Page 12 of 122 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Smartbomb. Charge speed is in Battle Entities table. Power of charge is in Unit Stats Land -charge bonus. Save game compatible I think yes.

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

So I have a question. If I downloaded the Advanced Platoon Fire version, which firing drill would non-elite units have?

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Fire by rank,if researched

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

Okay. That sounds like the one for me then. Thanks ^_^

Its in post 7.
    Im not sure yet if it works.Can anyone make a video demostrating advanced platoon firing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Smartbomb. Charge speed is in Battle Entities table. Power of charge is in Unit Stats Land -charge bonus. Save game compatible I think yes.
    Thanks man time to drag out the old dbeditor that I haven't used in 2 years.
    Bactrians will be Big 8. "Farther East" means Bactria.
    After the Iceni reveal expect the unexpected.

Bran, I was just wondering if you could release a version diminishing (to a half?) naval movement... It's simply too fast, there is no way of intercepting invasions...

I believe this cant be done
    I will post 8 more pics showing things i have seen
    pic1
    when you recruit many units during a turn,units become stuck inside the city,cannot be moved or merged only disbanted.I have seen this happening to the ai too.Arriving outside the city is just fine
    pic5
    there is definately a problem with reenforcemens.Not only they arrive when you have exactly 20 units in the game(this means you cant have more than 20 units together to a battle you must lose one unit before receiving one new),but also they arrive from lame locations causing problems.In this pic its the final battle against thirteen colonies.I besiege their capital and their reenforcements arrive just behing our lines!From all this free space did they find to sent them from there!Also a bad thing about this is that general arrives first with the reenforcements is getting engaged and killed decreasing morale(pic2).I dont know if you can reverse the order reenforcements arrive.Infantry first,cavalry then artillery then and generals last of all.Also the bad locations reenforcements arrive cancel the whole try.In the last battle i blocked the area they arrived and i was throwing them grenades!noone could arrive noone reenforced!This means the area they arrive and the timimg of this is very important
    pic4
    GB declared a war with me and i attacked them in india they have many pieces of horse artillery that they never deployed just moving it(reminded me of bad darthmod 8.0.1 times).I havent seen this again probably its caused at horse artillery only(they couldnt fing a good location for deployment)?
    pic3
    its a problem in naval battles.BAI sticks to the formation no matter what.Look at the pic their so much space,good wind to turn and engage me but the back ships form a train and wait.Also some ships gather in a small area as in the centre and dont move.Formation in naval battles doesnt help much.They could be removed, free space for more fun but not against the covering.
    Bomb ketches range should be increased.Also CAI could blocade(not raid) shipyards thet have ships inside.CAI cares only for trading ports
    pic6
    this is one more pic about the final siege battle of thirteen colonies capital.Strange BAI behaviour.On of my reenforcements came close to their gates and their general went out to attack us,getting ofcourse easily killed.Also at the end of the battle they sent some of their units out to attck my units that have reached the walls.Its ok this but they could have moved earlier before the shrapel and percussion shells turn them into pieces.Bai should go on offence during a siege when he has the numbers.Also and at this battle as described above reeneforcements arrived behind our lines,thats rediculous.
    pic8
    funny things in diplomacy.GB is friendly (we have a military alliance?it was broken some turns before.Also trade alliance broken gives positive stat?)and we are at war!
    All this reasons that give positive or negative stats at diplomacy relations with a nation should be reworked.Good use of this could resu;t in more challenging Cai and therefore campaigns
    Last but not least
    pic7
    VICTORY!CAMPAIGN WON! AT 1729.
    It was not that easy but not that tough.I will continue it to see what will happen.But i believe BAI wont cause much trouble at meClick image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	738.7 KB 
ID:	282617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	846.5 KB 
ID:	282618
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

