Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome 2: Total War @ E3 & REZZED - discussion page

Icon1 Rome 2: Total War @ E3 & REZZED - discussion page

Rome 2 E 3 live stream: http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/stage-1-day-2/
    New pics on page 10 & 11
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=281564&d=1371075653

Rome 2 at REZZED

This year’s Rezzed takes place at The NEC, Birmingham on Saturday 22 nd June and Sunday 23 rd June and will feature the most anticipated PC and indie games of 2013.
    Tickets are on sale now at www.rezzed.com.

1) update on 16/3/2013
    ORIGINAL POST:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Rome 2: Total War live code demo confirmed in Rezzed developer sessions schedule

Plus timings for Project Eternity, Dreamfall Chapters, Frozen Endzone and more.
    ByTom BramwellPublished Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Rezzed: The PC and Indie Games Show is returning to the UK this June and in my role as curator of the developer sessions I've been beavering away over the last few months organising this year's schedule. I've got enough of it together now that I can let you know exactly when the majority of this year's sessions will take place.

A bit of background for those of you who are lost: Rezzed (tickets available at
    Rezzed.com) is a two-day show taking place on the weekend of 22nd/23rd June at the NEC in Birmingham, UK. Now in its second year, it allows attendees to go hands-on with the latest PC and indie games before release and - like its big brother, the Eurogamer Expo - there's also a schedule of developer sessions.

Some of the highlights of this year's schedule include Chris Avellone from Obsidian Entertainment coming over to talk Project Eternity, Red Thread Games' Ragnar Tornquist bringing Dreamfall Chapters, and another couple that I can unveil today - Mode 7 Games will be introducing Frozen Endzone at 2pm on Saturday, and Creative Assembly will be showing live code of Rome 2: Total War on stage on the Sunday.
    Here's the schedule so far:

Saturday 22nd June:

• 12pm - TBA
    • 1pm - Prison Architect (Mark Morris and Chris Delay, Introversion Software)
    • 2pm - Frozen Endzone (Paul Taylor and Ian Hardingham, Mode 7 Games)
    • 3pm - Dreamfall Chapters (Ragnar Tornquist, Martin Bruusgaard and Dag Scheve, Red Thread Games)
    • 4pm - Project Eternity (Chris Avellone, Obsidian Entertainment)
    • 5pm - Sir, You Are Being Hunted (Tom Betts, Big Robot)

Sunday 23rd June:

• 12pm - TBA
    • 1pm - Luftrausers (Rami Ismail, Vlambeer) vs. Hotline Miami (Dennis Wedin, Dennaton)
    • 2pm - Total War: Rome II Live Code Demo (The Creative Assembly)
    • 3pm - TBA
    • 4pm - TBA
    • 5pm - TBA

I'm in advanced negotiations (sounds official, doesn't it?) to fill out the rest of those TBAs with some really cool stuff. Last year we had Peter Molyneux, Randy Pitchford, Dean "Rocket" Hall and many others and the quality should be just as high if not higher this year. I'm looking forward to being able to unveil the rest. (And if you're reading this in the months after it's published on 16th April, do check the Rezzed website to see if we've announced any more since then.)
    If you've never been to a developer session at Rezzed or the Eurogamer Expo before, here's my usual blurb about it: "Developer sessions recreate the behind-closed-doors intimacy of a private industry presentation for hundreds of gamers to experience in person. Each developer will present new information on their project and there will be an audience Q&A at the end of each session so that attendees can ask any burning questions."
    Rezzed isn't just about developer sessions, of course. The show floor is home to dozens of the latest PC and indie games - we've recently opened submissions for the Leftfield Collection of upcoming indie titles, incidentally - and we also have a large board game area, classic game tournaments (last year we had Quake 2, which was briskly attended despite competition from Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2!) and lots of vendors selling game-related merchandise. And sweets - we sell unbelievable quantities of sweets. It's really weird.
    Look out for more Rezzed announcements soon - more developer sessions, playable games on the show floor and other stuff. Oh, and in case full disclosure wasn't self-evident in the above, Rezzed is organised by Gamer Network, which owns Eurogamer.net. Check out Rezzed.com for all the details on the show.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...sions-schedule

