Page 11 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Old Gendarme's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

I downloaded the new advanced platoon firing but it is the 10 jun build. Thought I would let you know.
    "I very nearly had to wait!"
    -Louis XIV, Le Roi Soleil

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gendarme View Post
    I downloaded the new advanced platoon firing but it is the 10 jun build. Thought I would let you know.
    Here the same.I have just researched platoon firing and played a battle with suisses gardes (elite infantry).They didnt fire by platton the were firing by rank!
    I havent researched fire and advance maybe its needed or its a bug from the file.I would swear i use file 3.
    If i find time i will try to add fire and advance for light troops only to see how it goes,in order to make use of all the firing drills available in the game.Now i dont have time.Does anyone experience the same with platoon firing?Has anyone seen this firing drill?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    Here the same.I have just researched platoon firing and played a battle with suisses gardes (elite infantry).They didnt fire by platton the were firing by rank!
    I havent researched fire and advance maybe its needed or its a bug from the file.I would swear i use file 3.
    If i find time i will try to add fire and advance for light troops only to see how it goes,in order to make use of all the firing drills available in the game.Now i dont have time.Does anyone experience the same with platoon firing?Has anyone seen this firing drill?
    Are you talking about Swiss Guard(French DLC unit) or Swiss Infantry(UP improved infantry unit)

Also I just started Prussian Campaign and I'm only on turn 4 and during a land battle I saw the polish use flanking fire tactics, counter cavalry charges, use reserve units in effect, and not send their general rushing out like a cav unit(They even retreated him when I attacked him) I am really enjoying this mod so far good work. The only problem I have is that it seems as if you nerfed the cavalry a little too much. I think they should charge a wee bit faster and stronger.

Then I attacked the city of Dresden(no forts sub mod) and the Saxons acted like total retards. I think the AI behaves much better during open field battles as opposed to fighting with a large city in the middle of the map. They treated the city as if it were just a large mountain that you couldn't cross etc. I will try to avoid any city battles like this or I will try to attack the city from the angle in which there will be as little city on the field of battle as possible.

I just played a smaller battle 5vs5 against the Polish again. I noticed that the pikemen seem keen to avoid cones of fire and attempt to flank yet they will almost never attack simple line infantry. They are fond of attacking cavalry but they will never attack my line infantry even if I have gunned down about 400 of them. It also seems like infantry routs too quickly when under combined small arms fire and artillery, but rout too slowly when under just small arms fire. I literally gunned this one unit of pikemen down to about 88 men and then finally they routed.
    Last edited by Smartbomb; June 12, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Bactrians will be Big 8. "Farther East" means Bactria.
    After the Iceni reveal expect the unexpected.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: Added new event triggers for siege battles. Added more elite units to use Advance Platoon Fire. Go to Post #7 to get Advance Platoon fire Version-Tw Center mixing up uploaded versions so this will be its own post so not to get mixed up. Siege battles have always been messed up in this game-lag and pathfinding. If you are having trouble with siege battles then use no fort option in DarthMod. I have not seen any problems with city battles. I test with 40 unit saves and armies will go into the city and fight. This mod is made for 40 units for best BAI. Pike units are defensive units and do not attack well.

ok i will install from post 7
    i mean the swiss guardes(french dcl , the red ones)
    I will see how it goes
    from what i understand you have to add the platoom firing ability manually to each elite unit?This mean that there may be some you havent?I tell this so that i keep an eye is any elite dont have his ability
    Dutch and swedish now built generals.

Patrician

Yes there were some elites that I missed and that has been corrected, as far as I know what are elite units in some of the other mod unit files,but anything that I knew was an elite and or says in file I changed. Dutch now recruits generals? I changed it so they can-hope it works. I tested siege battle and no lag in mine. I think that is all I can do with the BAI for now, it works better than vanilla and is fun. CAI is not static and full of action. There should be more naval invasions and hope for India invasions too. Not getting Ottoman turn bug at least not bad-45 sec to 1 min on turn 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Added new event triggers for siege battles. Added more elite units to use Advance Platoon Fire. Go to Post #7 to get Advance Platoon fire Version-Tw Center mixing up uploaded versions so this will be its own post so not to get mixed up. Siege battles have always been messed up in this game-lag and pathfinding. If you are having trouble with siege battles then use no fort option in DarthMod. I have not seen any problems with city battles. I test with 40 unit saves and armies will go into the city and fight. This mod is made for 40 units for best BAI. Pike units are defensive units and do not attack well.
    Ok I'm going to play some more siege battles and check it out.