6.jpg  
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 22, 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Better spotting behavior for Generals, light infantry and light cavalry. Changed artillery calibration target area so arty will fire sooner, changed diplomacy, more port blocking behavior, new trigger event for reinforcements, new campaign difficulty handicap tables.
    The Ai in this game is not as good as in Napoleon that is for sure. Game play best is Hard campaign/Hard Battle 40 units saves. If you want to be destroyed play Very Hard Campaign. Good Luck. Updates in post 1 and 7.
    Sir Aggelos thanks for the feedback. Best BAI is still file #1 volley fire. Try that

feedback from updated version part2
    Installed file 1 mass volley and played some battles a naval one and a siege have to say units respond better but i think its a litle bit overpowered.You can wipe out a cavalry regiment that charges to you,even with militia
    can but its ok no big deal
    I will continue the feedback with some things seen that ARENT BUGS NOR PROBLEMS.THEY ARE JUST things i see.PROBably because the campaign is in its late period some of them WILL HAVE BEEN FIXED IN A NEW CAMPAIGN.I dont know if this is true but i think its a little bit difficult for BAI/CAI to change his <habits> during a campaign so we must complete it first and then start a new one.Thats the reason i want to finish the french campaign first
    pic9
    The naval battle.look at the british ship with the red life points from damage it simply coudlnt resign,look at my ship with the green/light yellow power it received a little fire and surrender while the bai's almost sank and kept firing.Its ok being hard,personally i like this,but it cant be cheaty.Either make human ships fight more or bai ships surrender easier.Also they dont seem to be affected from chain shot or grape shot too.
    pic10
    It was an attack in india!the first battle with mass volley.I attacked the british invaders they sent two cavalry regiments to attcked they were completely butchered then they sent two infantry regiments advance and behind them their remaining infantry.Cannons were firing.Not so big massiveness AI attcked in waves.Also can you make ai infantry facing humans cavalry form square?Not that bad i just say what i've seen.Your conclusions are yours
    pics 11,12
    I attacked LONDON just to see how will they react.will they mobilize forces to break the siege?
    BAI deployed inside their walls and some of them outside.They left the walls unguarded and i marched to the walls.they they exited the walls and attcked me from both left and right with some units while others tried to fight us on the walls that were lost because noone guarded them.Battles in forts with the wall to have been broken are laggy.If you break the wall lag is reduced.Good idea from the ai to fight like this.personnaly i would prefer militia and armed citizenry to mount the walls and fight a few shots not allowing us to march to the walls.I say this because i saw militia outside the fort attacking.GOOD SIEGE the british lost but smashed all my right flank and all my cannons.If the walls hadnt been lost i would be in trouble.their cannons were deployed i didnt notice to see if they fired at us.They could have by the time we climbed the walls.
    Last about this siege they brought an army at the end of the turn and reenforced i was forced,even having won, to demand peace they accepted and i left.
    pic13
    General with thow grenade feature enabled lol!
    More about funny things this friendly/at war status is unacceptable.I have also see that a nation that you are in war with still keeps military access that you have given.WAR should hault everything(trade treaties,military access) and turn it into negative status.
    pics 14,15,16,17
    some things about CAI after 130 turns of campaign.
    I declare war to thirteen colonies GB goes at war with me suporting their protectorate.They didnt help them the time they could(it didnt take me more than 2-3 turns to beat them) although they had a ready army enbarked in ships.ALSO their good allies the dutch mastering europe didnt move to helo their allies even having a military alliance with them,while only being friendly with me and having huge armies.IN addition dutch is in war with prussia why dont they invade them by land?They have an army embarked in ships for many turns now
    MOREOVER look at the ottoman forces in pic15 they have so many troops and dont attack the dutch invaders having conquered their capital.WHat are they afraid of mamelukes to the east?a try recapturing territories with some of their army would definately worth trying instead of staying there.
    Last but not least the Spanish almost invisible during the campaign.they are in war with genoa, ottoman they have vast armies sitting and dont attack neither of them.Genoa lies in givraltar almost near them,nevertheless the spanish dont control the junction to attck them from marocco nor the genoa makes a move either to attack me or the spanish.Moreover I traded spanish an island they accepted and they still kept their army there.I thank them for guarding my island but an attack in genoa or ottoman would be better.
    Closing my thoughts i want to tell that CAI becomes passive and hesitant.Possibly i repeat this would have been fixed in a new campaign but i cant be sure
    i want to ask some more things to look in diplomacy.
    First of all the facts that give positive or negative status in diplomatic relationships(trading treaty,history grievances,territorial expansion,acts of espionage, and more) to be rechecked.It cant be realistic someone attcking your ally or acting imperialistic and simply dont care.Ai should form coalitions and be ready to smash offensive nations!Dont forget a war can be started with a very small excuse,WW1 Started from a assasination.All these acts should worsen diplomatic relations.More about this, with a nation you trade relations should improve.If i trade with a nation (techs,military access) ur relations should take a +
    Present state gifts for human is almost useless.Its too expensive in early game to give 2500/5000/10000 to a nation that can forget the money given and betray you next turn.Prices should change 2000/4000/6000 something like this plus if a give a nation money respect should be greatly increased.
    I believe an improved diplomacy that will actively affect CAI mves will make the game much more intersting
    You can ask me anything you want and by the time we are ready i will start a new 40 unit campaign
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17.jpg   9.jpg   10.jpg   11.jpg   12.jpg  