2) Update on 20/5/13

Total War: Rome 2 and Company of Heroes 2 playable at Rezzed next month

Last year, CA showed Rome II for the first time atRezzed. This year, they'll be back with the first playable code. Check out the link below to find out more!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...zed-next-month

By Robert Purchese Published Monday, 20 May 2013
    Rezzed, The PC and Indie Games Show returns for a second year this June 22nd-23rd at The NEC building in Birmingham. And now the first playable games have been confirmed.
    They include the first public showing of playable code for Creative Assembly's latest and greatest Total War game, Rome 2. Nobody outside of a handful of press and a man tragically dying of cancer have played this hotly anticipated strategy game. Sega has another blockbuster for the show as well: Company of Heroes 2 - a game given the almost impossible task of following the 10/10 COH1 received in 2006. New studio and IP owner Sega has poured in extra money and allowed extra development time, however, so the sequel has every chance.
    That Sega double-header joins a baker's dozen of smaller-scale games confirmed for the show floor. They include the lovely Project Zomboid made by The Indie Stone, as well as the intriguing Sir, You Are Being Hunted by Big Robot.

Rezzed tickets cost £12 for a day or £20 for the weekend, and they're on sale now.The games of Rezzed so far:

• Total War: Rome 2
    • Company of Heroes 2
    • Democracy 3
    • Redshirt
    • Ethan Meteor Hunter
    • Revenge of the Titans
    • Droid Assault
    • Ultratron
    • Titan Attacks
    • Sir, You Are Being Hunted
    • Project Zomboid
    • Velocity Ultra
    • Surge
    • Coconut Dodge Revitalised
    • Revenge of the Sunfish 2

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/192580/Total_Wartrade_ROME_II_and_Company_of_Heroestrade_2playable_at_Rezzed.php

ROME II, developed by Creative Assembly, is the hugely anticipated follow-up to 2004 hit Rome: Total War. The game features combined land and naval engagements in its battle gameplay for the first time, alongside a wealth of new features in the campaign mode to emphasise the scheming and devious nature of politics and conquest in the ancient world.
    Relic Entertainment’s Company of Heroes 2 is the successor to 2006’s critically acclaimed real-time strategy game. Built using Relic’s own Essence 3.0 Engine, the sequel will place players in control of the Red Army and promises a host of new features and improvements over the first game.
    "The Total War and Company of Heroes franchises represent the pinnacle of PC strategy games” said David Lilley, Events Director at Gamer Network. "We’re thrilled that SEGA has chosen to bring titles of this calibre to Rezzed”.
    ROME II and Company of Heroes 2 are the first games to be announced for this year’s Rezzed, with many more games set to be revealed in the coming weeks.
    Rezzed will also host a full schedule of Developer Sessions, where leading studios and independents will reveal more about their games in development and the way they are building them. Developers announced so far include Introversion Software (Prison Architect), Obsidian Entertainment (Project Eternity) and Creative Assembly (ROME II), with many more high profile names to be revealed soon.
    You can find more details at www.rezzed.com, or follow us on Twitter (@rezzedgameshow) or on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/RezzedGameShow) for regular updates.

E3
    Total War: Rome II - Another of SEGA's PC-exclusives, Total War: ROME II will be playable for the very first time at E3 where players will take part in battles between Egypt and Rome along the Nile http://www.news10.net/entertainment/...ineup-revealed

Destined to be the biggest game in the entire series so far, Total War: ROME II will be playable for the very first time at the show with a thrilling battle between Egypt and Rome on the banks of the River Nile. Developers Creative Assembly will also unveil the Total War: ROME II campaign map, showcasing the most ambitious campaign mode in any Total War game yet – packed with innovative new features, detail, and breathtaking in its scope. http://www.psu.com/a019687/SEGA-unve...ted-E3-line-up

We played all this in a recreation of the Battle of the Nile in 47BC. Caesar, leading the 13th Legion, marches on Pompey's hilltop camp. Pompey, in charge of Egyptian forces, definitely has the upper hand, including elephants, ballistae, and loads of traps that he can send down on Caesar's legionaries as they advance. Off to the west, the two generals each have fleets facing each other. If Pompey can keep Caesar's fleet from landing fresh forces and hold out until reinforcements arrive, the Romans won't stand a chance. The battle is definitely harder on the Roman side, but not impossible if you manage your forces well and have a bit of luck on your side. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/total-war-rome-2
    All new information on Total War: Rome II from the E3 show floor. The demo includes new information on the campaign map, the Battle for the Nile, and a ton of new assets: http://bit.ly/170JJB4

