Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: The War Room

Default Re: The War Room

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    Yes, although it is possible for one character to give his lordship to another and so forth. I think the limit is 7 or 8 at most as that is the max amount of ancillaries one can get.
    Yep, that part I knew, wasnt sure about the otherone! Thank you! So summing up I'll be sending two generals per army if possible

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Remember that in Enhanced and FAB that not all settlements have lordships. Only the major ones I think. KoRaH has them all fleshed out although most only offer a loyalty bonus. But some, like Pinkmaiden and Dragonstone offer +1 to command which is quite awesome when you have generals like Edwin Tully and Connington who are in dire need of Command points.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Remember that in Enhanced and FAB that not all settlements have lordships. Only the major ones I think. KoRaH has them all fleshed out although most only offer a loyalty bonus. But some, like Pinkmaiden and Dragonstone offer +1 to command which is quite awesome when you have generals like Edwin Tully and Connington who are in dire need of Command points.
    Didnt kwon that! Now I understand why some guys wouldnt get anything even after some turns!

Is there any list of the bonuses of the different Lordships? Or at least the relevant ones?

Other than checking the mod files themselves I would say no. A quick scan through showed that on Enhanced the Vale is complete, Dorne is complete, and the Iron Isles are mostly if not all complete. All other factions have holes in them with Lannister, Stark, Tyrell being the worst. It is also worth noting that Kings Landing has no lordship either for obvious reasons.

On FAB Badger has added so many new settlements that I don't think he has had time to go through and make one for all. Especially for the little ones.
    Last edited by The Forgotten; April 23, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

Trying to understand how AR works came into this question:

I have seen that when fighting battles with more than one army, if the odds are good enough the reinforcements dont get any action (kills or casualities), but if you dont summon the reinforcements, the odds change and you may even not win the battle.

So, taking that into account, is it more convenient to put the "expensive/powerful" unit in the reinforcing army so they dont suffer any casualities and the only ones who die are cheaper units such as Levys and Spearmen?

How do you decide this? Because, also, if they dont get any action I guess they wont get experience either.

Correct me if any of my assumptions are wrong
    Last edited by Diablo del Sur; April 25, 2013 at 02:06 PM.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That thought never came into my mind

Usually when something like this accures is when you storm a settlement and you have more forces without siege equipment, usually they don't lose a single unit while if you didn't attack with them you would've lost

I guess it could be true, but I would not adapt that as a personal strategy myself

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

There are TONS of ancillaries in 0.71 and 0.8 :-p

Which is the recreuitable unit with more movement points in game? (Including non-military)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

well..... cavalry....
    duh

Edit: oh wait I saw you also wrote non-military, all types of agenst I think!
    Except Beron Stark in KORAH probably

That was what I was wondering... priests? princescess? diplomats? Just was wondering who is best for scouting!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Usually spies are best for scouting, being that usually they are a line of sight bonus. Also they can spy on enemy armies for you!

But since there are no spies in Westeros, then diplomats I guess

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Diplomats and princesses have terrible LOS though :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

lol, one of the best thing about Stannis is that he has a HUGE line of sight bonus. I use him to scout all the time, and also being that he has +20 movement he can also travel further to scout

I have taken to the habit of killing off any diplomats or princesses in my land that have no business there. So far I am quite enjoying it, although it is only a matter of time until someone starts an angry mob and makes me stop.

I have taken to the habit of killing off any diplomats or princesses in my land that have no business there. So far I am quite enjoying it, although it is only a matter of time until someone starts an angry mob and makes me stop.
    Jajaja! How do you kill them? Do you sorround them and then move another unit to their possition?

OT: Question: When Auto Resolving Siege battles, does it matters which kind/how much of equipment we build?

Pretty much. Can be a pain as a whole 9 units are usually needed though.

I don't think so. I much prefer ladders. Quick to make and I have never really been at a disadvantage for using them.

Rhaegal's Avatar Miles

In autoresolve, is it better to have many units with low numbers of troops, or to combine units after a defeat?

If someone backstabs you, it only means you should have gotten them sooner.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegal View Post
    In autoresolve, is it better to have many units with low numbers of troops, or to combine units after a defeat?
    You can either combine them or retrain them, although if you combine them retraining cost will be lower - make sure you combine high experience units with other high experience units, otherwise you will lower the experience points of the new unit you make.

If you have more than one General in your army, is it possible to choose which one is in charge of it? I mean, sometimes you dont want the 5tar general and you prefer +MP a lousy general can give you.