio ==> http://tinyurl.com/omnklxa
    - GAMEPLAY ==> http://tinyurl.com/n9bhqmc
    - Battles ==> http://tinyurl.com/ov9422g

Honestly after seeing all this new stuff I'm beginning to think this is very very very EARLY code of the game and will not look anything like the final release ( i hope atleast) the way the units moved and acted was very weird but also take into account the units speed and stats are tweaked for this particular battle and compared to the Carthage trailer I think that is a better indication as to what the game will be like in terms of gameplay. I really hope I'm right because if not I'm afraid I'm going to be seeing another empire total war fiasco and that would truly suck for Rome.
    [CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

Troll Face

Intel i5 3570K (4.2Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    The battle looked like a mess, the phalanx units moved way too fast.
    This, and the archers firing and projectile speeds. Everything just looks too fast and not the right pace. Hopefully they're tweaking this stuff, because watching men move an 18 foot spear around like it's weightless doesn't look good, and just gives a bad impression.

I liked everything else for the most part. Campaign screen and interface looks good. Although, I hope there's still assassination videos, because I'd think that killing Cicero would be a bigger event than just a text notification.
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Miszel's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou View Post
    Honestly after seeing all this new stuff I'm beginning to think this is very very very EARLY code of the game and will not look anything like the final release ( i hope atleast) the way the units moved and acted was very weird but also take into account the units speed and stats are tweaked for this particular battle and compared to the Carthage trailer I think that is a better indication as to what the game will be like in terms of gameplay. I really hope I'm right because if not I'm afraid I'm going to be seeing another empire total war fiasco and that would truly suck for Rome.
    They are already in Beta, now its time for polishing, not for great changes. They wouldnt show us this version if they werent content of the outcomes.
    Sorry, but this pile of turd is 98% of future Rome II.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I really like the assassination message. The artwork is great.

SturmChurro's Avatar Not Vault Boy

Anyone else notice the portrait bug? After Ceaser wen't into the diplomacy screen with the Ptolemaic his uniform on his portrait turned blue like the Egyptian's?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

MaceHead's Avatar Civis

The units themselves and design/artwork looks good only the physics and fast paced battles feels wrong.

Sabre120's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Steel*Faith View Post
    This, and the archers firing and projectile speeds. Everything just looks too fast and not the right pace. Hopefully they're tweaking this stuff, because watching men move an 18 foot spear around like it's weightless doesn't look good, and just gives a bad impression.
    They explained in a recent Q&A on the Total War forums that the pace of this battle is sped up in the interest of time and that there are still many more tweaks they are making, such as ensuring soldiers don't fly into the air from chariot impact etc.

Very excited. You demand to see as much as possible then complain that it doesn't look polished. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Miszel View Post
    They are already in Beta, now its time for polishing, not for great changes. They wouldnt show us this version if they werent content of the outcomes.
    Sorry, but this pile of turd is 98% of future Rome II.
    What makes you believe this is indeed "Beta" ? They said they were in beta not they are showing beta (unless they stated it somewhere you can provide a link to ) You can't take everything literally all of the time. I believe they put this together before entering beta (you can't expect to put a video together in 1 day can you?)

I'll be happy to eat my words if you can provide a source stating this gameplay of the map and battle are indeed from Beta
    [CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

Troll Face

Intel i5 3570K (4.2Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 7

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

The more i see about battles, the more i feel that this is not more TW.
    Chartage walkthrough was really good, Teutoburg quite good, but this is awful. It seemed an Age of Empires battle.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks to the CA crew taking questions , its not easy at presentations. Unfortunately the audience don't seem to have come prepared for questioning that and the famous English reserve. It's not that they aren't thinking about many, its just that they are too shy to put their hand up. Like this with many conferences I've been to, which makes for a boring finish to many a good presentation.

