Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940415681 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

I am always here for this mod and i continue with the feedback of a new campaign
    I started as Ottoman Empire VH/VH WITH FILE 1 caussa belli 2.2 aum 3.3 and some other mods 4tpy 40 unit campaign
    The reasons i play with file 1 is firstly because i wanted to test it and secondly aum messed up with dme launcher resulting is a complet mess with unit abilities and launcher settings(melee units can form squares,grenades are nowhere to be found,you cannot select x2 artillery unit size etc).So till this is fixed i will continue with this.
    The first part of the feedback will be about campaign AI
    ottomans have many enemies sot guarding their boarders is the best idea.Starting a campaign like this will never be boring.In the very first turns i was enemy with GB,AUSTRIA AND PERSIA.
    THE GB INVADED with john's churchill's armies and terrorized all balcans.In the beggining they destroyed crimean chanate and then attacked us the captured iasi,sofia belgrade and bosnia! i was hunting them all through balcans i couldnt catch churchill nowhere by the time i reached a lost city he had captured the one next to it.we surrounded him in belgrade and defeated him.Really amusing play from AI.
    after this we fought with the austrians and captured them some regions.I have some complaints for them.AUSTRIA BUILTS 2-3 stacks in the beginning of the game and sends them to italy near venice.This is bad they underguard their home region,hungary,croatia and transylvania and i managed to capture croatia and transilvania.I lost croatia because the sends these stacks after a while but i was seeing vienna with no army around for many turns.Its ok helping their allies but guarding their regions first is the point.You cant have 4 army stacks sitting while some of your regions and your capital are in danger.After some turns of war we have a peace treaty and they have a full stack in vienna now.Hope they keep it there.I also fought with the persia empire not that much they invaded-raided mesopotamia some times i was able to repel them all the times.
    Prussia invaded algiers and venice destroyed barbary states by capturing libya and tripoli.WE had some quarrel with venice in sea mostly they blocaded with 1 or 2 ships some of my ports didnt suceeded much.WE also had a good trade with them i traded morea for armenia so that georgia and dagestan leave me alone.
    About other nations.No so many nations defeated so far the most important is Portugal(defeated by the spanish) and unfortunately AGAIN FRANCE(by the dutch).I will analyse the way france plays last of all.
    The fight between PolAND and prussia is a stalemate and both nations have wins and losses nothing special so far
    At india maratha has been limited to the central regions and is about to lose.they fought well in the beggining managed to blocade mughals main port but mughals fightng in the land managed to turn it around.British attacked carnatica and captured it from maratha and they also control bengal.France ows orissa and mysore still there,dutch to ceylone and me to goa.
    India seemed balanced although i wanted this to be played on a 2vs1 tempo.In this instanse mysore and maratha shouuld have formed an alliance vs the stronger mughals.IN AN other example maratha is stronger?mysore and mughals should go against them something like that.GB seems to attack in india most time the maratha while france stays passive there.
    The main problem with India is that ports are too close one another and this can result in blocades that cannot break easily.WHoever succedes in havING more ships simply blocades and then steamrollS the other. perhaps giving shipyards that are not raided by ai should solve this and increase the role fleets play.Furthermore maratha should be more carefull in region managing as it has less starting regions.they should be more cautious.Some problems with ai not constantly guarding main traiding ports were also seen.I do the following i recruit the units with the less upkeep and send them to trading port untill they die there.No moving for them.Just make sure every regions keeps a single unit in a port from the first turn.
    The next big fight is between FRANCE AND DUTCH.France is still a big dissapointing.It has many enemies in europe 2 regions in it only and many colonies to manage espesially in america,in adittion they have problems holding their main trading ports and last but not least the terribly guard the region of france PARIS.in my campaign they collapsed in less than 60 turns!The first problem is they dont constantly guard the main trading port in the english channel.fRance's boarders hides enemies from the north, east and south and west with many blocades from the sea.I dont know what they do all this income but to guard all this it will need at least 4-5 army stacks scaterred in all the directions not just throw 4 stacks in the north and leave the east unguarded these are terrible mistakes that ai does.So to sum up i dont care what france does to it colonies but they had better watch their main capital region better,they screwed up again.I watched them they kept sending 2-3 units every turn in strasbough while they had a whole dutch stack inside france athat kept blocading and burning.They didnt even had a unit in paris not even one it was insane!France needs to be powered up beacuse in my opinion its the nation that is the hardest for the ai to play as it has enemies from everywhere.Once again i dont care if they lose all their colonies,dont they dare lose paris again.