13.jpg   14.jpg   15.jpg   16.jpg  
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 23, 2013 at 06:34 AM.

jayvikings57's Avatar Tiro

Great to see additional modding for empire.

1 question.

Is the file in the 1st post the only download we need or do I say, have to download the separate files in post 3, 6, 7 etc...?

And thanks again!

just one of the files 1 or 2 from post 1 or the file from post 7 if you want advanced platton firing and having darthmod 8.0.1 of course

jayvikings57's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    just one of the files 1 or 2 from post 1 or the file from post 7 if you want advanced platton firing and having darthmod 8.0.1 of course
    Thanks Sir Aggelos. Saves me a lot of trouble.

Is this mod good? Seems like people like it.

One thing I mod myself in my campaigns is lower upkeep for more stacks on the map (both AI and human)

Patrician

UPDATE: tweaked diplomacy- factions will not like you going to war with their allies and trade and peace and gifts improve relations.Factions will try to recapture lost regions more. Update in post 1 and 7.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; June 23, 2013 at 02:30 PM.

Patrician

For those using Causa Belli mod with 40 unit saves and not getting the small unit icons. Use this file. Put it into your Empire data folder
    Attached Files Attached Files

Still doesnt work.I also included this pack to user scipt file.i tried to play both early and custum 40 unit campaign.
    Maybe theres something wrong with the procedure?From the dme launcher i click 40 unit save custum-portugal enable causa and start.from the game menu i load the save that has been created right?
    also from game settings user interface what do i select full user ui or minimized it works with neither of them i have tried everythingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	maxui.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	619.3 KB 
ID:	282763

Patrician

Aggelos the file is in movie format you do not have to use it in a script. In my 40 unit saves in DarthMod Empire. I get small icon but not the full 40 units icons on the battle map. Try changing back to pack format with PFM and then add to script.

i removed the scipt command .still didnt succeed in making it work

Patrician

Go into your preferences empire script Located in Users/username/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts
    right click on the preference script file and go to properties and make sure that the read only box is unchecked. Now open the file and scroll down to minimised_ui and set it to true, and scroll down to card_mode and set it to 0. SAVE. Now go back to the properties and click the read only box. Try out in the game.

Didnt work either.The problem could be happening from causa files not from game configuation.Everything works perfect when you dont select causa
    My new campaign HARD/HARD PORTUGAL 40 UNIT CUSTUM CAMPAIGN
    I HAVE SEEN (in 2 battles) that when ai is defending with little forces(for example 3 units) he keeps one of them in the far back.Its better fighting with all that hes got with The command unit just a little behind them not 1km away looking their comrades getting killed pic1
    Pic 2 pure epic battle i won they had double the forces my lines kept the attacked all over us!
    would be 10/10 if the bai attacked a little faster when he was near my lines.I had lag but i believe they stood still for a while at 100 yards before they launched the attack all through the front plus if you see the middle of his front is sparse because bai keeps some units back.he could have bring them and attack my center not allowing me to reenforce the right of my position that was under pressure and broke.My center had an <easy afternoon> and this was bai's fault that cost them 5k of dead
    although i had terrible fps drop battle was awesome 9/10,although i dont put so good marks i mark strictly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	587.0 KB 
ID:	282831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	382.7 KB 
ID:	282830
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 25, 2013 at 02:41 AM.