Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2: Total War @ E3 & REZZED - discussion page

Default Re: Rome 2: Total War @ E3 & REZZED - discussion page

Unlucky germans I guess,...^^ Can't view it, too

Quote Originally Posted by Windseller View Post
    Yeah getting the same result. Is anybody streaming yet?

edit: Or are we just the unlucky germans again that get blocked ._.
    watching...(uk)
    Last edited by Totalheadache; June 22, 2013 at 07:21 AM.

What the hell? No TW game has ever been banned here in Germany - why would they bar us from viewing the stream?

Living in Austria has some advantages ;P

Watching right now with a UK VPN .

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

What kind of people go to these shows... can't they think of better questions?

"What TW game has been more successful in terms of sales?" "How well will the auto-resolve work?" ...

About the bits i saw, there are a couple of new things and i actually didn't like them. The interface does not look particularly good... too modern, too civilizationesque... and also the portraits are awful. Ok its the units, ok they are animated... but they look bad. Shogun's portraits were better.

The combat looks extremelly unpolished. I do hope this is a very early version they are showing... it's only 2 months to release and the game is definatelly not looking better than Shogun.

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

The audience and the clowns doing the presentation kinda gave us the answer we wanted about Rome 2 battles : it's laughable (roman flying made everyone laugh at the ridicule of the scene), and far from epic.
    Rest of the game looks ok regarding total war standards, but those battles are just terrible.

Oh yeah and i hope the animations of non-romans unit are not final, they look completely wooden.

Those questions were terrible.

MaceHead's Avatar Civis

no questions about Romans flying..?

Hey CA! You are just two months or so from release.

How about showing something more than the siege of Alexandria! Yeah I know we saw more diplomacy and such.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    What kind of people go to these shows... can't they think of better questions?

"What TW game has been more successful in terms of sales?" "How well will the auto-resolve work?" ...

About the bits i saw, there are a couple of new things and i actually didn't like them. The interface does not look particularly good... too modern, too civilizationesque... and also the portraits are awful. Ok its the units, ok they are animated... but they look bad. Shogun's portraits were better.

The combat looks extremelly unpolished. I do hope this is a very early version they are showing... it's only 2 months to release and the game is definatelly not looking better than Shogun.
    Agree, The Interface is very ugly and the battle looks really weird.

Soon as Twitch is up were all heading in to chat about what we saw at Rezzed!
    sv.twitch.tv/delicioustzm
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Is it true that there will be no exchange of regions between allies? So I have to declare war on an ally if he conquer a region I need? That's a huge damn problem. That's their understanding of more diplomacy?

Had a good laugh at those balls of fire taking out his own chariots I'm happy also they showed us some new stuff like the politics screen and how the army traditions/ generals lvling works.

Unit sliding is back.

Presenters were total clowns, no wonder Total War isnt a mainstream.

Physics were bad.

Unit Clipping was back: Check out units boarding the ships.

Units running speeds and turn speeds are insanely fast.

Looks 6/10.

Personally I feel Total War peaked at Medieval 2 and then had a rebirth (a little) with shogun 2.

Rome 2 looks average! FIX IT !

I liked the campaign map, wish they had had a look over more of it

and I did actually like the interface, how it was all sort of built in and less about seperate windows but some of it could do with taking up more space and being spread out a bit more

nothing much new from the battle, the phalanx seemed to drop their spears rather than whip out a sword and spread out :p and the naval battle looked cool (I liked when the ships rammed at that weird angle and the roman soldiers scrabbled aboard)

but not enough on the land, it sort of bothers me more now with the men flying everywhere, I know that looking at it a lot of the men that got sent flying didn't actually die and its more about disrupting a formation but I don't want the game to be a siege weapon spamfest like fots

also seemed a bit weird that chariots work like that tbh but meh

I do think its an older build, since I do remember a developer mentioning that in recent versions for instance that Sparta was moved further south, looked like it was in its old spot on the campaign map though and also that units wouldn't "fly" as much from impacts
    Last edited by MrChris; June 22, 2013 at 07:51 AM.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The battle looked like a mess, the phalanx units moved way too fast.

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

So Total War has become Comedy series? Im ok with this. I hope that there are more funny moments, especially during campaign gameplay.
    I see that they aim for british Benny Hill type of comedy, i hope there will be German humour expansion. Fart Jokes DLC, Rape Jokes DLC etc.

Possibiliets are endless

I actually thought the auto-resolve question was a good question. Now, I at least, know that auto resolve will be more in depth and actually have options for the battle. It was a good show. You guys have also got to remember just some of the TWC community is not the entire Total War community (in fact just a little fraction), or the potential newcomers to the series.

Libertus

After watching the livestream I can't wait for the game beeing released in my opinion Rome 2 will be an awsome and long entertaining game.

For me the interface looks really nice I like it also the family system and the diplomatic screen look pretty good.

I don't care if the romans fly around in the battle they've shown as we could see that most of them stand up after the impact so it just smashes their formation.

Rome 2 will definately the best Total War game for me I really can't wait for September (I play the series since Medieval 1)!