Maybe it's because of the way I attack cities to begin with

I attack them like this almost 90% of the time as I feel it's the path of least resistance and completely avoids the messy melee's in the streets

-----
    next move

[ ,,,
    [ ,,,
    [ 00

Pretend that 0 is the city and that ----and[[[[ are my line infantry the ,,,, are enemy infantry

The AI just gets stuck in the upper portion of the map and refuse to move instead cramming unit on top of unit. See on move 2 the enemy just seems to dance about between the border and the city. Then again alot of what happened depended on the manner in which the armies deployed. They deployed with me on one side of the city and the AI on another. I wanted the AI to send units through the city either infantry or cavalry to flank attack yet they didn't.

Maybe I should attack differently or the behavior was an anomaly. I'm gonna play some more city battles on campaign and then give you an update.

I have only played about 5 battles so far with the AI performing OPTIMALLY(almost human) in open field battles so I should probably play a couple more city battles in order to pass judgement(It took about 30-40 battles of DME to understand how they function).

Does this mod only work on 8.0.1 or just standard 8.0 aswell
    Last edited by Smartbomb; June 12, 2013 at 09:16 PM.

Patrician

Never seen that behavior before. I cannot think what would be causing it. What is your unit size multiplier at? It should work for both versions. And there is a Vanilla version too-just BAI and CAI
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post12766876

swiss guard elite units firing by rank nor the gardes suisses.Platton firing has been researched but not fire and advance.are you sure fire and advance is not needed?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	952.2 KB 
ID:	281600
    i have installed file from post #7 dated on 12/06/2013 12:17 am
    I Havent checked all my elite units yet
    I can train:
    swiss guard X(not having seen platoon firing)
    gardes suisses X(not having seen platton firing)
    maison du roi ?(Havent tested yet)
    infanterie vieux ?Havent tested yet)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	890.0 KB 
ID:	281604
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 13, 2013 at 09:14 AM.

Patrician

Sir Aggelos redownload the file from post #7 I reuploaded it. I checked my file unit to unit abilities table and suisse guard are enabled to to advance platoon fire. Try it.

Never seen that behavior before. I cannot think what would be causing it. What is your unit size multiplier at? It should work for both versions. And there is a Vanilla version too-just BAI and CAI
    My unit sizes are on the largest setting and I use 20 unit armies(my comp can't handle 40).

Started using your vanilla AI mod after you recommended it. Man is this good. Yet it seems to be afflicted with the same things as standards darthmod ie the inconsistency of the AI. I mean some battles I will see humanesque behavior and others I will see the standard AI cram spam.
    Last edited by Smartbomb; June 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM.

Patrician

Well we can only work with poor hard coded programing-we cannot 100% fix the software but we can make it playable to the point to be enjoyable. I did what I could with the damn thing.

Well we can only work with poor hard coded programing-we cannot 100% fix the software but we can make it playable to the point to be enjoyable. I did what I could with the damn thing.
    Hey man I'm not knocking your valiant effort. I'm just wondering if there are some things I can do in order to avoid AI glitches. I know that CA made a real piece of work here(did they even playtest?)

I think I'm going to keep switching between your vanilla modification and the mod found in this thread, messing with some of the parameters, and then playing on the different difficulties to see where I can find the most effective AI.

I also noticed that when I happen to play the defender the AI is twice as good as when I am attacking. It's just really weird. I mean today I played a battle against the french(they actually sent a full stack to konigsburg following a naval invasion) it was intense, they were flank firing, forming a near straight line in the center, and counter cavalry charging. They even managed to rout a few of my line infantry units.

Then I fought battle in poland over warsaw and the AI was doing some more general suicides. I have to say though I have seen alot of improvements using your mods over the standard 8.0.1. The standard version just seems way to beta this seems to clean up alot of the weird behavior that I was noticing in 8.0.1 ie the AI swarming your center with unit on top of unit.

