Page 27 of 122 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

IMPORTANT UPDATE INFO: Replaced trigger event file with new one as it was causing strange BAI behavior. New file works good.
    After play testing I noticed behavior going back to vanilla Darth settings? That is because the DME_darthmod file is also in the DME/Packs folder too! You must delete that and put the mod file into empire total war/data/DME/Packs. That way is will not revert to vanilla Darth settings! I see very similar BAI to my Napoleon mod. REMEMBER IT IS BEST TO DELETE THE PREVIOUS MOD FILE AND PASTE IN THE NEW FILE Because overwriting the old file can cause some problems. This will be the last file update for some time cause I am going to be play testing Darth's new game. Feedback is still welcome and important. Thank You.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

No you didnt understand what i was saying.I wasnt saying the cavalry to be in the front(ofcourse it must be on the flanks) i was saying you to exchange the cavalry position with the artillery's so that they start from the front while the artillery should start from the back and fire at once.In the battles i played tonight (2) in both of them ai was attacked i noticed too much moving from the bai's artillery.I believe they miss valuable artillery shots with this moving and changing position.As you can see in the pictures the batteries that managed to go back and deployed after the epic attack of the bai's main force kept changing position precious covering from their cannons missed them,although they won!
    Some more things:Cavalry makes good manoeuvres from the flanks but some time they stuck away from the battle.its better for them to attack from the back anytime they can.Staying on our flank on rear for some time doesnt help them
    .In my old US campaign i have serious trouble ending it.I have 22/30 regions need any 8 more.I am completely kicked outside India and i dont have a region in europe.BAI has started kicking some serious butt.I cant remember when was the last battle i won.Good job!
    About cai they built so many armies.Even if i have blocaded maratha at india at all his ports they have numerous stacks.I have noticed something about Cai but i cant be sure as this campaign had been started long ago some improvements occur.cai builds many armies in my campaign austria and maratha have many of them but their is a problem with this.They seem to be waway from the seas even though they have(had) available ports.Austria posseses most of continental europe has beat France,prussia,halp russia,dutch,poland and i venture outside their coastlines without a problem.Not even a ship built to stop us.Maratha the same tey had the chance when we were in peace to build a navy and protect their coasts.Now they have all ports bloaceded not even a ship in it.They also have a naval hospitals but still not ships.I dont know if they are trading,but if they do this is wrong.The seem bottlenecked from the numerous armies and not willing to build a fleet.GB AND SPAIN have fleets but dont seem willing to challenge me they prefer trading(im in peace with the Gb now,i speak of when we were in war).Especially the Spanish that have both fleets and armies sitting.Big nations and espesially India nation should be much more stronger in seas
    I still wait the release of caussa and aum to have a better view as far as i expect the major nations to be tougher to beat in my new campaign(especially the nations that have new unit rosters)
    Also dont forget the problem with the cherokee not being able to train units outsid america(mentioned above).Last but not least i besieged with little force amsterdam from the austrians they had few troops but still could hold.I marched to the walls and when i reached them they opened the gates got down launched a counter attack and killed us.Well done although i hope they dont do this when i have the numbers its suicide better staying up there and shoot.In this instance it worked and gave them the victory.
    Also sometimes it doesnt let me load a 40 stack army on ships and leaves me to load only 20 units why?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-10-25-21-59-42-582.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	596.2 KB 
ID:	296262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-10-25-22-3-7-147.jpg 
Size:	598.5 KB 
ID:	296263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-10-25-22-3-18-24.jpg 
Size:	563.9 KB 
ID:	296264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-10-25-22-37-10-527.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	475.6 KB 
ID:	296265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-10-26-11-19-59-731.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	601.5 KB 
ID:	296271lOOk at the siege pic as we come close to the wall they get down the stairs leaving the wall unguarded.(sieges with unit size large+40 unit campaign are unplayable for me too much lag)
    Also i have noticed that when ai breaks you lines and there is nothing to stop them from attavking your artillery lines they dont attack,allowing your artillery to pound them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Empire 2013-10-21-0-35-47-881.jpg   Empire 2013-10-26-20-44-53-977.jpg  
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; October 26, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Nfilkner you can research them and they take effect if you want although I do not recommend it.
    I'm increasingly confused, and I'd appreciate it if you explained things better.

