Page 9 of 122 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

thanks, but I assume that just makes the native american factions not attack anyone or hostile towards everyone else. I'm talking about the natives from both the Americas and India (the latter ones should still be able to function, or india would get rather dull). Also, in my example, the trade offer came from austria (during their turn), I don't know what the "not expandable" feature does, but in my case they just swapped one home region for another, in europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

one more idea i have is this:
    Can you make bai form a defensive square,if he can,when its attacked from human's cavalry,and reform lines when your cavalry is withdrawn?this could anihilate human's ability to break foot regiments using cavalry regiments.Its almost sure that if you attck a regiment of foot with good cavalry you have braken them.With square that its almost impossible.
    also did you try the fire and advance for light infantry only?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Sir Aggelos- if you want fire and advance for light infantry here is what you do. Go to effect_bonus_value_unit_ability_junctions and enable fire_and_advance. Then to to unit_class_to_unit_ability junctions and add line to and type in line_infantry in empty box and then in the ability box type: fire_and_advance. This will enable it for light infantry. I will add square formation to line infantry and grenadiers right now so they will form square.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; May 27, 2013 at 02:33 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: All line infantry will now form square.

[QUOTE=Bran Mac Born;12883662]Sir Aggelos- if you want fire and advance for light infantry here is what you do. Go to effect_bonus_value_unit_ability_junctions and enable fire_and_advance. Then to to unit_class_to_unit_ability junctions and add line to and type in line_infantry in empty box and then in the ability box type: fire_and_advance. This will enable it for light infantry. I will add square formation to line infantry and grenadiers right now so they will form square.[ All this in which program?i will give it a try

Patrician

Sir Aggelos the files are in DME_darthmod, db files.

Patrician

UPDATE: Added new abilities tables and new building effects table. Better infantry behavior and more naval invasions

Anyway,i have been trying for a couple of time to upload some picture but this dump forum doesnt let me.Im a little pissed of because in order to change a page i have to tap 5 times the refresh button(always 500 server internal error).
    To the game now.I think you have made a very good work.I have the latest of your versions but the campaign didnt start with it,i dont know if this affects.
    Generally about my campaign,it seems stable and balanced.Swedish in 60 turn conquered denmark while in dme 8.01 in 10 turn denmark is dead.maratha/mughals fighting for india.ai builds big armies and navies.harbor protection has been improved.
    What i have seen so far is that ai moves armies towards humans boarders.I have 2 maratha armies at my border in india and some other are inside my territory because i have given them miltary access.in martinique windart islands 2 english fleets with armies have stopped there for several turns.We are friendly with english and maratha but why did the stopped there?do they want to attack me?if yes why did they attack at the same turn?british have territories in caribean better send the fllet with their armies there,instead of crusing outside my territories.maratha are in war with mughals why do they keep 2 armies at my border?for protection?better send them to crush mughals!
    furthermore dutch were enemy with me we made peace and they moved to central europe.They took prague from austria.The problem here is that austrians have 2 full stack armies at savoy/genoa territory while their enemies are outside their capital?do they feel so safe?i wont in their position.
    i have also noticed that 2 big nations(dutch,united kindom) after 65 turn still have their main military building at level 2(still baracks) although they have researched other techs.
    battles are difficult personally i love them.
    by this time and for many turns im in war with native civs (iroquios,and cherokee) only nobody else has declared war but iroquios have stucked me in america,i cannot move further they look so stong.!good job.
    in some turns i will research platton firing to see how it works.
    THE things i write above ARE NOT BUGS,its some things i see.I have to notify you you will change everything that you think it should be changed.
    In general terms campaigns and battles have been improved very much

Patrician

Thank you for the report. I will improve faction behavior. Are you getting Ottoman turn bug? Glad you like the battles. Will have upload later today.

neither ottoman lag nor dagestan overprotectorateship

Patrician

UPDATE: Better regional defense,better military tech research, changed how when factions will attack as per report by Sir Aggelos. Uploaded to post #1 save game compatible.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; June 04, 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Could you tell me which of the three mod versions is best in view of gameplay, realism, likeness to vanilla and which is your personal favorite. Thanks
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Hey, thanks for continuing the updates for this. Does it work with Subs Power 1.5?

Patrician

Fanest I recommend version one-volley fire. All the files are the same except on the firing drills- but in my tests the BAI works a bit better with volley fire. Lithuex-yes it will work with Subs Power 1.5. It is DarthMod with BAI and CAI modifications and a few new files that will not interfere with any thing else-it only results in a more action packed campaign. Make sure you use the Dagastan bug fix too.

Finally the 2 austria armies that have camped in savoy moved to venice and probably they will reenforce their last region in croatia that is near.Want to see their behaviour
    Also i noticed that supernation dutch are not creating generals to none of their armies.Havent seen anything else to another nation,maybe it happened,but i must report
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 06, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

Whats best way to test/see that i properly installed this mod? First i backuped DME in data folder then i used 8.01 launcher and set it to u be vanilla ready. After that i copied and pasted this "DME_darthmod.pack" (version all line units use Volley-Fire) into data folder. Following this i again opened launcher and set everything for DM and started the game. Is this the right procedure?

Patrician

Set launcher to be DarthMod ready. Cut and paste the DME_darthmod file into a backup folder. Install NEW DME_darthmod file(that is mod file) into the data folder. That is it. Then unpack the Dagestan/Hannover bug fix into your Empire data folder. Start the game.

Patrician

UPDATE: New Pirate raids! Pirates will naval invade your coast and do raids Uploaded to post 1

Thank you! I will go play now this new version with pirate raids update and will report.

Patrician

UPDATE: Complete rewrite of campaign difficulty handicap effects. Hard=Very Hard, Very Hard= Insane Hard
    Campaign will be a real challenge and not a cake walk.