Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2752676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1545

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

texture files don't cause ctds so you can rule that out. As far as I remember the modeldb file has a number of entries that must be correct, so if this is a new entry you should increase the number count by 1. You can search the forums on tutorials on editing the modeldb file, I'm sure there are plenty.

Thanks for the reply!
    Sadly, inputting the correct number is exactly the cause of the CTD. Since I have made sure the syntax count, and file path correct, henceforth my suspicion in regards of the mesh.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Guys,
    I've got a question that you may happen to know:
    - do we know how much impact does the loss of stamina on the performance of the units have? (in my notes I've got: -2 atk tired, 3 atk, -1 def very tired, -4 atk, -2 def exhausted, -6 atk, -3 def totally exhausted - I'd like to know if this is the common wisdom: not %% but values, as it'd impact weak units a lot indeed; besides: no impact on morale, right?)
    - do the "heat" parameters impact on other things than the speed of losing stamina?
    - do we know what types of terrain impacts on the speed of regaining stamina?
    I'll be grateful for assistance :-)
    cheers
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

I recall reading about people attempting to find this stuff out from testing one unit vs. one unit. The short answer is no one knows, while the game is simple the game engine is dynamic. Meaning there is always more than just two factors to consider. I do scientific research, we can only compare two things at a time. The animations alone and how they impact this stuff is too much to consider.

If you find out the max and min setting of something you can get percentages to work with, it isn't real but it is better than nothing. This is what I did.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 16, 2019 at 05:12 AM.

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Hey there
    Since V3 of DaC is released I restarted to further tweak the game to make it even more enjoyable - of course just in my opinion. So my questions concern Third Age Total War DaC.

My aim is to let some factions build some more buildings. To be more specific I want to make High elves (egypt, saxons) able to build great roads. Which files I have to edit in order to make it probably working?
    I already tried and it worked to some extend. I was able to build great roads as High elves but playing a campaign in the building complete message at every new turn (only) sometimes the game failed to show the short description of great roads displaying instead: „Do not translate“. This is telling me that I did something wrong and I want to find out my mistakes.
    If anybody knows how to help me out on that it would be great

Lastly I failed to correctly set unit voices.
    From Reforged I imported the Elder Palace Guard for Mirkwood. The unit is probably working in game but when I select the unit on the battle map (click on their unit card or on one soldier they are silent. I want them to use the same voice files like the Elvenkings Guard (the Mirkwood Bodyguard unit uses it as well I believe) saying something like: „They may be near by“ or „We must reclaim our forest“.
    Where do I have to make these changes?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by scolsie1; March 10, 2019 at 05:56 AM.

Default A bit of modding help...

Hello to all,

I really love this mod! It can be described only as "awesome".

However, I would like to change it a bit. Could someone who knows his way around modding be so kind and help me?

I would like to do just a simple little mod - change the effect of chivalry. It seems not to work much...I would like it to be more similar to the vanilla medieval, to add more to population growth. Can it be done in some easy way? I was searching for it for more than an hour, without any bigger effect...

Thanks in advance to all good souls who point (or kick) me in the right direction
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hi Lothar

There are two ways to change the efficiency of cavalry: the mass of mounts in descr_mount.txt and the attack stats in export_descr_unit.txt (both in the data-folder).
    Always backup the files before you edit them.

Example descr_mount:
    Code:
    type                northern heavy horse    ;;;;;  Northern standard horse
    class                horse
    model                northern_heavy_horse 
    radius                1.2
    x_radius            0.5
    y_offset            0.7
    height                2.5
    mass                3.25
    banner_height        0
    bouyancy_offset        1.8
    water_trail_effect    horse_water_trail
    root_node_height    1.0
    rider_offset        0.0, 0.38, 0.70
    What's good settings is up for debate; note that the TATW settings are already higher than in M2, but this is an easy way to improve cavalry without edit each unit.