A) When I'm using the Volley Fire version:

1) What happens to my line infantry when I research Fire-by-Rank?
    2) What happens to my grenadiers when I research Fire-by-Rank?
    3) What happens to my elite infantry when I research Fire-by-Rank?

4) What happens to my line infantry when I research Fire-and-Advance?
    5) What happens to my grenadiers when I research Fire-and-Advance?
    6) What happens to my elite infantry when I research Fire-and-Advance?

7) What happens to my line infantry when I research Platoon Fire?
    8) What happens to my grenadiers when I research Platoon Fire?
    9) What happens to my elite infantry when I research Platoon Fire?

B) When I'm using the Fire-by-Rank version:

C) When I'm using the Platoon Fire version:

-----

The reason I'm asking all this: I've finally signed up on the forums, so that I could download & try out your submod, which supposedfully improves the last Darthmod version. I've noticed the problems with BAI and CAI. I've noticed the problems with Fire-by-Rank firing drill. I've followed your recommendation and installed "Volley Fire" version, despite there being two other, poorly explained alternatives.

Now I hear that if I research the technology further in military research on a Volley Fire version I'll be back to the problematic Fire-by-Rank again? But even if I, as a player, decide NOT to research Fire-by-Rank, wouldn't the AI research it anyway, and have it's troops turn into a mess later in the game? On top of it, while Fire-by-Rank and Fire-and-Advance firing drills can be skipped in military research, not researching Platoon Fire blocks access to two other research inventions, which give prestige and unlock units.

Before I say more, I'd like to understand how your submod precisely works. I'd also appreciate a more readable, better-explained first post, and all attachments glued to first post.

For instance, I still don't understand why I should or shouldn't install the DMN_Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.rar file, how do I install it and how do I make sure that it works correctly - I don't even know what it does and if there are any bugs or problems. Screenshots and better explanation pending.

Same story with Dagestan/Hannover "Protectorate fix", it's so poorly explained I don't know if I even need it, if it even works, if it has any problems or bugs, and whether it's already included in latest Volley Fire/Fire-by-Rank/Platoon Fire files or I have to install it separately. Screenshots and better explanation pending.
    Last edited by lavez; December 15, 2015 at 12:16 PM. Reason: last para edited per user request

Hi Bran,

I tried using the volley fire version, but in my campaign, it makes the infantry lines + militia units use it, while the elite units and special infantry lines (all the French regiment de la Reine, 11eme, Royal Baviere etc) still use FBR.
    So in the end, special units and elites got easily beaten by regular infantry lines and militia due to inferior firepower per volley (not all men firing compared to militia and infantry lines)

what can be done to make it work properly for all units ?

thanks,

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Patrician

lavez- volley fire they all use volley fire-all other firing drills disabled. AI will use volley fire because the other firing drills are disabled. Fire by rank version can research any firing drill. Advanced platoon fire version-elite will use platoon fire, skirmishers use volley fire and line use fire by rank. The other files just put it into your Empire Data folder. Le fred make sure that you also put the file into data/DME/Packs. All of them are set to skirmish yes so I would not know why they are using another firing drill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    lavez- volley fire they all use volley fire-all other firing drills disabled. AI will use volley fire because the other firing drills are disabled. Fire by rank version can research any firing drill. Advanced platoon fire version-elite will use platoon fire, skirmishers use volley fire and line use fire by rank. The other files just put it into your Empire Data folder. Le fred make sure that you also put the file into data/DME/Packs. All of them are set to skirmish yes so I would not know why they are using another firing drill.
    Hi Bran,

I tried but same issue in the end.
    Should i start a new campaign to have the drills work properly ?

thanks,

Patrician

UPDATE: File one volley fire found some units not set to volley fire made the change. Post 1. Le Fred- I went back and looked at every single unit in the unit to unit abilities tables and found 15 units out of the hundreds that still had rank fire and changed it to volley fire. So upload file one and use the new one and it should work.

