Something that I would like to change is the pace of combat. It seems to be over far too quickly. This is speaking from the perspective of Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai. Forgive the lack of paragraphs as for some reason the site is not letting me make them. My first concern is that units rout too quickly. My second concern is that kill rates are too quick as well. These issues are present in both Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai. In Shogun 2 I am posed with the option to increase unit sizes by a large margin so that kill rates do not eliminate a unit as quickly. There is also the option to increase melee defence though I don't know by how much nor how that will impact the overall balance of the mod. I could increase the HP in battle entities but I am also not sure how that would impact the overall balance of the mod. In Fall of the Samurai I would like to make it so that only the first line fires for all units, save for kneel fire, and see if that slows down the combat. Not sure how to do that though. I tried looking in unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions and do not see any lines there that have to do with mass_fire etc. On top of all that I wonder if increasing morale all the way around would make battles lost longer. TL/DR: I would like some advice on what to mod to make units/battles last longer (at least two times longer than they currently do).