Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Foederatus

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran, i really love your mod. I playes with version 1 volley fire and last time i tried a british campaign with post #15 fire by rank. It is really a intensive campaing experience. I don`t know why the "normal" Darthmod AI is not able to make big armies and build big states...

Your mod gives real enemies as challenges. The only thing i don`t like is that in the battles every man and every musket in a line fires at the same seccond. Im playing with the musket sound mod and its so great with this realistic sounds and getting a new tech for fire by rank and so on... but with your mod every man fires at the same time and this takes away the cinematic experience of the battle.

Could you please make a version of your mod without your fire animations, so that it is possible to explore the techs? But with your new AI in Campaig?

This would be great!

Thank you Man! :-))

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

alasslassloa-that would be a MAJOR overhaul to do. So if you want that mechanic then what you should do is-uninstall Darthmod and use the vanilla game using Bran campaign AI mod and AUM unit mod and any of the graphics mod out there and all factions unlocked mod ect-pick and choose what you want and taylor the game that you want to play with various mods. The volley fire is there because it helps the AI in battles as the other firing animations are buggy.

Foederatus

Hi Bran, i understand. It really does not have to be that much. But hey, i have had very interesting experience!

I started a new campaign with your Version #7 Advanced Platoon Fire, Fire by Rank for Lines and Volley Fire for Snipers. What can i say? This is exactly want i was looking for :-)
    I am in Turn 12 and my British Line Infantery shoots exactly as i wish. They dont use fire by rank, they fire just like as they do in darthmod before you have the tech "fire by rank". How can that be? :-) But thats really great. Now i will research the tech "fire by rank" than i will test it, if they use "fire by rank". Because the campaign is still very early, i don`t have elite infantery.

Thank you very much for your work! Its really great. The game is now 9 years old and its the FIRST TIME, i have a really challenging gameplay in a campaign. Actually i fight against the french for the two southernmost provinces in India. The frenchs have just embarked their third (!!!!) army to defense their interests! Never had this experience in a vanilla or darthmod campaign.

GREAT :-)) Thank you mate!

Is there any recommended battle and campaign difficulty level, when using the economy version of your mod?

Patrician

Hard/Hard

This mod and submod have many steps so I wanted to make a quick video showing you how I installed it so you can enjoy them both! If i did anything wrong or the devs want to add something please let me know in the comments! Hope this works so you can play this awesome mod!

When I played mod in last year it was some easy for me. Played on Normal/Normal difficulty. If I started campaign now VH/VH Super slaugther version with 40 units it will be great?

Patrician

Nederland- Use the Version on Post #23 Super Slaughter/Hard Economy on Very Hard/ Very Hard and then report back....Iwould like to know how it works out

Hi, I am using ADVANCED PLATOON FIRE/FIRE BY RANK-TIGHT FORMATIONS- Less Accuracy and More Ammo- by Request 239.4 file. on Post 17.
    And Ottoman turn is absurdly long, like it freezes.
    Any fix?

Patrician

Dolen-Did fix for your version-test it out-you might have to start an new game.

I'll try new campaign for sure. What I noticed when played last times all units already have bayonets and "square formation". They have it without research in technology tree. There is possible to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Dolen-Did fix for your version-test it out-you might have to start an new game.
    OMG, so quick thank you!
    I'm gonna test it out right away. Darthmod is no longer complete without your mod for me.

Btw, ADVANCED PLATOON FIRE/FIRE BY RANK-TIGHT FORMATIONS- Less Accuracy and More Ammo- by Request 239.4 filea on Post 17 still has too good accuracy for my liking.
    Is the accuracy that it applies as good as the 50% less accuracy version? IF NOT, I want the version I'm using to apply the same 50% less accuracy if possible.

And could you also add NEW MORAL SETTING to it? I am sorry if I'm asking too much.

On second thought, I think accuracy is fine as it is, so please forget about that

Now the problem I see is the morale; they take canister to the face from a line of cannons and still fighting...

Patrician

Nederland-it is that way cause the AI has a problem with researching military tech-the Ai is a big problem that is why this mod was made to help fix those problems.
    Dolen- play battles on NORMAL and the ai will not get the morale buff.

Thanks for your reply Mac!

Btw charging cavalry stops right before the enemy with this mod...
    how to perform effective cavalry charge?

AI don't improve military research at all ?

Patrician

The AI has problems doing all sorts of things -that is why there is this mod to help the AI to some things better.

Hey mac,
    how to disable grenades and the stupid stakes deployed by skirmisher units?

Patrician

Dolen - db tables-unit_stats_land. Uncheck them. Use PFM.

Thanks for answering!

Ottoman lag is much less and it's working better

Btw, would it be possible to add NEW MORALE setting to the mod I'm using, that is, ADVANCED PLATOON FIRE/FIRE BY RANK-TIGHT FORMATIONS- Less Accuracy and More Ammo- by Request 239.4 file on Post 17?