I really don't understand how CA made the game so inconsistent? Maybe someone can one day nail down exactly why this happens? I even see people on the DM general boards say the exact same things.

Hey can you tell me how to edit the cavalry's charge effect and speed? I kind of liked it better the way the original DME 8.0.1 handled it. I know that it's a little overpowered but usually I only use about 2 heavy cav/lancer units in my army and about 1-2 dragoons which I never charge with just shoot.
    Last edited by Smartbomb; June 14, 2013 at 07:12 PM.

Reaching 120 turns in my campaign Victory is near although cherokees are causing trouble.In europe i attacked italy and conquered italian states,genoa and savoy.None of the europeans moved to stop me.Good relationships forged at the begining of the campaign fruit results now.None of the superpowers dutch and GB dare to challange me.Actually im very friendly and military alliance with GB,DUTCH,MARATHA,SPAIN AND SWEDEN im in war only with prussia,russia and cherokees.By the time i conquer cheroke and declare war to thirteen colonies(i need 3 of their territories) i want to see what GB,Dutch and maratha will do.Will they wake up i want to see.(Thirteen colonies is a protectorate of GB)
    I have some more ideas to discuss
    1)weather effects should be boosted,especially for low quality troops fighting outside their region.For example imagine swedish colonials fighting in india in summer,or indian troops invading russia.Weather/season effects are almost obsolete in the game.all troops but top quality(elite,grenadiers,heavy cavalry) should be affected
    2)Also i want to ask to boost a little religious unrest/clamour for reform or bad goverment. I try to cause problems/destabilise some territories of my foreenemies by sending missionaries or sabotasing buildings that give happiness.I rarely see them rebelling.Although towns with 0 happiness to lower classes rarely rebel.the only empire that revolted in my campaign is mughal empire that changed its regime to republic
    3) a small increase in building prices for more advanced building would balance economies that grow rediculously big in later of the game.PLus increasing the town costs and the inflation rates would result in slighty less money.I get 35k every turn,but im not involved in big war or having big enemies and if i continue like this i will 50k in some turns.
    So this is my point, more unexpected rebellions so that unhappiness from goverment costs you money,along with increased inflation rates for town costs.
    Last but not least some things about CAI AND BAI
    battles are good and tough cavalry attack rates have been lowered.I want the bai to throw the troops he gets from reenforcements faster in battles(except generals).I dont know if you can make reenforcements arrive faster
    About Cai:Sometimes ai hesistates to go on offence although he can(i speak only for cases ai is enemy with another ai) for example:ottoman empires capital rumelia has fallen by the dutch.
    Ottomans have 4-5 armies in anatolia region and dont attck directly to reconquer their home region.I saw them in last turn to send 2 armies via fleet in croatia got the region but lost in in next turn.Good move but i prefer to do anything to recapture their home region.For example denmark is in iceland they should built an army and attack the swedish,no point in sitting there.Or genoa has a region in givraltar,its crucial for them to raise an army and attck my in their home region)
    so about CAI defence i focus in 3 sectors 1st(most important) hold the home region(capital) at all costs,even if needed to weaken all the other regions and sent troops to capital 2nd reenforcing weak regions by all means,but not weaking the capital defence 3rd helping allies if possible and if not endangering your regions.
    About CAi offence they should recapture their capital and attack if they have the strength
    Your file has done much of them keep up the good work
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 15, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

Patrician

Sir Aggelos I am going to upload a new version with some of your suggested ideas tommorrow

Patrician

UPDATE: Better defense of home regions and capitals, more population unrest-if you lose a battle or lose a region the population will be unhappy.

I will take a look of it.the advanced platoon firing version in which post it is?

Patrician

Post 7.

Hey man I was wondering how to change the power and speed of a cavalry charge(or are the values one in the same). I kind of liked the old DME 8.0.1 cavalry better.

Also in order to play your new updated versions do I need to start another campaign? Or can I keep playing the saves that I started when I used your previous version?
    Last edited by Smartbomb; June 16, 2013 at 09:01 PM.