    About other nations spain is strong espesially in its home regions and by bloacading portugal they managed to beat them.I didnt expect portugal to lose so easily but it was ok
    I saw morocco invading givraltar for the first time in this game.Barbary states build better armies still they blocade some ports in mediteraen nothing spesial they lose very easily.Crimea lost from GB as told before before they didn have any armies in their port.If they had i would have time to help them.AS you see when a port is not guarded a sea invader can siege it and capture it very easily.Instead invader needs one extra turn to disebark and then attack.Other italian nations are peacefull nothing much from them
    SWEDEN VS denmark still a stalemate
    I didnt have a clear view on america but it seemed balanced at least at the 50 first turns.
    About technology i have seen a major issue
    not even one major or minor nation has it researched plug bayonet or has it build a better military building than barracks.Its irritating no nations cares about its main military building.They built artillery buildings or eco ones but mostly all nation still have rank 1 barracks.Only the ones i traded with techs built it.This may sound ok but it hides a possible danger espesially for major nations:by not improving main military building it means you have low quality of infantry or cavalry and this may result in faulty region guarding or limited ability to steamroll smaller nations.Imagine france with barracks and imagine it with military academy if i hadnt give them some techs they would still have baracks.How would they manage to beat their enemies?With simple line infantry.If they dont have good quality troops as soon as possble how would they master the map and beat their opponents?
    Im sure they will improve them at a time but this should happen from the very beggining not after 100 turns.The problem is they dont have good priority for military techs instead they keep reseaching factory and farm techs.This should be fixed too.
    Last but not least about diplomacy.Ai looks reasonable some times and unreasonable some others.I prefer the 1 on1 offer on techs other than the 2-3 for one they offer.The money to tech offer should increase if the tech is more sophisticated.The latest the tech the more money they will give or take!
    Some aliances trading or peace treaties should also be asked or accepted when giving some realistic amount of money.I dont know if you can make the ai pay for something repeatadly in turn as a human can work.
    About military access feature i noticed that they dont accept other than 20 turns although they used to accept both 5 or 10 turns.Now they like neither and they accept only 20 turns.They also give less money for military access.
    Protectorate feature never worked it seems too hard to make one.In my campaign i saw prussia becoming protectorate of italian states!Lol
    Generally when you have relations(trading techs,giving military access etc) with a nation thei should result in a + in the relationship number
    AS you know in etw you cant make a nation join your side in a war.Whatever the relations you have when you declare war against a nation some military allies dont follow you whatever you have done.This may change with what i have told you(the more treaties the more + in relations the more refusals or back stabs the more - and greater chance the betray you or not following you in a war).I have also though of an other way to make the ai follow you.In the game it is said present state gift(bribing them with 2500/5000/10000 income) this one only increasing the (indiffernet/friendly/very friendly) status without making them to really like you.I think its time to make them follow you if you giving them gifts.
    Last but not least i want to see more ally attacked or ally declares war on ally screens and espesially war declared betwwen 2 ai nations.These ones happen only in the begiining of the game and are nowhere to be found on the middle and in the end.After a while ai used to play passive and not attacking ai to create action
    I will continue tomorrow with something really interesting i have found about battles,bugs as soon as other things i have forget to mention
    goodnight hope i helped

Downloaded file 2, comes up as attachment.php unless im having a mind blank wtf is that

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Thanks for that excellent report. Will look into those things you mentioned and post an update tonight to improve things.

Good.i will post some more things about battles.
    Havent played again with file 1 but i saw things looked better than in post 7.ai attacks more solid although in a battle i was attacking i saw their artillery to the front and it was not used(look the photo)
    Nothing special to report here.About naval battles they have been improved much although still many ships explode and sink.I would prefer more boarding.i like the morale boost for human makes the battles more fair.also i have seen when you press the board button and you are near enough but not that enough for the hooks to be thrown your ships vibrates and rotates unrealistically.Would prefer the board button not to work when you are not close enough.Because now you have an easy way to turn just go close to them press this and ta ta you turn as if you have jet engine.Board button can block them so they do not move the close up phase should happen with the hooks the ships dont have to steer to close in.
    About sieges im actually trying a mod that makes stone forts as wooden ones so that they have less detail and less lag.A stone fort has many useless detail that worsen lag.If anyone can create forts with only the walls and the stairs would be better.About sieges now.When ai defends and has cavalry inside they try to open the gates and fight resulting in easy wins.Also ai does not man the walls good enough when you march direclty to them check the pic i advance and they stay to the stair area or in a place of the walls i dont send troops.They should be more active and follow you whenever you go.If they dont have the numbers to match you guarding the main gatehouse is ok.When ai attacks the circle the walls and try to climb thats good the lag is increased though,i noticed that sometimes they stay on the base of the walls and sit there.I would prefer when ai has the numbers to try capture the 4 gates espesially when it has the numbers.I was playing a siege where i had the back gate unguarded they were trying to climb from 2-3 places and they had some troops on the base of the wall near the back gate sitting there.Go then climb on and open it so that the cav storms inside!
    Some attention should be also given in FBR FAA AND PLATTON FIRING WHEN YOU use the file 1 they seem too underpowered and useless to research
    One more thing check the picture it has some advice that when you send a rake to a besieged city he can open the gates(it says blowing the gates).I want this feature back.Also in this pic you can see the way crimea lost they have their port unguarded
    Also in the tech trading picture you can see above the square formation it has a gap with a transparent technology not shown that doesnt appear anything(it says enabling fire volley drill and appears nothing)
    Last picture is 1 turn before FrANC'ES LOST
    and i have one with a battle against england that never loaded i had to autoresolved
    Hope also swiss fixes the mess with dme launcher because now im not sure whether platton firing or fbr is used properly.Unit abilities tables are messed up!
    the test will continues as soon as you release the file make it for all 3 versions and i will load the save 5 turns back to see what france does

Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; February 03, 2014 at 01:45 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Better military research, faster upgrades on military buildings for AI, Better defence of regions for AI, the Ai will protect ports more. Small money boost for main AI factions per turn. Post 1 and 7. Please test and report

batty1234's Avatar Civis

Can't wait to try it! I am glad you have continued to support this mod, and keep it continuously updated!

I cannot load sieges with your last file neither with dme and file 1 nor with this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1-5-Compatible) i tested.I removed everything from folder and script file and i cant load it.I tried to load 2 different sieges(with 2 different nations )it still didnt work.Anyway
    I played 2 battles where i was attacking.The first of it was among the best i have played with the ai to defend.The other was good too.I have some things but i dont know if you can fix them.
    I have some pictures for clarification.First of all i see some ai's cavalry are lured to attack-or attack by their own will and getting wasted.Cavalry is needed in the final-melee phase of the battle where infantry needs support.And the other is about the fact that ai doesnt use his cannons from the first second of the battle you have to come close to the so that they start firing.Just these 2 things.
    I was testing the fort mod i posted some lines above that is turning stine forts into smaller simpler wooden forts and stockades.This siege loaded properly the fort was on the top of the hill and it had only 1 gate.The walls were full of infantry firing.WE had to march into a pit and then climb the top of the hill.Really hard time for the attackers.And then they opened the gates and fought us in melee.I dont know if this behaviour happened to due the mod but if they had stayed inside it would be hard for us.TOday that i tried to remove this mod to retest stone wall siege and it wasnt working
    picture shows the idle cannons

pure epicness check how they defend.If only the hadnt lost any cav at all

suicidal cavalry

fortified artillery fire not and ai defends it from behind

I have tried from time to time to revive some big nations that die(france,prussia).The attitude they have is the following they make a revolution lose and thats it.
    In my opinion capital regions of major nations should never stop give troubles.After 4 turns what,do they forget they are french?They are possesed and as we know possesed nations in history resist their conquerors by Sabotazing buildings,destroying some other,making rebellions with large armies etc.
    A conqueror must do many things to convert and pacify them.Low taxes huge army repression pulling down buildings that clamour for reform,send missionaries and kill/duel gentlemen that remain there(if the nation has still an other region).Just make tough for them to pacify them(only in capital regions)
    Also as you know when a capital falls and the nation doesnt have an other region in this continent the nations armies/fleets and other regions in other continents are destroyed.Can we make them transfer their capital to another continent so that they are not destroyed?
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; February 05, 2014 at 06:12 AM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Changed spotting rules for Artillery and Generals. Artillery will open fire at start of battles. Works Post 1 and 7

WHY sieges dont load?

Patrician

Maybe corrupt save files? How many men in the siege? If there is too many the game engine, will not load up. That happened to me with a a 40 unit 3 vs 2 army attack. Are you saying any siege battle not a save game? I did not change anything with sieges. Try lowering the visual building detail to the lowest setting. Lower all the visual settings to medium and see if that helps. Remember to delete old mod file from the Data folder and the DME/ packs folder and replace with the newest version-don't overwrite as is can cause problems.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 05, 2014 at 04:28 PM.

Does anyone know if this mod causes crashes with Causa Belli 2.2 mod?

EDIT: Alright I have been able to confirm that this mod is not compatible with Causa Belli 2.2, it will cause CTD and corrupt save files.

That really is a shame since it esentially just unlocks and builds upon a bunch of other nations. Any ideas how I could go about making this mod compatible Bran mac.

im willing to do the leg work myself if you can point me in a direction.
    Last edited by Tyockell18; February 05, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

Patrician

What file version are/were you using? Volley, Rank, Platoon. File one , two, or three? I think it would be file one-volley fire? That may have somethings that are not compatible. Does Causa Belli have repeat units that are new versions of units in Darth Mod Empire-that could cause it. In any case other people are using Causa with this and it runs OK. I have read through the Causa Belli thread and that mod is problamatic with random crashes. I have do not run any other mods as it can mess stuff up. I made this for Darth Mod Empire. Maybe you should try using Causa Belli with my Bran Campaign AI/BAI mod for Vanilla Empire. It has all the main AI files without any unit stat modifications so it should not mess with the Causa Belli stuff.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 05, 2014 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    What file version are/were you using? Volley, Rank, Platoon. File one , two, or three? I think it would be file one-volley fire? That may have somethings that are not compatible. Does Causa Belli have repeat units that are new versions of units in Darth Mod Empire-that could cause it. In any case other people are using Causa with this and it runs OK. I have read through the Causa Belli thread and that mod is problamatic with random crashes. I have do not run any other mods as it can mess stuff up. I made this for Darth Mod Empire. Maybe you should try using Causa Belli with my Bran Campaign AI/BAI mod for Vanilla Empire. It has all the main AI files without any unit stat modifications so it should not mess with the Causa Belli stuff.

Yeah I'm using the first file, volley fire because I like the combat responsiveness. The "response time" of the darth and vanilla units drives me insane.

As for making copies of darth units, I believe it does so yes.

It was a 3 vs 3 unit siege really small one.The other sieges were small too.the last file and the one before it wont load any sieges ,battles load without a problem.Must be a corrupted save file

Patrician

Must have been a corrupt file I think so. The new spotting rules for artillery and Generals are working fantastic. BAI response is way better to countering your moves and the artillery blasts away.

