Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born do you own Napoleon:Total War? If you do, I highly suggest you play LME. I believe that their musket accuracy is spot on.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: "FIRE BY RANK VERSION" for those who requested it.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 19, 2013 at 02:25 PM.

Patrician

Yes. LME has high accuracy and low half chance hit in KV rules. LME use hedge knights formations that cause strange behaviors. LME does not have good line coherency. My BAI for Napoleon has excellent line coherency as players will tell you and best cav flanking. It is deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: "FIRE BY RANK VERSION" for those who requested it.
    This one will likely have less responsive fire times for troops correct?.

Also I play mostly Causa Belli mod, do all of these settings affect the minor faction units in that darth submod as well. What I mean is that are you affecting the morale values, accuracy and fatigue ect. with a "Blanket settings" approach or on a per unit basis.

Thanks.

EDIT: nevermind, I dug around with the DBeditor and made some changes, I see that its a bit of both.
    Last edited by Tyockell18; May 05, 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Patrician

Yes, less responsive times. You can make changes to reload skills in unit state land db file to change reload times. I have not modded the morale settings in unit stat land. I modded the KV morale rules. Yes they affect all the minor factions. All have starting values until units get experience then it will of course vary per unit.

Patrician

UPDATE: Tweaked morale for all units 15% more so they will stay in the fight longer. Fire by Rank version will upload tommorrow.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 19, 2013 at 02:25 PM.

I'll give that latest one a try. Just a question unrelated. I was messing around with kv rules, artillery calibration, artillery half chance hit, projectile long and extreme range damage modifiers ect.

Does tweaking these values possibly have a negative effect on the way BAI acts?. I'm trying to get the Artillery to be accurate and deadly up close with canister ect. instead of shooting into the ground and doing weird things but I don't want it to be laser accurate and deadly at long ranges.

I also want the small arms to be less deadly at long ranges damage wise to simulate velocity drops ect.

I just don't know if this will hurt the AI though. I'm hoping not.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

hi bran, can i get you to update your non darth version?
    So us non darth players also can enjoy your nice work :-)
    I really enjoy this mod, keep up the good work :-)

Sixt

Patrician

Tyockell 18. Projectile long range and extreme range multiplier does have a major effect on the BAI. It affects infantry line cohesion and if the infantry will charge in melee. It is one of the file that affects the dreaded "melee bug". I got to those settings after weeks of testings to get the units to keep formations and not chicken dance or blob up. If you want to get canister deadly up close make minimum range 25 and-adjust the 'spread' of the projectiles in projectile tables db-but not too much and add more bullets to canister, 10 to 15 more per shot. Also raise the velocity of the shot too. Small arms less deadly then in kv rules lower the half chance hit to 75 -50-they will not hit much of anything at long range

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Tyockell 18. Projectile long range and extreme range multiplier does have a major effect on the BAI. It affects infantry line cohesion and if the infantry will charge in melee. It is one of the file that affects the dreaded "melee bug". I got to those settings after weeks of testings to get the units to keep formations and not chicken dance or blob up. If you want to get canister deadly up close make minimum range 25 and-adjust the 'spread' of the projectiles in projectile tables db-but not too much and add more bullets to canister, 10 to 15 more per shot. Also raise the velocity of the shot too. Small arms less deadly then in kv rules lower the half chance hit to 75 -50-they will not hit much of anything at long range
    I presume that Missle half chance hit would be for small arms correct?. Also where do I find the minimum distance modifier for canister shot and the spread modifier.

A lot of the colums are only listed as unknown3, unknown4 ect. I only see velocity, shot count, range ect, everything else is not named properly.
    Last edited by Tyockell18; May 05, 2013 at 12:25 PM.

Patrician

Ok PROJECTILES TABLES here is the order they are in at the top of the column.
    effective range,minimum range,maximum elevation, muzzle velocity, marksmanship,SPREAD. You can set minimum range to 0. spread to 4 or 5 for six to nine pounders and 6 to 7 for 12 pounders 8 for 18 and 24 pounders.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; May 05, 2013 at 04:32 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: tweaked artillery and economics.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 19, 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Ok thank you for the latest update and the insight into the parameters. I will stop bugging you now , thanks again.

@ Bran Mc Born
    Appreciate your work very much, i am using a version dating last week if i remember, together with DarthMod

From a campaign perspective, i have noticed a lot more attacks and naval invasion on several theaters (US, Guyana, India, France), that's very enjoyable. Playing as France, i have to defend Alsace against the United Provinces, Westphalia and Bavaria. The armies are diverse, they attack together and with good numbers. Only Bavaria tends to spam sakers, which is annoying because the AI doesn't know how to deploy or reinforce properly with so many cannons. Otherwise, that's a real success in my eyes.

From a battle perspective, i will try your new version with lower accuracy, it is true some long range shooting are too effective, so i am looking forward to experiencing the changes. I am happy you keep a FBR version of your mod because i really care about that shooting mechanism. Playing with the length / ranks of your units is a key battle element to me, i would not enjoy having a column mass fire line of battle. I enjoy having to choose between extending the line and maximising the number of shots, but being highly vulnerable to melee with fewer ranks (or having more ranks to repel a charge and keep the unit cohesion).

Please keep on releasing a FBR version, and thanks a lot for your great job!!

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

I also second the release of FBR version, though frankly I haven't seen it removed yet (or maybe it doesn't work in a campaign begun beforehand? I put your tweaks in BEFORE I researched FBR, but still got it afterwards.) I really liked the responsiveness of units in Napoleon, but FBR in Empire doesn't bug me so much. Also, I am using a couple of unit packs (AUM, Ottoman Realism and szwajcar's Polish units) and I'm not sure if they would be compatible.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm waiting for new updates eagerly

I tried the latest version (non FBR apparently), and it seems there is a mix of FBR and mass fire. Difficult to say why some kneel and fire and why others mass fire...

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Patrician

UPDATE: New Morale settings FIRE BY RANK VERSION.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 19, 2013 at 02:42 PM.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Do i have to start a new one to test it?
    Can you make a new version and reenable Platton firing or fire and advance FOR ELITE UNITS ONLY TO see HOW IT GOES?There was a topic in this topik that in some vanilla custum battles platton firing was working well for elite units only.Would be nice.Can you try it?These 2 forgotten firing drills could work with your settings for elite units
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; May 06, 2013 at 03:31 PM.

Patrician

Platoon fire yes. Fire and Advance no. F&A messes with line coherency and make melee blobs.

Patrician

UPDATE: As requested here is Improved Platoon Firing Grouped for Elite units only. FIRE BY RANK VERSION.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM.