Page 8 of 122 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Update:
    I tried something to figure out what causes this problem.So i tried to load the save with official dme 8.0.1 dme_darthmod.pack ,turn 40 ended without crash.I exited replaced with your file loaded save at turn 41 but i get crashes when using diplomacy.So the problem maybe with your dme_darthmod.pack
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; May 22, 2013 at 06:32 AM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: Corrected some typos in campaign ai personality junctions table. Uploaded new files post #1. These typos may have caused crash. Please test and report back. Thanks.

Have been experiencing this crash also. tried the new update(above ) and it doesn't fix it for me.

Its at the end of the ai turn almost always between the pirate move and the players new turn. A hard ctd.
    I have tended to get it about 16-25 turns into a game as GB (40 Unit games always.)

Can get past it by substituting the original DME_darthmod.pack (but I don't want to have to do that :-( because I like the way that the game plays out with your tweaks much better....).

p.s really like what you are doing. Its definitely going in the right direction. Thank you for your hard work and perseverance so far.
    Hopefully this will turn out to be something minor.

I have deleted the 40 turn save game and didnt catch-up your last update.I started a new one and install your last update to test it.No more than 10 turns i played a really epic battle.Dutch invaded from flanders and get reenforced by an army from brussels.I have fewer troops and gathered them on a hill.Ai built up his forces attack with some cavalry first and marched to the hill with all his forces!i lost because they engaged us in melee and they had the numbers.I liked the way they moved,they attcked with infantry from 2 sides while their cavalry hit our flank.Maybe they could attack with cavalry after their infantry was closer to our ranks.Also i saw an infantry battalion of them sitting back at the area of their artillery,this batallion didnt join the attack.Very good battle definately.
    Also one more thing i spotted:I get a gentleman spawed in paris.I sent him to bordeaux to the college i have,movement arrow is green,he should arrive at the same turn gentleman stops just outside the college and doesnt enter.He will be available to move in next turn.
    Last but not least about the nations that dont have school or colleges.Can they still steal a tech?If they can they keep their gentlemen idle in their capitol.I have seen many of them sitting.I repeat i dont know if they can steal techs without a school,its better for the ai to send them steal or duel.Even if they cant steal they could kill some of the others gentlemen,better than sitting

PS:did you try to enable the fire and advance for light infantry units only?can this be one?

Patrician

I am using the volley fire version and have not got a crash yet. I will investigate the pirate faction and see if there is anything that is causing it. Glad you had a good battle

Old Gendarme's Avatar Foederatus

I downloaded the new file but it crashes and will not allow to me to start-up game. I uninstalled the new file and put original in and it worked.
    "I very nearly had to wait!"
    -Louis XIV, Le Roi Soleil

Patrician

UPDATE: Uploaded new files-changed behavior of Pirate Faction and minor Factions a small money tweak.Played 25 turns and no crashes. crashes. I recommend that old file deleted or cut and backed up then install new file. Windows overwrites can screw up files Files at post #1. Test and report please. 40 unit games could be buggy-there is nothing that I can find that caused Pirate turn crash.

SO far no end turn crash.i can verify i had 2 other crashes when i was right clicking the suisse guard picture from the palais bourbons at paris.I dont click them again hope crashes stay at this level
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; May 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

UPDATE:
    THE proof that something was not good(crash when trying to see suisse guard details) is a end turn 24 crash.
    The campaign has been started not with the last file you have released but it has been overwritten with the last one.Maybe the france campaign isnt willing to play.Do you think starting a new with your last file would make difference?
    i use the last of your files(platoon firing version) could this be the problem?

Patrician

Try it with another version-FBR or Volley Fire Version and see. I will look for that unit and see it there is anything wrong with it. I have not had crashes using FBR or Volley have not tested Platoon fire in campaign yet just custom battle to see if works. Reading the forms and it seems that DME is not stable and crashes for others. DMN is stable and that is what I mostly play it.

The crash was with suisse guard icon.Suisse guard are available with palais bourbons.This building takes 8 turns to be created.By the time this building would be created i had end turn crash.There should be a problem with the building or this unit.Probably there could be problems with other units too.In the first campaign the same!end turn crash by the time palais bourbons was ready.this cant be a coincidense
    You should probably test platton firing version too.

UPDATE:
    file 1 works,no crash on swisse guards.Their details are appeared.no crash at end of turn.
    file 2 didnt even allow me to start the game dont know why but doesnt matter.
    So the problem is something with file 3
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; May 24, 2013 at 02:38 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Fixed FBR file. Works now. Will test Platoon File in campaign.

I can verify.File above works with no crash at a unit or in the end of turn.To Be sure i clicked all the units from the army staff board(last military building).no crash
    Im not a modder but i think platoon firing version has to do something with the elite units.Suisse guard are elite units.Probably because they have platoon firing enabled?Something else?I dont know.Maybe other nations that can train elite units have the same problem.Its up to you now

I checked the other main fractions. Only Suisse guards from France (those guys with the black hat/ not the Gardes Suisses) are causing troubles, when you select them.

Patrician

UPDATE: Fixed typo in unit abilities table for Swiss Guard. Works now. Uploaded new file Platoon fire to post #1.

Hi, since you seem to be one of the last actual modders on this forum, and you seem to work with requests, I have a small one
    could you tweak the CAI so that it would stop swapping regions en masse? or just remove the whole feature of region exchange alltogether?
    I'm currently in a pickle where whenever I (Prussia) end turn, my allies (Bavaria) are sieging Vienna but get beaten by the Austrians, forcing them to retreat into Croatia, which is also Austrian, but ungarissoned, so every single time they trade Croatia with the Cherokee for one of their home regions. I really hate it when indians (american/indian) suddenly pop up in europe for no reason but the european AI not being able to cope with losing a province.
    I think the exchange region feature adds little to the game itself, which is primeraly based on battles and conquest, hence I would not miss this feature if it had to be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Patrician

Riiterburger-open Pack File Manager and open the DME_darthmod in Empire data and find the file called factions and make the change the Indian factions to not expandable or to rebel and that with solve your problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	688.2 KB 
ID:	279650New platton firing version works.no crash!
    Im pleased with new ai just one thinG.i HAve noticed that ai rushes to attack with his cavalry.He attcks with no support my lines and getting killed.I dont know if anyone else sees this but i see that in every battle.Cavalry movement is good but he should attack not untill the infantry has reached the range zone.Then he should attack.Maybe the other mods intefere in my game?have you seen this?look the pic 1 of the cavalry regiments are coming towards us will their infantry is still back.Some of them are kept back but not all.In other battles more than 1
    attack me before infantry does

Later tonight i will give you some more ideas to tune BAI and cai more,based on what i have seen

I have the same issue in my campaigns from a BAI perspective, with the cavalry units charging right in front of my lines. They get slaughtered each time.Especially as the AI tends to recruit a lot of cavalry units, it is annoying.

I also see a lot of bad artillery deployments in battles.

From a CAI perspective, i am more than happy with a lot of attacks, naval invasions etc.

I play with the FBR version (number 2)

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Patrician

UPDATE: Fix BAI Cav Behavior- changed horse speed to match real life speed-they will march in unison with infantry and charge when infantry reach battle lines. Test. Uploading to post 1