110 turns in the ottoman campaign i keep testing the first file(the last one)
    Noticed some things i want to share
    Naval battles
    some random problems for ai with his formation check the pics 1,2,3,4,5.I saw problems moving,random stops.When the fleet stops it becomes a sitting duck.It is best for defence because you cant break them but i prefer them to move and circle as a snake does.Also i saw some captured ships from ai in a new naval battle to start far ahead from the others(picture5).Also bomb ketches have 600 range in campaign menu and only 350 inside the battle.
    IN conclusion naval battles are very good except for some random-happening issues i mentioned above
    Sieges
    they keep doing one major mistake when you attack the fort.They leave the walls and exit the fort,and when they do it they dont exit with all their forces only with some of them mostly the ranged units pics7,8.A counterattack when the forces are equal is not a bad idea when you outnumber them they had better stayed inside and defend the flag and the walls.Maybe they try to climb down the stairs and gates open accidentally i dont know maybe it is a change-position bug.
    Battles
    Last spotting rules seem to work.Nevertheless i spotted some horse artillery units ton to obey this.Maybe its random.When ai attacks you they keep a large front focusing more in flanks.Not suicide attacks from cavalry as it used to be in the past.Main attack force is strong and pound your flanks if your flanks break you are dead.I also saw cavalry flanking and staying to your rear or even back and staying there.This is very good but i would like them to attack you from behing or take out your cannons.Staying on your back is not helping.No delay attack them from behind.This feeling of delay is obvious some times.Infantry attacks and advances well.they keep reserves back in the cannon area as well as some infantry some distance behind the main force.The centre of ai's formation seems to be the weakest breaks more easily as their reserves are back and dont run to fill in the gap(picture 6.Perhaps keeping mobs and light infantry there is the best solution.
    Campaign Ai
    Ai has improved its military buildings and they build big armies.i saw some problems in Persia as you can see in the picture.i gave the region to mysore that is also enemy with them because i couldnt hold this area.They invaded with 3 full stack armies and stayed their.Mysore built some troops and i have an army there.The persians stayed there and didnt move.They also sent an army to support GEORGIA.The problem here is that i have invaded in Persia's capital and raided everything.I have a quite good army there i could siege their capital.None of their 3 sitting armies moves or attacks(pic 9.Hope they do it
    I also noticed that swedish dont train units when you give them a region and they accept.They create nothing.Maybe this's random and they will wake up in some turns.
    Diplomacy
    I traded regions for money and regions for regions sometimes although i do fair propositions they do not accept maybe they dont have money?The only way to amake a protectorate is by sieging a capital and when they have very few units and its their last region they accept.You can also do this with rebels in regions they have nations.Make them revolt-capture the region besiege and beat them but not destroy them.region is yours as soon as it is their last region.Nothing else seem to work with protectorates.Its too strict.Maybe they ai when its about to lose by an other nation should accept more to become your protctorates.
    In my campaign dagestan and italian states have many protectorates sometimes including major nations.Some isolated nation left with 1 region (PRUSSIA,GENOA,VENICE) dont seem willing to expand for the time.Only Georgia captured a region in america.I wish prussia attaked the polish or venice ottomans me.Morocco and denmark are still here.bAVARIA AND wurthebugh are my allies are fighting the dutch.Dutch lost-traded france with spanish.In america native indians iroquios,cherokee and the other are passive and dont attack the british.They only are enemy with pirates!.I dont know if we can make the ai use military access a little bit more efficient.Ai should attack/invade more using land access.

Last picture shows ai's nations strength
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; February 14, 2014 at 09:12 AM.

Hey Bran when I try and dl the files I get: attachment.php file?????? /confused

Aditional info.
    AS i was suspected i besieged Persia's capital the 4 standing armies and one in the capital region didnt come to move.pic4
    Sweden finally built troops in goa but i still see no attitude from ai to attack an enemy ai that is weaker.Examples persia can attack mysore in armenia and mughals that possess all india the swedish in goa.IF they do this they are very delayed attacks giving time to prepare.pic2
    Also when you sabotage an army and is successful this army cant move.Can we make it so that they cannot come as reenforcements.Even you have a successfull sabotage on them they still come as reenforcements if you attack an army next to them.
    When you attack a protectorate of an nation the protector doesnt join the war with them.So whats the point in this?Some stupid protectorate nations and other when you make a military alliance of trade treaty they break it next turn for no reason!
    Lastly i attacked a city(no fort siege) their cavalry suicided attacked and horse artillery never deployed.The spotting rules apply to siege-battles too.Why do we have this?maybe on a siege-battle without walls the spotting rules dont apply pic3
    they deploy stakes behind cannon fortifications can you interfere in this so that they deploy infront of cannons fortifications?pic1(you can see this i was coming behind them)Also now ai attacks reenforcments coming to human
    last but not least i have some random crashes on some battles-sieges and it is not caused by number of units+old computer.Yesterday i couldnt load a 3kvs3k battle and in other instances i was loading a 10kvs10k one.Probably some game map is the problem

Patrician

UPDATE! UPDATE! New morale rules,new agent abilities,reworked campaign behaviors for better defensive attitudes of factions,new diplomacy settings for protectorates,new trigger effects for siege battles. Thanks for the report Sir Aggelos Try it out and see and improvement. Lets's get some reports from more players about there experiences with these settings. Thanks. Posts 1 and 7 all files updated.

Old Gendarme's Avatar Foederatus

Help! How do I keep my cavalry from being murdered when they stop in front of unit I am charging? Is there something I am missing in the way I charge or something?
    "I very nearly had to wait!"
    -Louis XIV, Le Roi Soleil