Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Is it possible to change the 4 turns per year from vanilla into 12 turns a year?
    I have a script of another mod which is 12 turns, can I just copy-paste it in the campaign_script.txt and change the time scale in descr.strat? --> what time scale do I need?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm fairly sure TATW is already in 12 turns per year. Maybe even 24.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Thank you for the response!

I need to re-install TATW though so should I also change the time scale in descr.strat?

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

It would surely help.

4 TPY: 0.25
    2 TPY: 0.5
    1 TPY: 1

12 TPY: 0.8225*

* Never tested this value (theoretical is 0.83...3) but may work as intended, without breaking any scripting function.
    Seriously, you won't notice the extra turn among one hundred turns more. There had been some conversation about it and the "add_event" command in the Mod Workshop, but I can't find it right now.

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

1648 is 12 turns per year and the number in descr_strat is 0.08333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333.

At least it was before, in the newest version it is 0.08.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    There had been some conversation about it and the "add_event" command in the Mod Workshop, but I can't find it right now.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ot-not-working

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Ehm hy guys..
    I'm playing TATW3.2 with MOS 1.6.1 and I'm so tired to wait more then 5 turns to be able to recruit the BR dunedain cavalry..
    I'd like to say if there's a line that change the in-game called "next turn aviable"..
    Thank's a lot!

Inviato dal mio GT-I8160 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    Ehm hy guys..
    I'm playing TATW3.2 with MOS 1.6.1 and I'm so tired to wait more then 5 turns to be able to recruit the BR dunedain cavalry..
    I'd like to say if there's a line that change the in-game called "next turn aviable"..
    Thank's a lot!
    Hi melwasul

Open the file export_descr_buildings.txt found in the data-folder

Look for Mounted Dunedain and edit this number:
    Code:
                    recruit_pool "Mounted Dunedain"  1   0.04   1  0  requires factions { turks, }  and hidden_resource dunedain and event_counter northmen_turks 1
    That is the replentish-numberm the number that show how soon the unit has replentished enough to be recruted. The number must be between 0 to 1, where 1 equal a new unit each turn.
    In this example (from an older version of MOS mind you, so it may differ from yours) 0.04 is the same as 4% increase added each turn, so that after 25 turns (4 x 25 = 100% or technically 0.04 x 25 = 1) a new unit is avilable.
    Change it to whatever you like to.
    Save game compatible.

Remember that there are 7 different entries for the Mounted Dunedain, as each level of stables in cities and each level of stables in castles have their own line + two entries for the veteran building (a bit further down).
    Can also be a point to give lesser stables a lower replentish rate than greater ones.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Ehy thank's a lot mate!!!
    Really really thank's!!!

Inviato dal mio GT-I8160 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello I am trying to find a dwarf archer unit. Not a crossbow unit, Dwarfs should not have crossbows in lotr (in my opion neither should urk-hai but they look cool enough I dont complain). Dose any one know if one has been made, and is playable? If so where?

But I digress, I thought I had seen a dwarf archer unit at some point but I can not find it.

This may not be the best place for the above questions, but hope fully this is. when and if I find the dwarf archer unit/units, how do I replace the crossbows with them?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by angrenost View Post
    Hello I am trying to find a dwarf archer unit. Not a crossbow unit, Dwarfs should not have crossbows in lotr (in my opion neither should urk-hai but they look cool enough I dont complain). Dose any one know if one has been made, and is playable? If so where?

But I digress, I thought I had seen a dwarf archer unit at some point but I can not find it.

This may not be the best place for the above questions, but hope fully this is. when and if I find the dwarf archer unit/units, how do I replace the crossbows with them?

Thank you
    There's a unit in FROGS http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t-Vale-archers
    and/from FRoME http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323812

The principles to move a unit is described here; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13386237

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hey i tried editing my 'export_descr_units' document, however after I made the changes the game won't start could someone check my file and see where i went wrong, please. I play the DAC submod for The Third Age mod all fully updated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry for the repost, attached wrong file and now can't seem to upload it..

Before you can edit a post you need to been a member for a week [check] and have 25 posts (a step to hinder spam boots)

Tell us what changes you made and what the log says. We can't go through the whole document.

So my second attempt at combining models has gone little better than the first.

I've merged the two model files in milkshape, and properly assigned the textures in the modeldb and this is what has happened:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...70458913199017

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

If it makes a difference, I can't get the textures to apply to the model in milkshape either.
    Last edited by Jmonstra; December 14, 2013 at 01:15 AM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Never, ever use milkshape for merging, it messes stuff up I've been given to understand. Use GOM's converter or GOAT to merge models instead.

If it makes a difference, I can't get the textures to apply to the model in milkshape either.
    That's weird, have you made sure the correct groups are assigned to the correct materials? You can't assign any texture file either, convert it to a .tga or .png if you hadn't done that already.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

So I went back and merged them in GOM. Here's the problem:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...70458937264941

They've also clearly got Jesus Syndrome. I've checked the comments in the groups tab, but they all appear to have been assigned a comment.

Wat do D:?

Okay this might be a problem. When opening the model in milkshape, I get a messages about the "missing subversion for vertex weights 2" pop up. It even happens with the two base models I'm using to put this together.