Page 117 of 122 FirstFirst ... 176792107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2434

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Thanks for the mods! I have a problem though. New cannon projectiles are too much for my modest GPU- they look like smoking rockets and lower my fps to 20. Is there anyway I can turn off these? (My projectiles at DM launcher is already ticked off)

Addition: I'm using volley fire for all with correct CB plug in, Janissary Beylik Grenadiers cannot volley, only first line fires. In fact, they can't do any fire types as I unlocked them all.
    Last edited by alhoon; August 12, 2019 at 08:32 PM. Reason: double post

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

How do I know if its working?

Is the BAI's accuracy modified by the difficulty in all the different mods? Im looking for a Hard economy/regional development/volley fire/30% less accuracy that doesn't change the AI's accuracy with the difficulty modifier.

Hello Bran !

I am a big fan of your work !
    Currently I play platoon fire, tight formations, hard economy and I enjoy it verry much.
    But I have a question: it is possible that the advanced platoon fire not working ? Is not working for me
    Did i made a mistake whne I instaled the sub-mod or is a chance that you can take a look to see if it is any problem ?

Thanks a lot !

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

HB The accuracy was lowered in the unit tables-the ai will still get a small buff per difficulty.

Kogaion- Advance platoon fire is only for ELITE units. All others use rank and valley fire.

Guthar- Use this file from post # 1 DME_BSM_OFF.rar
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; August 16, 2019 at 03:49 AM.

Yes, I know, but my elite troops use only FBR, not platoon fire.
    Maybe I did something wrong when I instaled the game, or is something not set in elite units tabble (fireing mods) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kogaion View Post
    Yes, I know, but my elite troops use only FBR, not platoon fire.
    Maybe I did something wrong when I instaled the game, or is something not set in elite units tabble (fireing mods) ?
    you can edit these on DB:

unit_abilities
    unit_class_to_abilities
    unit_to_unit_abilities

Those three affects the unit abilities. if you didn't edit, remove or make it your entries the same the unit would use 2 abilities at the same time. Edit the unit_class_abilities or unit_abilities and make the different class fire either rank fire for medium infantry, platoon for heavy, volley fire for light or make the elite units use improved_platoon_fire. Then you can go to the unit_to_unit_abilities and add your entries one by one.

Thank you General !
    If the sub-mod dont work, I will modify the entries.
    Just wondering if I did somthing wrong when I instaled Darthmod and the Bran Sub-mod

I have a minor problem. Everytime I play Darthmod I never have bullet trails on. Everytime I install some of your files though and do a test battle there are bullet trails, I know for sure I have bullet trails off in the Darthmod launcher, but they are still there.

Patrician

Inbred- Go to POST#3 and use DME_BSM_ON.rar

"ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM)by SwissADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM)by Swiss" Is this just a drop in DM data folder?

Patrician

Squid-yes that is correct.

Libertus

what changes are made to the ottoman lag DB that bran provides. is it just simply editing the campaign ai manager file?

Hey Bran, really liking the mod! I do have a problem though, I am using the "#31 TIGHT FORMATIONS/VOLLEY FIRE/ 50% LESS ACCURACY/OTTOMAN BUG FIX"
    version and the issue is that militia type units easily out shoot line infantry. I believe this is for three reasons. The first is that they have way more people, I don't think this is good for balance, because unless I'm missing something militia should be the same size as line infantry. Giving them 1/3rd more men makes them amazingly resilient in a shootout and melee. The second is that their reload and accuracy is the same, again it doesn't really make sense that militia units would be as accurate as regular military units. The third is that their spacing seems looser, which allows a lot more men to fire at once.

Unless I'm missing something from my knowledge of the period on the matter or the intention of balance, militia were a lower quality soldier than regular line infantry, and were not organized into larger groups. I know in default DM they are bigger units, as are several Eastern units larger e.g. Isarilys, but this gives them massive advantages against European line infantry forces. I understand that nations like Austria and Russia might have had more men in a division, but this kinda ruins game balance. They already have better melee stats, giving them that many more men makes battles unbalanced in their favor.

I would suggest a possible fix - lower the number of men in these types of by about 20%, lower their reload rate by about 50% and accuracy by about 30% and give all units that are meant to fight as line infantry the same spacing - 0.65. This way they still have numbers to absorb fire for more 'important' units, but are unable to win the day by themselves through shooting. Otherwise there seems to be little point to having line infantry at all when militia can out perform them in everything but a melee, and even in a melee they will win if they shoot at the line infantry for a while first. I did a test with only 2 units on the field in a custom battle, 1 unit of Polish line fought 1 unit of euro militia, and the militia won by a mile. The AI shot down half the Polish line, then charged. Even though I used plug bayonets and counter-charged, the line infantry was thoroughly crushed by the militia. We're talking 70+% casualties for the line, and about 40% for the militia. That seems very unrealistic.

I also have an idea for a general improvement. If memory serves, the AI in Empire is unaware of the toggle light infantry behavior button. I did another test against the AI with just one unit of LI on either side, I used LIB and the AI didn't, needless to say it was very one-sided. I lost about 10% of my soldiers whilst the AI lost 30+% before I ended the battle. About the only solution I can think of for this is to make LI always use LIB once it is researched. That way it is always weak in melee, but always strong at skirmishing, and the AI has no choice but to use it properly lol. I think I did that myself back in the day when I modded Empire for a while, but I can't remember how. I know I made it so that all Light Infantry and Riflemen used light infantry behavior and it was on automatically. As it stands having light infantry in an army is nothing but a handicap for the AI as without LIB on Line infantry will easily out-shoot them and negate their ability to skirmish.

All that being said, I do really love the mass-volley tight spacing as it really makes the battles look realistic. The regular version with mass-volley has far too much shooting for my tastes, and realistically having somebody shoot a gun behind you with the barrel directly over your head would probably rupture your eardrums and definitely be unsafe to the point of causing regular friendly fire. Having just the fist two-ish lines fire is much nicer to look at and still allows for massive shooting. I'm loving it. Fire by rank I doubt was ever really a thing outside of the early days of musketry where there would be far fewer people with guns firing them, and thus be possible to control. But then the question is, why should Bob who reloads faster than Bill only fire when Bill is ready to fire as well? Doesn't really make sense to be honest. They should both shoot as often as humanly possible to maximize firepower of the unit.

Sorry for the wall of text. Great mod. Much love!

Alright, I'm a bit confused here, there's 117 pages of replies. Which version of the mod is the most recent and up-to-date?

Is there a comprehensive list of all the different versions?

Patrician

Aedarin- I would play battles on Normal difficulty-Militia already have lowered stats and Militita is only in the beginning few turns of the game once ai starts building they will not be recruited.
    IzhevskM44- First post of the thread give all the info on where the versions are.pick one.

good day sir im new in this game, im just want that the ai form a good fire line, recomend one archive, in the page 1 theres tow files named DME_darthmod which one i have to download. i dont speak english so be specific thankyou

Patrician

dacs-Use the first one-the first file on top-that is volley fire-best for battles.

Bran help, how do I install the super slaughter, tight formation, less accuracy, hard economy, rank fire etc etc version with Causa Belli? Do I install the DME version and then install the CB rank fire version? Or do you have to make a designated version for both CB and DME? Help ples

Patrician

Art just use the CB_2 file from the first post. You have to use one of the VOLLEY FIRE versions of Bran DME settings to be compatible with it.