Then in the EDU you can change the attack values for each cavalry unit. The line of interest is stat_pri as that's the lance [in case cavalry has it], while stat_pri refer to swords etc used by lance- and missile-cavalry.
    The first value (6 here) is the base attack, the second value (9 here) is the charge bonus.
    Code:
    type             Gondor Cavalry
    dictionary       Gondor_Cavalry      ; Gondor Cavalry
    category         cavalry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_cavalry
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_cavalry, 30, 0, 1
    officer             gondor_captain_early_flag
    officer             gondor_captain_early_flag
    mount            gondor horse
    mount_effect     elephant -4, camel -4
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, legionary_name, can_formed_charge, knight, free_upkeep_unit
    formation        2, 4.4, 3, 6, 2, square
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         6, 9, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         8, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    (...)

~~~~~~~~~~

As for population growth easiest change out to be descr_settlement_mechanics.xml (use Notepad to open it*) and look up:
    Code:
          <factor name="SPF_BUILDINGS">        ;EDB population_growth_bonus
             <pip_modifier value="1.0"/>
          </factor>
    Not quite sure what's a good new level. You can check what's now, then change it to 1.5 and see what's the difference. Tweak till you're pleased.

*Recommend you get Notepad++ in case you do not have that yet. It's a freeware and much better and safer to use than normal Notepad.
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 20, 2019 at 11:13 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Chivalry, Ngugi, chivalry.

descr_settlement_mechanics.xml it is though...

Code:
          <factor name="SPF_GOVERNORS_INFLUENCE">	;Governor chivalry
             <pip_modifier value="0.12"/>
             <pip_min value="0"/>
             <pip_max value="1"/>
          </factor>
    Vanilla M2TW...

Code:
          <factor name="SPF_GOVERNORS_INFLUENCE">
             <pip_modifier value="1.0"/>
             <pip_min value="0"/>
             <pip_max value="10"/>
          </factor>
    Some earlier posts were discussing this too...
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13126745

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Ah yes, would make for a better RP experience, and not risk to make the growth generally overpowered.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Great! Thx a lot, good people of middle earth
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Hello guys, IIRC when V3 came out, the team played with population growth a bit, since it wanted to lessen it, so it wouldn't explode like in Vanilla Med2, so the growth got lowered, but cuz the AI is dumb the AI got some population growth bonuses, can anyone who remembers that tell me some more about what the team did, and how can i adjust it. For immersion reasons i wanna have the same pop growth as the AI

Hey there!

Is it possible to have immortal generals?

I want to disable the "die of old" feature completely or degrease ist effects. So it would also do to set up the maximal age from 120 (I guess it is) to 1000.

Every help is appreciated! Thanks

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hey, look into descr_campaign_db.xml, search age. Should be self explanatory.

150 is the max I think. Increasing the number of turns per year makes them age more slowly. There are tutorials on that, e.g. 12 tpy.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi! Want to ask - is there any open sources for Rohan unit roster for any projects on Third Age TW? Need
    them as a base for one faction in Westeros historical project.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi, not quite. You can try asking Earl of Memory for his Horesmen of Rohan: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Rohan-Released!
    Another option could be to use content from the open source Mount & Blade mod The last Days of the Third Age of Middle-earth.

Hello everyone -

Where would I find the file that contains the text that pops up when you mouse over a general's stats (command, loyalty, etc)? I've poked around for a while and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

text\tooltips.txt

e.g.
    {TMT_COMMAND_LEVEL_0}This man would wet himself at the notion he should be in charge at all
    {TMT_COMMAND_LEVEL_1}Young peasant girls laugh when this man tries to tell them what to do

Perfect, thank you!

Hey all,

Looking for some help in adding a unit from TA: Reforged to TATW: MOS. I have added several units from Reforged to MOS and they work without a problem, but I have tried adding the Galadhrim Warrior to MOS and the unit is causing the game to CTD when it is ordered to charge the enemy.

No crash when ordering the unit to target an enemy using their bows, no crash when ordering to move somewhere, no crash when they are engaged in melee combat but given no orders. ONLY when ordering them to melee charge an enemy, and I believe they enter into their charging "animation" does the game then CTD. I have moved all the textures, meshes, and sprites required by the Galadhrim_Warrior model in the ModelDB.

Any advice or help on this matter?