E3 links:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/thre...rome-ii-at-e3/
    http://www.pcgamer.com/gallery/total...-war-rome-2-1/

E3 LIVE SCHEDULE
    ALL TIMES PDT (.SCHEDULE MAY CHANGE.)
    http://uk.ign.com/events/e3
    04:40p Total War: Rome II 01:20 AM in Central Europe and 00:20 AM in the UK.
    Wed12

11:00a Battlefield 4
    11:20a Command & Conquer
    11:40a Need for Speed: Rivals
    12:00p Nintendo Game
    12:20p Watch_Dogs
    12:40p Tearaway
    01:00p Killer is Dead
    02:00p The Crew
    02:20p TBA
    02:40p Wolfenstein: The New Order
    03:00p Nintendo Game
    03:20p The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
    03:40p Saints Row IV
    04:00p Nintendo Game
    04:20p Puppeteer
    04:40p DuckTales: Remastered
    05:00p The Evil Within
    05:20p Quantum Break
    05:40p LocoCycle
    06:00p TBA
    06:20p LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
    06:40p Beyond: Two Souls
    Thu13

11:00a Rayman Legends
    11:20a TBA
    11:40a The Elder Scrolls Online
    12:00p Outlast
    12:20p Killzone: Mercenary
    12:40p Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
    01:00p Fantasia: Music Evolved
    02:00p Splinter Cell: Blacklist
    02:20p Company of Heroes II
    02:40p FIFA (Next Gen)
    03:00p WarFrame PS4
    03:20p Scribblenauts: Unmasked
    03:40p Skylanders: Swap Force
    04:00p Mad Max
    04:20p Tales of Xillia
    04:40p Total War: Rome II
    01:20 AM in Central Europe and 00:20 AM in the UK.
    05:00p TBA
    05:20p Murdered: Soul Suspect
    05:40p People's Choice Award

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/68644-After-Action-Report-Hardwaremaster-goes-to-E3-and-totally-woops-Ptolomy-s-butt/page7?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/12/to...ga-booth-tour/
    Last edited by * Matolo Swazulu *; June 13, 2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: title and content update

Default Re: Rome 2: Total War @ Rezzed - discussion page

The last Rezzed was great, even if it did result in me getting photoshoped. If you can, I highly recommend coming along.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    The last Rezzed was great, even if it did result in me getting photoshoped. If you can, I highly recommend coming along.
    WILL REPLIED TO A POST BY ME So Will, will there be a video posted afterwards on YouTube of the presentation for those unable to attend?

Quote Originally Posted by * Matolo Swazulu * View Post
    WILL REPLIED TO A POST BY ME So Will, will there be a video posted afterwards on YouTube of the presentation for those unable to attend?
    I really don't know at this moment in time, but we should have more idea closer to the event. Not to sound cheesy, but the best idea is to go along if you're interested.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

There was a rally point episode about rezzed last time...

icenii's Avatar Civis

May be back in the UK by the time of Rezzed if so i'm definitely going.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Not my thing.

But guys of CA - I would like to see a live stream of the demo broadcast here and on the main forums. You'll be super popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Not my thing.

But guys of CA - I would like to see a live stream of the demo broadcast here and on the main forums. You'll be super popular.
    Good idea +Rep

Stívarðr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Only wish I had the time and cash to attend...

Sad times.

Quote Originally Posted by ♦Assiduus Victoria♦ View Post
    Only wish I had the time and cash to attend...

Sad times.
    which is why I asked for the video to go on the YouTube channel

Campidoctor

Awesome. You know I might be able to make this, I should be in Birmingham at that time of year

Default Re: Rome 2 playable for the public next month

*holds breath*
    3570K 4700mhz cooled with Corsair H80 // Asus Z77 // MSI GTX 580
    16GB 2400mhz DDR3 // Crucial M4 256GB Raid 0 // Dell 2007WFP

For a moment I tought it was the Demo -_- ...

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Any chance of a live stream guys?

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Oh... my god...

Good god I want to buy a ticket for Rezzed now

Gugg's Avatar Semisalis

If livestream, I'm gonna need new pants