Page 10 of 122 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

IŽd like to try out your MOD settings, but just to make sure, is this right setup: Empire TW- DarthMod 8.1- and then the file in this thread ?
    Thanks in advance

and I have forgotten, which of these 3 files should I download, whats the difference between them?

File one is Skirmish fire version all line units use Volley-Fire.
    File two is Fire By Rank all line units use Fire By Rank
    File three is Advanced Platoon Fire Elite units use Advance Platoon Fire all other line units use Fire by Rank.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes Darth Mod 8.01 . Make a back up of the original DME-darthmod file, then put this into your Empire Total War data folder and you are ready to play. I would recommend file one. Better BAI response. Feed back is would be nice.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I will continue on my report from my campaign.have played 85 turns.FRANCE EARLY CAMP VH/VH 40 minute battles
    Campaign looks difficult as it was in old dmuc.you are under pressure and you can easily lose a battle,if not careful enough.
    Untill turn 80 i played a little passive in europe being friendly with most nations.Noone declared war on me except iroquois and cherokee's that we were in war from the beggining of my campaign.
    The condition in europe looks as folowing.DUtch mastering central euope destroying austria prussia taken over poland and has invaded russia.Turkey is being invaded by dutch.austria is not dead because he has a region in north africa.The 2 armies of austria that were in savoy and sat there for many turns didnt help in time and now they sit in the alps just outside munchen(bavaria) and cant attack the dutch because they lack in numbers.If they have moved earlier possibly they could hold a region in continental europe.Maybe a new campaign would have quicker reaction,because the darthmod.pack i've started was very old.
    The sitting fleets/armies from GB and maratha at my islands/indian borders by the time we made a military alliance they all gone!GB invaded pirates(leeward islands) with 3 full stacks(pirates have 2 full stacks) the ones had loaded in their ships! and maratha moved to destroy mughals.In india mughals have revolted and changed their regime,they have some regions in the north of india.But maratha looks strong!if you give military access to maratha they bring armies to your borders.Spanish have kept their regions and have taken ceylon possibly from a trade(they dont appear much in my campaign).Plus Gb has taken over courland and posseses a region in continental europe.i wanted to see them transfer armies there, and attack from land for a share in europe.one more thing there i believe when a region conquers a region in hostile territory would be better to make in a military barracks so that he creates better troops,not a economical building that can only built militia.
    Military research for big nations is restored and gb and dutch have built the drill school.i have also noticed dutch dont recruit generals!
    armies are being repaired when needed i dont know if they repair flleets,but in my campaign they tranfer armies with fleets and some times sit in the seas for amny turn.Better to take decissions in cold and attack instead of sitting there.A played a terrible siege from the lag that it had,it was almost unplayable BUT by the time the wall broken lag was dissapeared!.before this i couldnt give an order.Nevertheless it was an interesting siege i attcked the capitol of genoa and savoy reenforced them.The reenforcements arrived get inside the walls and at the end of the battle savoy tried to attck us.Genoa stayed passive inside the walls and got massacred from quicklime shots.I can suggest when ai has the numbers and receives good reenforcements to go on offence and try to break the siege.If i have quicklime/carcass in howitzers i can taken them down easily.but it was a good siege,if they assembled all together and exit the walls would be better
    I also played a battle with genoa/savoy they recieved reenforcements and i killed all their units it was still appeared the red bar as if they had still an army.I searched the battlefield and could find any troops then time was out and i lost!
    in land battles cavalry movement/attch has been improved but i still want them to attck as one and not in waves.I remember a battle with iroquois they had reenforcements i had set up defensive position on a hill and keep killing them with cannons,howitzers, and puckle guns like flies.The problem here is that they didnt assemble and attack at the same time they attacked in small packs(cavalry first) and ofcourse my strong position with reserves kept and won the battle.Against, a full scale, all along the front attack could cause problem and i dont know if i could hold the mighty natives
    i dont know if we could give minor nations(pirates,barbary states,knights of saint john, etch more troops and ships so they could invade more,because some of them are a little passive
    also 5 minute ottoman lag from turn 80
    probably most of the things i write here could not exist if i start a new one,so i just report,
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 10, 2013 at 05:51 AM.

Al3XxX's Avatar Foederatus

Bran the attached file from first page, when I put DME_darthmod in data and start the game it crashes.

Yep same here: I just put the DME_darthmod.pack in data and replaced the old one. Now it always crashes when you start it.

hello bran

this mod doesnt seem to kill Otomans spam army bug?

Patrician

OK will fix problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    For those who requested it.Here is a mod using some of my DMN settings for DME. More aggressive coherent BAI and balanced CAI. More regional development, more naval invasions, Pirate invasions,new abilities,new building effects + more tweaks etc. Play on Hard/Hard.
    Make a backup of your DME-darthmod file located in Drive C rogram files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data.
    Copy and Paste THIS file into the Empire data folder. Best to start a New campaign. Feedback is most welcome. What is going on in your campaigns? BAI behavior etc. Have fun! Pick which version you would like to play:
    File one is Skirmish fire version all line units use Volley-Fire.
    File two is Fire By Rank all line units use Fire By Rank
    File three is Advanced Platoon Fire Elite units use Advance Platoon Fire all other line units use Fire by Rank.
    build 6/9/13
    Why does this say there are 3 files then when I download I only see one? Also why are there like 30 different downloads here? I can think of 3 different reasons for that

1. First post has an updated download with all available submods you create
    2. every update is an individual sub mod
    3. The latest update you posted is the latest product.

