Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 106085100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2229

Thread: The War Room

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The War Room

Testing the water for a new Westeros HS using the new map/ADOS mod, anyone else interested?

Ramsay Snow's Avatar Senator

I was playing a solo hotseat and the ADoS mod kept crashing at the end of turn 26. I'm trying to see if there is anything that can be done. Anyone know if this?
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; February 26, 2018 at 02:31 PM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Why would you play solo hotseat, and not a singleplayer?

Well, these things are usually random, and can be avoided if you for example go back one turn (or more), and replay, so you somehow avoid it. Or considering you are alone, you can turn your faction AI, and turn it back human after the crashy turn passes...
    Last edited by Jadli; February 26, 2018 at 04:18 PM.

Ramsay Snow's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Why would you play solo hotseat, and not a singleplayer?
    To test out the hotseat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Well, these things are usually random, and can be avoided if you for example go back one turn (or more), and replay, so you somehow avoid it. Or considering you are alone, you can turn your faction AI, and turn it back human after the crashy turn passes...
    I forgot about that. I honestly dont know if that is the solution this tine around, but I will try. Thanks.

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    With this, no different to my resignation of Gaming Staff 8 months ago, i refuse to partake - you win, now kindly leave my life alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    It's with sincere regret and a heavy heart that I draw that line here.I wish the remaining GS good fortune in the wars to come. Regards
    Welcome to the ranks of the fallen my brothers.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    Sighs.... Do you have any idea how many modders are working on the development of "Game of Thrones" scenarios ? I can certainly say that the community will not run out of content as there are still capable persons left to step up and develop what we have now, the Westeros Section will not die just because Soul and Parafix left they would make you believe. No one said that everything is going to be well if the players return, it is something we will have to see as you said, but the fact that these two left doesn't mean that the Westeros Section will be crippled.
    Contrary what you're inclined to believe, I can certainly say that I did not say the section would simply die. But it will slacken in raw development initiative, especially for hotseat specific content, which is somewhat lacking as a whole. And the other GoT content I've seen has been, to put it in the friendliest way possible, slack.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    Contrary what you're inclined to believe, I can certainly say that I did not say the section would simply die. But it will slacken in raw development initiative, especially for hotseat specific content, which is somewhat lacking as a whole. And the other GoT content I've seen has been, to put it in the friendliest way possible, slack.
    There are a couple of reasons for the decline in Westeros related content. The fact that 1.0 still hasn't been released after 7 or 8 years of development has resulted in a general disinterest in the Westeros Modding Section. That place is a graveyard and the once thriving submod community is dried up and dead. There hasn't been a significant Westeros related submod release in years besides the work done by former GS.

Also, it can take years to develop a new mod from scratch with a new map/factions/features/etc. The overwhelming amount of mods we use right now are simply re-skins on the same maps with only changes slight made to playable factions and character names/pictures. The best option is for people to get together and start working on new projects as a team, because there won't be any development if someone doesn't take initiative.
    Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; February 26, 2018 at 09:59 PM.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Soul, and Parafix were the biggest losses of this community. Sure, we will probably have the members in exile return and it will reactivate general, but Westeros will likely die. I personally will not play in anything but A Song of Ice and Fire related content by Soul/Para as i've been here long enough to have worn myself out in the various other Westeros mods. The fact the Hex's are ok, and are not making a big deal about this is surprising, and leads me to believe they don't really care. If they really did care and didn't want this section to die which by extent is the best section to seemingly grow the community via the die hard GoT/Song of Ice and Fire fans.

Gaming Emeritus

There is also the italian huge ASOIAF mod, which captainnorway is working on a hotseat patch for it I believe... Might help him once I finish some of the current stuff...

Anyway, not saying I know more than you about what happened between the hex/Soul/Para that caused them to leave, but from what I can gather from their posts it seems it was their own decision to leave, not forced by the hex... Pretty sure they wanted them to stay too
    Last edited by Jadli; February 27, 2018 at 04:40 AM.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

No, forced.
    To think we of all people would willingly leave this section when no one has been as devoted as us two, is rather silly. We had only one option once Hader decided to destroy the foundations of GS and the HS sections.
    And to respond to Gimli, their are plenty of people wanting the HS community shut down on TWC. Recent actions, and that now being deemed acceptable, will eventually result in GED acting on Hotseats no differently than how he did with the Minecraft section.

During my previous absence, everyone was waiting on the release of our work to kick Westeros back to life, we released an early beta of a mod for hotseats, and then went on to develop individual mods / maps for hotseating, reshaping systems to attract a larger audience. Out of experience working with the people who think they can kickstart anything back to life, is essentially submodding. The community lacks fresh ideas, and everything that's happened in the last 2 years with new systems, has been based on plans / designs of myself and Soul. That's not being big headed, just simply a fact.

Within time, if the core issues that we have issues with, have not been addressed, and Westeros turns into the same state as TATW, we'll either accept an apology from Hex, with the necessary actions being made, or we'll maintain Westeros hotseats elsewhere. For now, we'll sit and give ya'll a chance. Rarely i'm ever shown to be wrong, so may as well see if anyone can show that mindset up.
    Last edited by Parafix; February 27, 2018 at 05:13 AM.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Yeah, damn that Hader guy amirite?

Think whatever you will of what was done and why, but the fact is that the decision to not participate here with your content in hotseats was and still is entirely up to you. That was entirely your choice. As is how you wish to proceed in the future.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post

Think whatever you will of what was done and why, but the fact is that the decision to not participate here with your content in hotseats was and still is entirely up to you. That was entirely your choice. As is how you wish to proceed in the future.
    Yeah damn having principals, morals and a form of common sense, lets me down all the time. As i said, we'll give everything time. Ya'll either succeed or i'll be right. 100% accuracy in the last 8 months, is rather disappointing.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    It's a Hader! Burn the Hader!
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Yeah damn having principals, morals and a form of common sense, lets me down all the time. As i said, we'll give everything time. Ya'll either succeed or i'll be right. 100% accuracy in the last 8 months, is rather disappointing.
    Have you not spent that time saying how it's immoral and senseless to throw tantrums and cause division and strife in the community?
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Gaming Emeritus

Seems the day, nobody have believed in anymore, has finally come http://www.moddb.com/mods/westeros-t...ds/wtw-10-beta
    (Korpskog says it should be well balanced for hotseats, naturally apart from changes to descr_strat and scripts, that is however not gonna require you to download any additional patch....)

Now GRRM only has to finally release WoW...
    Last edited by Jadli; February 28, 2018 at 12:04 PM.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

lol but im not sure if the release is happening or not :p

Anyways 1.0 would attract a huge crowd so you would not be forced to play halfdone so called mods.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

A 1.0 release is exactly what we need. However, I'm not going to be getting my hopes up that it will be released today.
    Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; February 28, 2018 at 12:44 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, the hope dies last...

Gaming Emeritus

Well, its now officially out Bel. No joke

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Any good? If it's got stability roughly around, say, Stainless Steel, then I'm game. Now, if it needs a few patches, won't bother 'till the patches come along.