Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Subcidal Bran's Empire Campaign is my BAI and CAI and it is the same one that is included here. I provided it for those who want to use it with the vanilla game. What does it do? Well BAI it fixes some problems with line formations-Ai will now form coherent lines of battle and will flank you with deadly CAV attacks, new morale settings plus better Artillery. BAI regions develop better and factions attack more and new diplomacy settings and Ottoman turn fix. Oh I put all versions at the start of the tread for you

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Subcidal Bran's Empire Campaign is my BAI and CAI and it is the same one that is included here. I provided it for those who want to use it with the vanilla game. What does it do? Well BAI it fixes some problems with line formations-Ai will now form coherent lines of battle and will flank you with deadly CAV attacks, new morale settings plus better Artillery. BAI regions develop better and factions attack more and new diplomacy settings and Ottoman turn fix. Oh I put all versions at the start of the tread for you
    Much appreciated, The vanilla version really threw me for a loop for a while there, I was quite confused =P.

I'll give you some feedback after i put a few hours in-game. =) So far it sounds all around good.

Oh and BTW, You mispelled Hannover in that scripting.lua file. You spelt it as Hanover, which to give you credit is how it is spelled on modern maps. Otherwise It works.

Patrician

thanks fixed typo.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello guys. I know this isn't the right place for asking this but i want to play with USA (Early-Custom Campaign). Is there anything to do?.

@Bran: This not really a solution, only a makeshift solution. And I'm also not sure, if these states are the only ones who overprotectorate the world.

Patrician

Uploaded Protectorate Bug fix to post #3 at top of thread. Krebskandidat this will have to do for now.

Skoran's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Better unit speed for Cav and Infantry-IMPROVED PLATOON FIRE VERSION. Note: double click on target for Cav attacks. Raised deceleration on cav for better penetration. Choppah-looking into game crashing-I have not had a crash for 75 turns. Go into your db file and go to campaign ai personality junction tables and lower the Value Analysis Time Horizon to 4 and see if that helps.
    Hi Bran,

I downloaded this version of your mod and I notice allot of improvement. The only thing that annoys me: the enemy always sends his cavalry straight forward right into my line. This is easy to deal with and offcourse very inaccurate.

Is their a way you can fix this?

Patrician

Skoran I have tried every combo in battle entities table for Cav attacks and these setting work in conjunction with infantry line cohesion and that is what I was trying to get-good line cohesion. These settings in Napoleon Total War have the cav swing out to the sides and try to flank . It does not work in Empire. As long as the infantry forms good lines for fire fights then this is the way it will have to be for now. The other thing is the Empire battle maps in the campaign are smaller than Napoleon so the Ai does not have any place to flank.

Patrician

UPDATE: Tweaked BAI for better line cohesion. Uploaded to post #1

@Bran: All right! I'll reinstall Empire to test your mod with the Protectorate fix, because I appreciate what you're doing for the mod and hope you go one with improving the AI and perhaps (one day) you'll find a final solution for the bug.

P.S: File 3 is the unmodified shot tech tree from Vanilla and DM... is this correct?
    Last edited by Krebskandidat; May 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM.

Patrician

Does anyone have any reports on their Campaigns? In all of this thread there is nothing on Campaign behavior. Faction expansion,diplomacy,regional development etc. Battle reports anyone?