Hi Bran,

Some feedback for you:

I've just made a try and i found that the Berkeley units fire by rank, regiment de la Sarre too, etc for the French units.
    Not really sure if my game has a problem or if they are still set to FBR.

rgds

Patrician

UPDATE: Naval attack behavior increased as requested. Post 1 and 7.

Hi mate, trying to install the mod but can't find a DME_darthmod file in "data/DME/Packs". Does this only appear if you've got certain things enabled in the DME launcher?

Patrician

Vesrpidian it appeared after launching the game. Don't worry about it. Just make sure that you have the modified DME_darthmod in the Empire data folder.

Thanks for the response. One other thing that I have noticed, whereas for the most part battles seem to be a lot more interesting now, since installing the mod I have been unable to enter land battles near the major cities in south America (Mexico and Caracas). The game just hangs in the loading screen for land battles near these cities indefinitely. Minor region capitals and battles away from these two places seem to work just fine. Is this an issue you've heard of before?

Patrician

Vespidian do you have the ALb23 Modified Deployment Zones mod installed? That might be the cause. Delete it from your Empire data folder.

Having the same problem as Vespidian. Trying to attack an occupied and reinforced dock at the French Guyana, Just Darthmod + your mod and it hangs. Replacing the .pack files fixes it.

Would edit but I dont see a button. Just downloaded the volley version, it loaded fine. Was using the fire by rank version before. Should help you limit it down.

Few weeks ago a read an article in a magazine about fire drills and I remembered that the fire drills in Empire were somehow different. Or lets say they were strange. Because volley fire was the common fire drill in the 18th century. Singlefire was used in the 17th century and was replaced by fire by rank. At the beginning of the 18th century they recognized, that the musketeers in the back rows can't see anything while shooting, because the smoke from the first row obscured their sight. So they used volley fire and all soldiers shot at the same time. In the mid of the 18th century platoon fire was used by few armies.
    Now. What I want to say is... I like volley fire and I like platoon fire too. Is there a chance to replace the single fire (starting drill) with fire by rank and replace fire by rank with volley fire? I know you changed the fire drills somehow to make three different types of your mod. So I hope you can help me with that, to put the final touch to Empire.

Thanks!

Roman Soldier's Avatar Civis

Does this work with the "Subs Power" mod?

Patrician

Yes it does.

Okay so did a bit of testing... Both the Fire by Rank and Platoon fire makes the game hang when you load into a battle (On the campaign, seems to work fine otherwise).

Skirmish fire works just fine, never had it hang on me. But both of the other versions do hang.

Here's what I did, just so you can re-create it. Deleted the .pack files in both folders, Then replaced them with all three versions of your mod (One at a time of course.) Close DM launcher, Open it. Hit start, Boot up empires, Grand campaign, Netherlands H/H, After loading into the game I took the army in Amsterdam and the one standing just outside, merged them and attacked flanders.

Like I said, After doing this with either normal darthmod.pack files, or the skirmish ,pack files the battle loads and plays fine. With the Fire by rank .pack and the platoon fire .pack the battle hangs when it begins to load, and never shows any progress in the loading bar.

Not sure what's causing it but its driving me nuts. I personally hate having line units use skirmish fire, And don't want to start a campaign being stuck with something that drives me mad. I also hate not using the mod at the same time. Double edged sword here =(.

BTW It makes no difference if you've got scripts enabled or not. Maybe it's some obscure setting in the launcher? I'm out of ideas. I know I use to use the FBR version last time I played and I never had a battle freeze on loading.