The first question was the best about the scale of the battles. It is obviously reduced because of the dramatic increase in the quality of the graphics. The average computer just wouldn't be able to cope with the strain. Perhaps improvements in Haswell range of chips might reduce this compromise in the future. The battles in RTW2 will probably look very much like the battle shown in the demonstration, having a a small scale but with a greater emphasis on dramatic effects, even though it does look like a game of skittles. Great pity that there wasn't more time for questioning, the improvements to the campaign game play look very interesting.

i saw so much Nil Battle footage already that i already know that i will never ever touch that historic battle again when i Play the game myself!

ashbery76's Avatar Biarchus

The new internal politics gets me very excited about learning about these new systems and adding more flavour and stories to the game experience.

MaceHead's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre120 View Post
    ensuring soldiers don't fly into the air from chariot impact etc.
    They explained they probably fly less high from chariot impact, but flying nonetheless. I don't think they will tone it much down.

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    Anyone else notice the portrait bug? After Ceaser wen't into the diplomacy screen with the Ptolemaic his uniform on his portrait turned blue like the Egyptian's?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And do you notice how the trees in the distance float in the air? I think they still need some work fixing all these little bugs. Strange they did not remove them before publicly showing the campaign map. EDIT: i still like most of the features though.

Miszel's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou View Post
    What makes you believe this is indeed "Beta" ? They said they were in beta not they are showing beta (unless they stated it somewhere you can provide a link to ) You can't take everything literally all of the time. I believe they put this together before entering beta (you can't expect to put a video together in 1 day can you?)

I'll be happy to eat my words if you can provide a source stating this gameplay of the map and battle are indeed from Beta
    Im not saying its beta footage. They were entering beta during E3, there are 2 months to release, 1 month before physical game copies will be printed.
    There is no time for lifechanging reforms, all what developers can do is fixing minor issues and bugs.

Look here http://youtu.be/dPQCn7beqew?t=31m9s Roman soldiers pass through the wood to get on the ship. It reminds me of the cheat code in the game DOOM where we could pass through walls. Do you think its a bug ?
    Rome II Total War by CA - all informations for French Fans here ==> http://www.pcinfos.fr/forum/viewtopi...&t=5035&p=6238
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2. For me, a Real Rome 2 (and finish) is Rome 1 + graphics/IA/Diplomacy of Rome 2, or the actually Rome 2 which we add all the functions mentioned here :
    - Campaign ==> http://tinyurl.com/nuxbr9k
    - Graphics / animations ==> http://tinyurl.com/pcv73nj
    - Audio ==> http://tinyurl.com/omnklxa
    - GAMEPLAY ==> http://tinyurl.com/n9bhqmc
    - Battles ==> http://tinyurl.com/ov9422g

Another feature I like is the attrition on sieging armies. Not only the army that is beseiged has attrition now. See the image of LEGIO XIII traditions: Engineering Expert (-10% attritional losses when sieging).

This was from the official forum, and the mod there comments how the demo shown isn't even the same one he played.

Hey guys, when mackles comes back Im going to wanna ask him a few questions about a little bit of inconsistancy between what I played at E3 and what Al played there for us on the livestream. There were some odd things that I didn't experience, and I was hoping that he may be able to tell me if the version he plays has these things I didn't see at E3. One thing thats major is that even when I played the effect of the ballista wasn't that extreme, I feel like what he's playing isn't the actual demo its a different build of the game.

Second, the AI as rome's units kept stopping and starting the running process, while all total wars have this to a certain extent, I did not see this at all when I played the demo at E3. Mackles if you read this or anyone that is playing, or has played at rezzed; Tell me if the units did this with you. Third, the phalanx was a bit jittery and floaty, while I find it was similar in the demo I played it wasn't THAT maneuverable. I know that this is the kind of thing they really hammer down on late in the development process, so im not saying I think it will be leftover. However some backup information from someone who had hands on at rezzed would be nice. Some other odd things here and there I think were bugs due to live code that I had no seen either. I feel like he was playing an older build, or perhaps a full game build that isn't as refined as the demo build, which is certainly possible. Either way, interesting battle and till Al managed to kill a few of his own men with those balls of flamey hay I didn't know you could do that. Plus!! YAY!! we finally get some options with autoresolve! Way to go for listening to the community guys, well done. Look forward to seeing the game in a much more polished state down the road.
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)