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Hi sorry for the delay of the report,but i had real life obligations.So,i started a campaign VH/VH FRANCE 4TPY EARLY WITH CAUSA,DEATH,POLAND,NTW EFFECTS MODS ENABLED.
    My impressions are very good so far.Actually i thing its better than normal DME,looks more compact.Campaign is more balanced(maratha still here possesing half india,denmark,poland still here,not a single nation among the major has lost.Only portugal,marocco(by the spanish) and saxony have lost..Ai defends its regions although some times there are problems with port guarding.For example a port is being raided ai recapture it and repair it and in 1 or 2 turns they leave it,and so on.Would be better send i regiment of militia there for all the game-end of story
    I see it for 10 turns now hannover invading amsterdam with 2 units they get crashed and in the next turn they send 2 more units to the same building getting defeated,next turn 2 more,defeated etc....
    Diplomacy looks reasonable and ai accepts tech trading.I WANT TO TEST IT MORE THOUGH
    BATTLES in sea and especially in land are tougher,seems ai get better morale and dont break so easily.Cavalry is rushing a bit but thats now a major problem.I have not the problems i had with dme in defence battles.
    FBR WORKS with line infantry .I havent researched PLatton firing yet so i cant tell anything.Im pleased to here my idea works.
    i have some more ideas if you do.
    I dont know if you can make cannons move out of deployable defences move and fire freely,maybe this would resurrect the ai in battles it defend,because if you are out of firing area cannons with defences are cannons are useless they cant move or fire and they are not guarded.
    you were saying fire and advance messes up with line compactness.I have a suggestion for you to try.as we know lights infantry are available from drill school and can only skirmish fire.In the next level(military academy) fire and advance can be researched.Can you try enabling firing and advance for light units only.I say this because light infantry dont have to form strict lines,are less in numbers(120-150) and have better accuracy.Plus when light infantry doctrine is researched fire and advance could be deactivated.I dont know if you can do it,FOR LIGHT INFANTRY ONLY to see how it goes
    Last but not least
    I get no ottoman lag and dagestan has no protectorates.
    So far so good it reminds me of the old good DMUc battles (i speak about battle difficulty)
    If it anything else you want to know ask me and i will look it
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; May 21, 2013 at 07:00 AM.

Playing as UP H/H, 4tpy Causa and CJA's difficulty enhancer (beta) CAI Is looking good IMO. Before it seemed there was a few countires that dominated every time, Now it's a much more dynamic Campaign map and I cant really predict what's going to happen. The AI seems to be working togother well too. Austria and Prussia are making me nervous as UP, which I've never had to deal with before. As they never seemed to stand a chance against the Ottomans and Russians so close. Now their expanding into their land. France for some reason has created a full stack of militias on windward island, which I think is kind of strange. But their other dealings in America seem good. They've counquered the iroquis and seem to be fighting with britain at the moment.

I still get Ottoman turn lag, Though that might be because of my Hardver4.pack if I understand the cause of the problem correctly. Lots of naval landings i've noticed which i really enjoy. I've watch britian land two half stacks on france so far. The biggest bug I've found so far was britian got a fleet of ships stuck with an army onboard trying to land on the shore of spain and refused to move until spain happened to walk a regiment up where they wanted to land and disallowed them access, Then the ship sailed back to britian. I'm not sure how you guys really mod empires but if you could somehow get navys that are trying to land armys upon soil to change their disembarking position slightly after so many turns that would fix this. Though I have no idea if thats possible by just messing around with scripts already made. Trades seem to be fairly reasonable as well. I've enjoyed the BAI as well but haven't seen anything super impressive from them yet.

Overall the Campaign AI seems good, My biggest disappointment would probably be their lack of defensive strategys in the campaign map.

URGENT PROBLEM. CRASH AT THE END OF TURN 40. just after pirates turn and when its about to show me my country game crashes to desktop.I run it several times and at all it crashed at he end of turn.I will load turn 36 save to see if it happens.IM sceptical something that happens once may happen more than once

Hm, Why can't you edit previous posts? Anywhom. I just remembered France had a half stack army that sat on a full stack of ships in the english channel for like 3 years at 4tpy, Can you prioritize armies that are on ships or something so they don't just sit around and let themselves be vulnerable? I've seen the AI put a few armies on ships and then just never do much with them past that. They shouldn't be hopping on ships unless they have a destination. Wouldn't be a big problem if armies could fire from the ship in battle but it just makes them easy pickings for the most part.

I loaded turn's 38 save and the same crash at end o turn 40.CAMPAIGN DESTROYED I CANNOT PROCEED

Patrician

UPDATE: Better Naval Invasion Behavior, Better Protection of Ports, Better Regional Defense, Fixed typo that may have caused crash. Test and report. Thanks. Updates uploaded in first post

Do i have to start a new campaign?I downloaded file 3 of post #1 replaced played the turn again and crash again,at the end of turn 40.How can i understand whats the problem?i have the crash mini-dump
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; May 22, 2013 at 04:07 AM.

Patrician

Most likely a corrupt save file? Have played 70 turns with no crashes.