Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 196994109110111112113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2434

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

These mod files dont work with '40 unit saves'? I checked hard economy and unit prices are not changed when using the save file.

HI,

I must admit that I am a little bit confused with all those versions...Is the ottoman turn bug adressed in all or just in the one of post #28 ?

Is this work with x2 artillery option ?

Hi Bran!!!
    Just a quick question...is this compatible with VDM diplomacy script?

Thanks a lot man!
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!

First of all. This mod is great. Take Darthmod to a new level. Just a quick question. I used the version "tight formation/50% accuracy/Ottoman bug". Everything works fine so far until I recruit my first grenadier unit. The unit is still doing 1st line fire, not the mass volley fire like other normal line infantry. But I haven't research FBR tech. Would FBR tech research solve that issue?

Hi I tried out both vanilla volley fire version and 50% less accuracy and ottoman fix. I realized the unit_stats tables are done in a pretty sloppy manner.
    1. For some heavy cavalry, grenade and skirmish were turned on.
    2. Some line infantry units cannot do volley fire cuz skirmish mode is set "false".
    3. Unit stats are widely inconsistent. Some minor countries' crappy units have higher stats than major countries' standard units.
    4. Unit stat settings are chaotic and not reflecting national strength of individual countries

So I combed thru the unit files and did the following:
    1. correct overlooked mistakes such as giving heavy cavalry skirmish and grenade
    2. correct crappy units' stats and make them more in-line with standards units
    3. increase the differentials between trained and elite units. Standard trained units have lower stats, but elite units have much high stats so that their battlefield performances are much more obvious
    4. tweak stats to reflect national strength. Take standard line infantry. GB has higher accuracy, Prussia has faster reload, France has basic stats but their unit has 50 more men and higher melee stats, Russia has a slightly lower shooting ability but vastly superior melee capability and larger units, Sweden has slightly better than base line stats but no specialization. All standard grenadier and guard units are built on top of the base line infantry. Special units like Prussian life guard, GB's blackwatch and coldstream guards have even higher stats than normal elite. But their availability is significantly reduced so you can't really spam elite units to steamroll. So the bulk of thus-rationalized army composition is made up of mostly standard line and decorated by special and elite units.

I would be happy to share my revision to other players, but I don't know how to upload file here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    NEW: TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION/Volley Fire. 269.5kb file Massive Armies and Huge Invasions and Very Very Aggressive campaign.Are you ready for the END OF DAYS For maximum effect play VERY HARD CAMPAIGN and Very Hard Battle settings 7/28/16 269.5kb file.

NEW: TWS TIGHT FORMATIONS- FIRE BY RANK 235.3 kb file -by Request. 07/28/16

NEW TWS TACTICAL COMBAT VERSION./Volley Fire 266.9 kb file
    Hidden Units on Battlefields and Campaign Stealth Mode on Campaign map and New Morale setting(units retreat then regroup)..
    07/28/16
    I have a very big problem with this mod because Ottoman Empire after a few turns, spamming massive armies with one or two units and one turn Ottomans lasts about 10 minuts, and how I wants attack this armies my games freezing because this armies they are very close together. Any solution for this?

https://imgur.com/a/UljwSgo

Sorry for my english.
    Last edited by Godlike; June 06, 2020 at 09:51 AM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Use the Ottoman bug fix version.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Hi Bran, Playing Empire for ages and enjoying your mods...again.
    But is there a reason why i ALWAYS fight in a foggy night battlefield?? is this just bad luck or did i oversee i something

anyone a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Use the Ottoman bug fix version.
    Which gameplay option is used by this version ? Volley fire, fire by rank, other... ?

Hey guys, what are the firing modes now? Last I played the options were fire by rank for all units, or volley fire with all units firing at once (showing up as "can skirmish" in the unit info). Is there a version where only the front two ranks fire at once? Trying to get more of a The Patriot feel

Is there a version with super slaughter and tight formation volley fire %50 more ammo %50 less accuracy and ottoman turn fix?

Patrician

New Super Slaughter-Volley Fire-Tight Formations-Less Accuracy-Ottoman Bug Fix Post#34

It does have %50 more ammo yeah?

Patrician

Do have more ammo yes but varies by unit type. Not so much to be gamey or arcady though-I try to be realistic. Just keep reserve units and attack wisely

Patrician

Black ader-Volley fire works best.

Hi Bran, do you have one for just tighter formations + reduced accuracy? Thanks! Just registered to make this ask

Patrician

Franz use version on post #31

Smoke column coming out of damage building no longer works. Does anyone know why?

Thank you so much!