Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28536869707172737475767778
Results 1,541 to 1,545 of 1545

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

does anyone know if swapping animations in or out can be done without skeletons.dat or the battlemodels.DB file editing?

I want to change the uruk hai with sword and shield to use the sword and shield animations instead of shield and mace

in MOS 1.7 to be precise
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

You have to edit BMDB.

Scharfrichter's Avatar Miles

Hello,
    do you know how to change Faction leader names?
    I tried doing it via descr_strat, (checked if the name is available in names.txt, it is), but the the leader comes up with no name in the campaign - it's just a blank space where the name is supposed to be. Strange, because I sucessfully changed the heirs name. When I tried to revert to the old name, the campaign won't start at all. Literally every name I use shows up as blank space in the campaign, but using the origi al old one does not even start the campaign....

Any ideas?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Did you edit descr_names.txt?

Default Building Requirements Logic

I am having some trouble modding building requirements. I don't understand how logic here works. Let's assume I have a government building with two possible upgrade paths:

mygovprec > mygov1_level1 > mygov1_level2 > mygov1_level3 > mygov1_level4
    mygovprec > mygov2_level1 > mygov2_level2 > mygov2_level3

Code:
    building mygov
    {
        levels mygovprec mygov1_level1 mygov2_level1 mygov1_level2 mygov2_level2 mygov1_level3 mygov2_level3 mygov1_level4
        ; etc
    }
    Now I need a building that requires one government path and not the other AND either a market or caravans. So logic should be "(mygov2_level1 OR mygov2_level2 OR mygov2_level3) AND (market OR caravans)". I am only aware of `building_present_min_level` condition so I tried something like this:

Code:
    building mybuilding
    {
        ; ...
        mybuilding_level1 requires factions { ... } 
            and building_present mygov 
            and building_present market or building_present caravans 
            and not building_present_min_level mygov mygov1_level1 or building_present_min_level mygov mygov2_level1
            and not building_present_min_level mygov mygov1_level2 or building_present_min_level mygov mygov2_level2 
            and not building_present_min_level mygov mygov1_level3 or building_present_min_level mygov mygov2_level3 
            and not building_present_min_level mygov mygov1_level4
        ; ...
    }
    I tried to play with order of conditions, but I don't understand the rule how the engine evaluates this, in which order and which precedence. In any normal language, AND takes precedence over OR. That doesn't seem to be the case here. Left-to-right also doesn't seem like the way this works.

There might be some typos in the code, please ignore them. Also I broke the condition into several lines for readability (and how I hoped it would be evaluated).