Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: The War Room

Default Re: The War Room

Maybe it is 30% because its at 28% and cant see anything wrong.

How important night fighting generals are?

I mean, is it worth it to adopt a Night Fighter who has only 1 command star?

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Yes, night fighters can turn things around if the enemy doesn't have night fighters. You can defeat 1.5 stacks with 1 stack thanks to night fighting, even 2 stacks with 1 stack, but if he has 1 command star then I'm not sure about that. Regardless, it is very much worth it. Don't let the enemy know your night fighter generals, so you may have the element of surprise.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

When choosing whether to adopt a general or not, there are a TON of things to factor

Is he a Night Fighter? Does he have movement bonus? Is he a natural commander? Is he a promissing commander or a proven one, cause a Proven one can't get any more command. Does he have line of sight bonus? How much loyalty does he have?

Probably lots of other things to factor

But yes, Night Fighter is a very important trait to have
    Last edited by Uriyaca; May 25, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Thank you both! I know that there are few Night Fighting generals, only the very best ones get to be that, so I may adopt him.

Uriyaca, I have never seen any problems with loyalty. I undestand the only risk is going rebel? It depends only on loyalty? Can you explain me how does that really works?

Thank you!

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Risk is getting bribed by the enemy, but the enemy would need a diplomat with high influence to bribe a general. You can't bribe a guy with 3 loyalty stars, even if you have like 70k gold. I tested it, in a real hotseat once Razed all my lands, got 70k, still couldn't bribe him and he only had quarter stack army. So yeah, if the enemy has a high influence diplomat, he can bribe your low loyalty general.

Generals do not go rebel under any circumstance.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by jemdkyl View Post
    Try telling that to Uriyaca :-D (Aurane Waters)

Quote Originally Posted by jemdkyl View Post
    Risk is getting bribed by the enemy, but the enemy would need a diplomat with high influence to bribe a general. You can't bribe a guy with 3 loyalty stars, even if you have like 70k gold. I tested it, in a real hotseat once Razed all my lands, got 70k, still couldn't bribe him and he only had quarter stack army. So yeah, if the enemy has a high influence diplomat, he can bribe your low loyalty general.

Also, single unloyal generals are stealed esier by princeses, right?

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo del Sur View Post
    Also, single unloyal generals are stealed esier by princeses, right?
    If they're not marries then yes, in Westeros even moderate loyalty generals are easily taken due to receding and no rule percentage rule.

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

I don't understand the naval fort bug, what does it mean to use a navy to bypass a fort or settlement's zone of control? Could someone provide an example, please?

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

Basically, a fort has a 3x3 zone of control, where no enemy or neutral armies can pass. The naval fort bug involves placing an army on a ship, placing the ship by the shore, and telling the army to leave the navy by clicking behind this fort.

I am making another one of my "beautiful" drawings right now. I'll post it soonish

EDIT:
    OK, so here is the legend for the drawing:

• The brown splotches in the sea are supposed to be boats
    • The blue circles are your armies
    • the black/brown squares are enemy forts
    • the red squares are the enemy fort's zone of control
    • The arrow thing is supposed to be your mouse
    • The navy with the blue flag thing is your navy with your army on board.

I think imgur reduced the resolution on it. It was much sharper when I made it. It still gets the point across though
    Last edited by complete noob:(; May 25, 2013 at 09:35 PM.

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

Sweet, looking forward to it! The rule still confuses me though, because surely if say Lannister has a fort on the shoreline blocking the Reach from invading by land, the Reach is still allowed to sail right around it to besiege Lannisport? Or is it more tied into just using it to quickly avoid the zone of control?

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

I hope the pic answers your question. It is only about the Zone of Control. The issue mainly comes up when long fort walls are used.

Quote Originally Posted by gangstamaori View Post
    Sweet, looking forward to it! The rule still confuses me though, because surely if say Lannister has a fort on the shoreline blocking the Reach from invading by land, the Reach is still allowed to sail right around it to besiege Lannisport? Or is it more tied into just using it to quickly avoid the zone of control?
    It is allowed to sail around a fort. What you cannot do is place your army into a boat by the shore so when you order disembark them, they walk through the red dots (enemy ZoC) without they getting blocked. That is a BUG, the other thing is just military tactic!

If you want to defend Lannisport, just have a full stack around, since you cannot block the acces by sea

It is allowed to sail around a fort. What you cannot do is place your army into a boat by the shore so when you order disembark them, they walk through the red dots (enemy ZoC) without they getting blocked. That is a BUG, the other thing is just military tactic!

If you want to defend Lannisport, just have a full stack around, since you cannot block the acces by sea
    Lies

Just ask Louis. In War of Wrath I had like 20 forts in the Westerlands. Most of them along the sea blocking him from attacking my cities

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    Lies

Just ask Louis. In War of Wrath I had like 20 forts in the Westerlands. Most of them along the sea blocking him from attacking my cities
    You can block Casterly Rock and may be some others. But not Lannisport since it is only one block away from the shore and you cannot place forts without leaving a tile in between.

Or may be yo have discovered something I didnt. In that case, please show me how!

EDIT: May be is because of the Mod, I'm just talking about KORAH, dont know if you can do it in YB

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

You can block Casterly Rock and may be some others. But not Lannisport since it is only one block away from the shore and you cannot place forts without leaving a tile in between.

Or may be yo have discovered something I didnt. In that case, please show me how!

EDIT: May be is because of the Mod, I'm just talking about KORAH, dont know if you can do it in YB
    See, you don't have to block Lannisport, you can make it part of the blockade, cities and castles also have a zone of control impassable by enemies.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

But then he can just besiege the city anyway, unless Lann has extra forces

But the way it is positioned he can only have 1 army besiege Lannisport at a time. Which is very easy to defeat.

But the defense only works with unlimited forts

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    See, you don't have to block Lannisport, you can make it part of the blockade, cities and castles also have a zone of control impassable by enemies.
    My intention was to block Lannisport (and the one of the other player I think too). I've tried and you can, as Noob says, block it so only one or two armies (depending on rules) can lay siege. But it is still a risk.

The conclusion of all this is... damm ironborns! Jeje

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Not sure if this is a bug. When subbing Lannie, I can sally from his port and attack Hoare's fleets separately, as his has put them too far away. Is this a legal move in your opinion?