Can you please answer my questions and clarify some of my confusion.
    Last edited by Smartbomb; June 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Bactrians will be Big 8. "Farther East" means Bactria.
    After the Iceni reveal expect the unexpected.

Patrician

UPDATE: Fixed mistake in building effects table that caused crash. Complete rewrite of campaign difficulty handicaps and campaign ai behavior junctions and trigger effects. Campaign is now very tough and action packed with all sorts of behaviors you have not experienced. Pirates will be a a threat. Uploaded to post #1. Feed back is most welcome. Are the battles dangerous enough? Campaign entertaining?

Patrician

It is number 3- the latest post is the latest update. I upload the update to post #1. So always go to post number one to get the latest build.
    It you play the mod give some feed back or reports on your experience with it so I can add new ideas or fix things that are not working

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    It is number 3- the latest post is the latest update. I upload the update to post #1. So always go to post number one to get the latest build.
    It you play the mod give some feed back or reports on your experience with it so I can add new ideas or fix things that are not working
    Sorry to bombard you with more questions mac, but I for some reason I'm smellin a golden solution to all of DME's latest AI problems and I got another for ya.

Do you have a link to a video in which this sub mod is demonstrated?
    Last edited by Smartbomb; June 11, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Patrician

Smartbomb-file #2 is the FBR version. Go to post 1
    No one has posted any videos. Just try it and see.

yea just noticed that because at first only one download link was displayed and I really don't know why.

Ok thanks for the time for catering to my stupid question. I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to add a little greatness on top of darthmod and continue the search for a perfect ETW.
    Last edited by Smartbomb; June 11, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

some more things
    1) i see fleets with armies on them fighting naval battles.This is dangerous because ai can lose along with the naval battle the army loaded because ai rarely repairs ships.Armies should be loaded only if ai plans an invasion,if he changes plan he should unload at the following turn either in his home region or to reenforce one of his weak regions.NO FLEET ARMY MOVING.I can see them return to docks and neither they repair their ships nor unload the army loaded.The leave with the army on!Can you make them repair the fleets more often?
    2)High priority should be given to minor factions to built schools.This means new town and already ones should be transformed into schools.The same should happen with ports that should be made trading ports,expept pirates that dont need to trade.Second/third new towns should be done anything else but all nations if possible should have a school and trading port(expept pirates),this includes burning buildings and turn them into schools.Plus they get sitting gentlemen.For example Italian states in my campaign have weavers etc and have schools they have 3 sitting gentlemen
    3)I noticed some nations dont train generals.I can see the dutch and the swedish possibly the prussians too but i cant see their armies in the east if they have generals.But surely the 2 major nations no generals!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	674.1 KB 
ID:	281415

Look the picture the fleet in gb port has loaded the army it has fought many battles has lost many ships and its dangerous venturing outside the ports lifting blocades.It has never been repaired.the fleet of the dutch has been sitting for many turns in the north of britain now it moved it came to our coast,for 2 turns it has been moving front and back,they reached portugal blocaded the port didnt unload the army and then they left coming next to flanders again didnt unload the army altough he could.After unloading the army they should lift the blocade from the portuese in the port of rotterdam continuing for more than 20 turns
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 11, 2013 at 03:39 PM.

tried the newest one on existing campaign, still Ottoman 5-10 min bug

Patrician

UPDATE: All factions spend more on education and enlightenment, raised naval repair behavior, raised naval deployment, so better schools built, better naval repair and better naval invasions. Ottoman turn bug I am not getting, some do, some don't. Try lowering the Value Analysis Time Horizon to 4 in campaign ai personality junctions table see if that helps. Update uploaded to post 1

Hmm, what is that? (VA time horizon)
    Can You upload Your version of that file

Tnx in advance

Patrician

chopa-VA Time Horizon is in file already. Open the file with Pack File Manager and click db the scroll down and find campaign ai personality junctions table-open it and scroll down to the default section and it is there. Change the number then save. What this does is how many turns the AI plans its moves in advance-that is thinking ahead on what to do.

Already installed your file and i will test it
    Actually i had ottoman lag for one turn.In no terms have seen the rediculous 20 minutes delay so no big problem.
    I saw some problems with sieges.I invade florida and cherokee's move to destroy me.They moved 3-4 army stacks and besieged me twice.The first time they didnt have reenforcements they sent most of their infantry failed to capture the walls and kept all of the other troops behing my cannon/mortar range as idles.I had to sent my army outside the fort so that they move towards me,or wait untill time is over to have an easy victory.The proper startegy here is to batter the walls down with their artillery and in the case they dont have cannons lift the siege and leave.Sending troops outside fort when you are besieged is not very good idea,and could cause you a defeat.Better for ai to try break the walls or leave even though having troops
    In the second siege things were much worse.BAi had 1 army and 1 as reenforcements.they gathered out of range and simply didnt move towards the fort.I selected fast forward and 40 minutes passed= easy victory
    After this i tried to sell this region to my best allies and noone wanted it even i made good offers and asked for inferior regions to trade with,neither nations that were neutral accepted.Sometimes Cai becomes stubborn in region trading especially if this region has enemies nearby,and especially if you are about to lose the region you are trying to sell.
    3 pics to see the siege problems.
    Also o think strong europeans and relative passive weak nations should try to invade India more often to create action
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 12, 2013 at 09:52 AM.