Page 21 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930314671121 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

UPDATE: Added new effects to building effects tables and fixed typo in trigger event tables. Uploaded to post 1 and 7. Now how about some feedback reports?

Tiro

Hey, is this in any way compatible with the CB 2.2?

Playing this mod with early campaign as GB with 4 turns per year and normal/normal difficulty. 12 turns in I declare war and assault the last Dutch region capital. This is my first battle against a city with walls. What a slog.

No Dutch unit would route on or inside the walls unless it was literally down to 15 men or less, and this is with their general dead. Outside the walls units were easier to route, but only after 70% of the unit was killed.

Is it supposed to be this hard, is is this because the Dutch were down to their last main region?

There was also some extreme lag 20 minutes in. This cleared when I climbed a wall and the enemy sent a unit outside the wall to attack it. I replayed this battle many times with the same lag and clearance. Enemy unit path-finding issues inside the wall? I noticed one enemy Calvary unit running around like a headless chicken inside the walls after receiving artillery casualties.

Patrician

Killzone- If you want them to rout you need to attack enemy rear and flanks. Taking forts should be hard just bombard them to smithereens and attack with a bigger force-if you attack one to one ratio you will usually suffer huge casualties. Oh yes it is supposed to be hard Fort battles in Empire have always been buggy. I do recommend to play hard/hard for a more action packed campaign
    robroy it is compatible yes.

TheMacchiavelli's Avatar Libertus

I recommend the stockades and wooden forts by Dignan to solve this problem.

Thanks, this is my 3rd game so I'm just figuring out strategies. First game with vanilla and after 20 or so turns I had knocked out France and Spain and the BAI was just stupid and units routed if you said "Boo". Quit and tried DME for about 10 turns, was better but BAI still awful. Your mod is much better, CAI much more dynamic and BAI defenders actually defend!!!!!

As I said, just trying out strategies atm, already worked out how to kill the pirates off in the 2nd turn, how to get 90% of the trade nodes and how to get all nations apart from Spain and France to love me for a few thousand dollars.

Tiro

Bran Mac Born thanks for the response. That mass volley fire is just awesome. But it sure does go through the ammo. I figured that keeping infantry in reserve is a very good strategy and artillery to sometimes. This mod rocks. Is there anyway to free up the limitations on all the line infantry, like with Austria's variant of line infantry and Russia and with grenadiers to, however keep just the elite units like guards and such limited still? Anyway, this mod boost 110% on game Is the mass volley fire available from the get go for all the line units? Or do we have to research the ring bayonets first. I was just in a battle with Sweden in my Russian campaign and I haven't researched the ring bayonet yet and my Cossack infantry only fired from the front rank. And I noticed they have swords as their melee weapon. Or is it that units that don't have bayonets only fire from the front rank only? Just one minor thing I saw. Still a golden mod to me. Excellent work.
    Last edited by robroy; August 26, 2013 at 03:19 PM.

when my line infantry are standing side by side with the skirmish fire they always seem to shoot each other, anyway to fix this?

Yeah, I also noticed this. Battle reports show on average that a third of my casualties are not killed by the enemy.

Tiro

That happens to me to as well. I dld file one and put that in and after I researched FBR some units will go ahead and fire by rank and some would use mass volley. Should I not research FBR in order to keep the mass volley? Will the Cossack infantry I use for Russia continue to fire front rank only if I don't research the FBR? Some annoying problems with the firing mechanics. I playing this mod with CB 2.2, since it is compatible, and I am using the forty unit Russian save right now. Volley fire! You might want to up the ammunition on the units that use mass volley fire a little. I'm not saying give them a ton of ammunition, just a little more would be nice. Gots to throw some more lead ya know

Patrician

UPDATE: ALL infantry units have 20% more ammo. Tweaked morale settings. post one file one-volley fire.

Patrician

UPDATE: FIXED- Friendly fire bug in file one, volley fire. post one file 1. Note. fire is a little most accurate. Had to adjust projectile calibration area and unit horizontal spacing.

Tiro

Ok. will give it a go again. Gonna try out a different faction. Maybe Bavaria or Westphalia. Oh, In file one does the volley fire still keep in place with the line infantry? Researched FBR and had units doing both firing drills. Great work Bran. Thanks for the ammo boost. More lead to let fly.

Tiro

Ok. Chose Bavaria on a forty unit save file in custom campaign. I researched FBR so I can get the extra two bonuses. Took Bosnia from the Ottomans and had all line infantry and they did not use volley fire at all they used fire by rank. So I guess if you want to keep the volley fire than don't research FBR. But then in order for the grenadiers and elite troops to fire right you have research FBR. Don't know what to do. Gonna start another campaign and not research FBR this time. However need to find a faction that has real good line infantry. Any suggestions?

is it possible to make it so volley fire has only the first two or 3 lines firing? that seems the most realistic

Patrician

UPDATE: Added effects table modded so all bonus effects will show up when you right click on building browser Post 1 and 7
    NYG5- well yes it is possible... but can result in friendly fire that I just fixed. So just spread out your line to 3 rows deep.
    Robroy I will test enable volley fire on all army buildings and see if that works.

Patrician

UPDATE: Added enable volley fire to all military army buildings. post 1 file one. Robroy test and see if it works Elites should use volley fire. If not then it is hard coded and there is nothing that I can do. I any case it is a fun campaign and that is what is cool.

Tiro

The units that were created by CB 2.2 mod don't have the volley fire. Just played Venice and noticed their province line infantry, which is a CB 2.2 unit, only fired front rank only but the conscripts volley fired okay. No FBR researched yet either. Will dld this update you just did and give it a test. I might have to remove the CB 2.2 mod in order for this to work right, maybe. Is it that you have to give each unit the volley fire ability or can it be just the military building that you just updated on? Trying to beat ottomans down a little so just in case they don't lag on their turn and plus they are a threat right off. Will restart new campaign with Venice, just like those conscripts. Your mod makes this game really cool indeed. Oh, what about the research on the FBR? I thought that this didn't effect line infantry on overriding their volley fire drill? That could be hardcoded to I imagine. Wish they didn't have to hard code everything but I can understand why they do it. Alright will give it a shot in the dark and see what I hit.

Tiro

Okay here it is so far. Used Bavaria 40 unit save. Since Bavaria hasn't been touched by CB 2.2. Line infantry did okay on volley fire until after FBR was researched and then they lost volley fire and commenced with fire by rank. Grenadiers and elites only fired front rank only until FBR was researched and then fired by rank. So the FBR is hard coded it seems. I did an early save before FBR was researched, so going to see how the grenadiers and elites do when I skip the FBR and go straight into the advance fire and platoon fire, which if I remember clearly they just fired front rank only before. I think that the FBR has to be researched it seems in order for the grenadiers and elites to work properly. I'm just guessing on that. I hope this feed back helps you. I wonder if FBR can be taken out completely. Seems like it was done once on darthmod for NTW at one time if I remember right. Oh well. Oh and none of the CB 2.2 units have the volley fire, but at least they throw lead out even if some of them only fire from the front rank only.

Patrician

robroy-you can give all the line infantry in CM 2.2 the "can_skirmish" = True, in the unit_stats_land table to have then use volley fire.