Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Not on my end my friend-you are the only to have reported that ever since this mod was posted. Try another file and use volley fire version as that is better any how.

Libertus

IS there a tight formation/ volley fire/50% less accurate/ hard economy?. I once used volley fire in post 1 but was stunned at how useless cav (expecially in the hands of the ai), pikemen and light infantry had become due to how over powered volley fire is. I don't understand why volley firing would make the ai better though?

I am sorry about asking second time but I couldn't find the answer. What should I get to just play normal version of mod(Recommended version) with bug fixes. Thanks in advance for help and for this great sub-mod.

Patrician

lordgeor141 see post #2248 for that version- Karasis- there are no normal version of this mod just special versions-made by request of players-just find the one that suits your play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    lordgeor141 see post #2248 for that version- Karasis- there are no normal version of this mod just special versions-made by request of players-just find the one that suits your play style.
    Thanks for the answer but what I am asking is that for example if I get the ottoman fixed version, do I get also the dagestan fix? I really dont want to pass any fixes.

Patrician

karasis-you need to download the dagasan fix my itself.

Not sure if this has been answered already; I'm playing with Dartmod 8.01 and the Dagestan/Hannover Protectorate Bug fix from the first page and every time I try to use either volley fire or platoon fire or both it breaks some units e.g. Swedish Food Guards and GB Royal Welch Fusiliers who both only fire in one rank.

Also, any time i've tried any of the elite unit platoon fire files they have just had volley fire/fire by rank (same as the line infantry)

When I use the origninal DME_Darthmod file these units all use fire-by-rank as normal (with the Dagestan/Hannover bug fix installed).

This is the bug fix known to cause issues? (the file is dated to 2015)

Thanks.

Patrician

The fix has nothing to do with firing animation-only elite units will use the advanced platoon fire in that version all others use volley fire. fire by rank version all units except militia and skirmisher use fire by rank. Some units animation are bugged and that is just the way it is. will research and see about that in advanced platoon fire versions. I am busy with Wars of the Gods mod right now will get to this in time.

Yeah that makes sense, I was just wondering if there was some random conflict people had been having which might have affected it.

I've found that in the ones I've tried in rankfire/elite platoon the elites either use rank fire or just fire in one rank, and in the volley fire/elite platoon the same again happens with most elites using volley and a few just firing in one rank.

For me, volley fire works by itself but when combined with other stuff like in post 31 the same thing happens again where some elite units just fire in a single rank.

Patrician

when i have the time will see what i can do about this.

So I had to reinstall everything after an enjoyable Blue Screen o Death experience (Win 10 of course) and my game crashes during the DME load screen !@#$% haha
    I have no idea what is causing it.

Bran - love your tweaks thanks! I do have a suggestion - A Troubleshooting Guide and a detailed Install Guide in a new thread! I know your busy and I am not knockin on ya, I appreciate ya! Just thought it may help with your work on here.
    Again thank you for all you do!
    Cheers mate

I'm trying to use Causa Belli with your mass-volley-fire version, installed your volley-fire replacement pack for CB, everything seems to work fine, no crashes, but only a couple of units like the Immortals seem to keep volley fire. The rest of the line units, like British line infantry have changed to using fire by rank.

Patrician

LIONHEART X 10 SPECIAL AMERICAN CAMPAIGN LET'S PLAY EDITION
    Regional Development/Hard Economy/tight formations/more ammo/Ottoman turn bug fix/Fire by Rank for Line Infantry/Mass Volley Fire for Elites/better naval invasions. Updated 3/9/19
    by Request..

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 09, 2019 at 12:44 PM.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Haven't played this n for ever. Maybe I will give it a go

Thanks

I need only volley fire + thight formation, its possible?

Patrician

SPECIAL REQUEST VERSION VOLLEY FIRE/TIGHT FORMATIONS
    enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks man, volley fire looks very good and its very useful in early era.

Only found this mod recently and it really had increased the challenge. I was routinely stack wiping the AI in every battle with only 500 casualties at most. Now I am barely scraping a victory most of the time. You, sir are a genius.

However, I also keep hitting the Ottoman bug, even though I got the Volley Fire/Tight Formations/Ottoman bug fix version. And the worst of it is that it strikes routinely around the 10 turn mark. Sometimes the bug disappears when I reload a save and I can continue, but sometimes not.

In any case, the mod has definitely made the game better to play. Now I just wish I could get rid of some of the Named units that Darthmod adds to the game which are little more than different flavours of standard units that only serve to clutter up the recruitment panel.

One more thing I would want to ask. Is it possible to limit the AI diplomacy to not repeatedly ask for territory or any of the other useless diplomacy options? In my current game the Ottomans got Archangel from the Russians within the first 4 turns through this diplomacy and it is really just stupid, so less of this would be great as it is annoying making enemies of the British when playing as the Swedes because they ask for one of my provinces and I reject the offer, especially when I am in a war with the Russians and Danish when they do this.

Also, is it possible to make the AI see sense when it is clearly beaten? For example, I've taken all of Denmark's territory in Scandinavia but they refuse to accept peace when they have been clearly beaten.

Are either of these things possible, or is the diplomacy just screwed altogether and its not worth the effort to try?