Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

unit movement modifiers file in the db files.

Laetus

Thanks again!

The one thing I dislike about your settings is that it removes many factions' availability in custom battles. I figured it is handled by the "factions" table. What do I lose when I delete it? If the loss is significant, how can I re-enable factions in custom battles? Thank you in advance, the rest of your settings is great

EDIT: --never mind, found a solution--
    Last edited by jan_boruta; May 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

Patrician

So what is the solution to this?

In factions_tables/factions you just need to change "MP_Available" from False to True (land and naval battles separately). The limit is 32 factions available at the same time though.

i noticed some seldom used units don't get the benefit of skirmish, like Hessian Line Infantry

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

When ai has few cavalry does it attack before infantry engages or is my idea?The should attck after infantry or at the same time.

PS:they flank well,they attck fast though,its not very good cavalry attck infantry lines without support.Have you seen anything similar?

Patrician

UPDATE: 24 Factions playable in custom battles.. SKIRMISH VERSION.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM.

Patrician

Sir Aggelos,When Ai has a few Cav they will send them in Yes- unless there is Artillery in their Army too. The Ai army seems to send in at least two units of Cav first and hold the rest back in reserve and sends them in later . So from what I have seen if the Ai army has a least 5 units of Cav they will use them in a better fashion. When they attack I cannot control that is Ai hard coded. Trying to get them to flank better took a lot of testing in the battle entities table. I play 40 unit games so there is more Cav so they do more on the battlefield.

The latest version with Mass volley doesn't work properly in my successive tries. It has the same issue as the previous version.

I play France in DarthMod, there are many line infantry units, like thenormal line infantry but also Royal Baviere, Royal Suedois, 111e regiment, regiment de la Reine etc.
    I have researched FBR in my campaign.
    Some of those line units use FBR, others do use mass volley, but then they switch again to FBR for a time. It's all random.
    Sometimes, only the first line open fire, then no FBR and no mass volley at all.

It is very weird. I have no idea why all of this is happening.

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I play exactly the same campaign with france in a while FBR will be researched i will concur

Laetus

This may be a wrong place to ask, but I'll do it anyway: How complicated it is to make melees more decisive (ie. shorter)? Darthmod has made them prolonged brawls, which I personally don't like (I doubt it is very realistic either). Thanks for any info!

Is there any progress with the Dagestan-protectorates-bug, Bran? Your mod sounds promising, but I don't want to install Empire again until this bug is history!!!

Patrician

Kreb here is the fix for the Dagestan and Hanover bug. Dagestan will start owned by Russia and Hanover will start owned by Britain as historically they were ruled by the crown from 1714–1837.
    At the bottom of the scripts in the DME campaign folders custom.early,late- that are located in Empire Total War/data/campaigns/DME
    and Empire Total War/data/DME/campaigns/DME
    find this line: local function OnWorldCreated()
    paste this under it;
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("russia", "chechenya_dagestan", 0, 0, context)
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("britain", "hannover", 0, 0, context)
    scripting.game_interface:technology_osmosis_for_playables_enable_culture("european")
    scripting.game_interface:technology_osmosis_for_playables_enable_all()
    end
    Do this for custom ,early and late folder scripts. Save.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; May 16, 2013 at 04:21 PM.

Patrician

Jyrik to do that go into the db files and in unit stats land lower the melee defense values and raise the melee strength values-simple fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Kreb here is the fix for the Dagestan and Hanover bug. Dagestan will start owned by Russia and Hanover will start owned by Britain as historically they were ruled by the crown from 1714–1837.
    Unpack this file into steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/DME.
    Have some fun.
    This doesn't do anything for me. You sure it doesn't go into Data/DME/Campaigns? Or am i just confused? Also i Would suggest organizing all your versions on the original post, Because the way you have this post set up is bloody confusing. I've spent like 20-30 minutes just reading trying to figure out what the hell everything does, which version I actually want (Which you have to read through everyones comments just to see what changes were made/why)

And I may as well ask while I'm here. This mod,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?597416-Bran-s-Empire-Campaign-AI&p=12838455&highlight=#post12838455

What does it actually do? You don't say much other than it's more aggressive, More aggresive how? More random? I'm just unsure. And is it already included in the mod posted in this thread? As they seem to have different install procedures.

All in all I guess what I'm really saying is for somebody to walk into this not having been around for the creation/posting of these mods I have absolutley no idea what does what and if i want any of it. Describe stuff more, and organize it better. A bit of a headache as it stands at the moment. Meant to be constructive criticism, Not trying to be rude.

Laetus

Jyrik to do that go into the db files and in unit stats land lower the melee defense values and raise the melee strength values-simple fix.
    Thanks, I was thinking about that, taking some melee stats from Imperial Splendour -mod.

Civis

Unpack this file into steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/DME.
    Have some fun.

Bran, thank you! That may be very helpful!

I just read through the first 3 pages of this thread and have to say this is the most confusing thread I ever seen on he internet. The first post was lasted edited April 20th with a file, but there are tons of files all through out this thread. I don't even know what to download and wondering am I suppose to download them all.

Patrician

Ok I am always testing new settings and posting them for testing but for those who want to the latest version they are posted now at the beginning of the threat. Use the version you want for firing drills. 1. is for Skirmish-Volley fire. 2. Is for Fire by Rank and 3. Is Advanced Platoon fire for Elite Units and Fire by Rank for the rest.