Page 14 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

This video shows why fire by rank sucks for the AI. The AI pauses and has horrible response as it gets all shot up while reloading. Volley Fire AI lays down a continuous line of fire and will bring big hurt to your army. I do not know what battle difficulty the user used for this battle but my guess is was NOT hard or very hard as the enemy troops routed too easy. If it was on Very Hard his army would have been in big trouble. So Volley Fire mod version One and Very Hard battle settings that is key.

Patrician

UPDATE: Tweaked campaign ai personalities for help fix Ottoman turn lag, tweaked campaign difficulty handicaps. post 1 and 7. save game compatible.

How well does advanced platoon firing work with these tweaks? It's been awhile, but I remember I hated PT. I would like some firing drill that is effective but doesn't give an advantage or disadvantage over me or the pc. Would you recommend to not tech any firing drill and just use volley fire? I need those techs to build an army college to get elite units though.

Patrician

melorock-Use file 3. post 7. Elites use advance platoon fire. Works better for AI than Fire by rank does-lays out more fire. The animations for fire by rank interfere with AI responsiveness. The units must wait till all men in the unit get into firing position while volley fire they can start shooting when ever they can. You can always tech firing drills.

WELL the video is recorded with volley fire verision (last week ver) which First file you recommanded+very hard difficulty...
    i have no idea why they use fire by rank...but i see some of the units sometimes can use volley fire...sometimes use volley fire
    Now i keep your mod update and test again

Patrician

Are you playing Hard campaign? I recommend Hard battle settings as Very Hard can cause too much melee. Yes use the newest update. Keep the videos coming
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; June 29, 2013 at 03:05 AM.

Monsieurs,

In this forum I found the courage I lacked
    And You monsieurs, are responsible for convincing me to reinstall and play this game! especially Monsieur Mac Born for your work, and Sir Aggelos for feedbacks. Je vous remercie! Thank you!
    La bataille de Hastings! - 14 octobre 1066 -this battle will start a series of clashes between two mighty peoples, where France will extend a glorious future, leaving permanently etched their mark on British culture.

unfortunately, i have not plug bayonet
    http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/130629/5...toltes.hu_.jpg
    i downloaded the file 1 and copied to the empire total war/data.
    i tried the game to the custom/early, and 40 unit campaign.
    i use 4 turn/year and 1/4 technology research rate, but tried normal
    p.s.: i reinstalled the game (ETW and dartmod 8.0.1) because i tried the minor faction revange mod (but i did not like it)

i don't understand, why does not work your mod

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Added event triggers for battles, all factions start with plug bayonet enabled with barracks building, better military tech research, tested siege battle with new trigger events in a custom battle and AI army units all attacked the fort-they swarmed it like bees. I do not know how it will work in campaign have to test it. There is only so much I can do with AI behavior as it is hard coded, but event trigger seem to work. Added new trigger for factions trading regions will have to test to see if it takes. Update in post 1 and 7

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I see some <mobing> when ai gets attacked(defends).They gathered at a small area like bees and didnt deploy their cannons,plus because the had melee infantry among their forces they should have charged me ordeploy lines and wait for the attackers.In the beggining they moved Their cavalry against us without moving their infantry to us.At the last phase of their battle they fought it bravely but they had lost their cavalry nor they had artillery support and lost the battle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	643.1 KB 
ID:	283259
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 29, 2013 at 08:31 AM.

i see a different between the orginal and the mod...
    The ai seem can not depoly the cannon position as well...
    DM Orginal AI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=918-EJYCurg
    AI with mini mod..*previous ver
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgc8KDU5RQ

Patrician

UPDATE: Added large deployment zones from DarthMod Napoleon so in 40 unit saves Ai army can spread out and not blob on deployment Unpack this into your Empire data folder-it is in movie format and will work automatically in campaign. I tested it and it works. Added new trigger events-upload to post 1 and 7. Artillery in this mod should not move around the battlefield and should start firing as the battle starts. Deployment of AI army needs a few minutes to spread out and with bigger area to deploy they will have more of a chance to flank your army.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Patrician

UPDATE: Fixed problem with native bowmen not firing, tweaked battle Ai settings for native American warriors for better cohesion-beware! uploaded to post 1 and 7.

jayvikings57's Avatar Tiro

@Bran, just wondering in your settings, have you tweaked upkeep so there are more stacks on the map.

I usually make this change myself, but was just wondering.

Also, thanks for adding large deploy zones. That was keeping me from enjoying 40 unit games for awhile!

Patrician

I tweaked it in Campaign Difficulties for AI not for human player. I was thinking of doing that as I did it for Napoleon but it is a big task to do as there are so many units to change. Will get around to doing it when I have more time.

Old Gendarme's Avatar Foederatus

Bran with the latest change I am getting a CTD on splash screen.
    "I very nearly had to wait!"
    -Louis XIV, Le Roi Soleil

Patrician

what version file 1 2 or 3?

Old Gendarme's Avatar Foederatus

Post 7 the platoon firing version.
    "I very nearly had to wait!"
    -Louis XIV, Le Roi Soleil

jayvikings57's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    I tweaked it in Campaign Difficulties for AI not for human player. I was thinking of doing that as I did it for Napoleon but it is a big task to do as there are so many units to change. Will get around to doing it when I have more time.
    Yes, thats what I meant. Unit by unit would be alot of work.

Can I ask what specific changes you made? I cut upkeep by 70% in my own attempt and the result was epic.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gendarme View Post
    Post 7 the platoon firing version.
    Doesnt work for me either

Patrician

Re uploaded file for post 7 try it again but first verify your game catche in steam. Then install it.