Thread: [Released] LTC Gold Finish v1

Icon1 [Released] LTC Gold Finish v1

This mod will provide you a whole new experience of M2TW.
    More aggressive AI, new units, and realistic armor.

Feel free to donate with paypal:chelydra0426@yahoo.com.tw
    Thank you for your support!
    My English is not good(but good enough to create this mod though) so please ask me if you can not understand what I wrote here. I'll try to explain again!

This mod is designed for the Lands to Conquer Gold Edition.
    Download link(v1.0): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByC...WPAhND5RaALaWg
    Download link(v1.1): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iUd...ew?usp=sharing

I started the idea and the project in 2009. I feel so proud that I have finished this project! This is a very hard work with enormous obstacles.

I once gave it up.The goal of this project is to create an extreme realistic battle. Actually, I collected a lot of mods from other modders, these mods are public and the permissions are given. I tested them on the LTC and combined them for easy installation.

***Ver. 1.1***(2022/Oct/20)
    I Nerfed the melee attack of all elephant units. Now we have a chance to win a melee fight against these beasts.

***Ver. 1.0***(2013/Apr/06)
    My project includes following mods (You may search them on the Total war center for the details):

My project includes following mods (You may search them on the Total war center for the details):
    1.Better Water 2 (Occhi Di David)
    2.High Quality Sky Textures Project 1.0 (Hereje)
    3.New strat map captains (Lord Condormanius)
    4.Early general Mod v0.2 (plasticfigurine)
    5.Latinkon model fix v1.1 (zxiang1983)
    6.Ghost_Helmets_fix_1.2 (zxiang1983)
    7.M2TW_Unit_Addon_V1 *series (Yiu_DJC)
    8.Ultimate AI 1.6 (GrandViZ)
    9.Permanent arrow (I appreciated an unknown author of TW center)
    10.XAI battle Formations. (Xeryx)Honor to these great modders!

So, what are MY changes?
    1.Cavalry charge is now unstoppable in most circumstances but this doesn't mean that they are unbeatable. Some times, they were just getting crused while they were crushing their opponents!

2.All Unit masses were preciously calculated. Horeses and elephants are not easy to stop.

3.Morale rebalanced. Elite units tend to fight to the last gasp.

4.Armor values vastly rebalanced. I think This is the best part of my project. Horse armor is considered, all armor level is preciously calculated. It has the range of 0-14 armor values. Units will have the same armor value if they have the same appearance. Heavily armored troops are immune from arrows while unarmored troops are more vulnerable to missiles.

Ex. An well-armored soldier mounting an well-Armored horse get the same armor parameter as a well-armored foot soldier while a well-armored soldier mounting an unArmored horse get the half armor parameter as a well-armored foot soldier.

5.HRE's borderline is now visible.

6.Reworked Missile's range, velocity, damage and projectile trait.

7.Boiling oil's sound effect and damage were restored.

8.Towers are now deadly, broader firing angle and range.

9.Pikemen are now one of the best melee defenders. I didn't remove its second weapon, their sword. Actually, I think this is the best performance of pikes among the TW center mods that aim to enhance the pike efficiency.

10.Units were localized. ex. French army will get some penalty against Russian in icy conditions. Not to mention the desert troops against the nothern troops in snowy warfare, and vice versa.

11.Apply the campaign ai section of the Ultimate AI 1.6 pack. Its campaign ai is very aggressive but not attack everyone.

12.New units were added. (Many thanks to Yiu_DJC)
    Kurdish Auxiliaries (turks)
    Dismounted Quapukulu (turks)
    Feudal Sergeants (france)
    English Spearmen (england)
    Dismounted Demi Lancers (england)
    Dismounted Norse War Clerics (denmark)
    Halbardiers (spain, portugal)
    Dismounted Teutonic Knights (HRE)
    Gothic Foot Knights (HRE)
    Dismounted Knights Templar (england, scotland, france, denmark, poland, hungary, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily)
    Dismounted Knights Hospitaller (england, scotland, france, denmark, poland, hungary, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily)
    Dismounted Knights of Santiago (spain, portugal)
    Dismounted Tsars Guard (russia)
    Dismounted Dragoon (portugal)
    Dragoon (portugal)
    Dismounted Hussars (hungary, poland)
    Dismounted Polish Retainers (poland)
    Abyssinian Guard (moors)
    Dismounted Khassaki (egypt)
    Khassaki (egypt)
    Saracen Swordsmen (egypt)
    Squires (venice, Milan, sicily)
    Squires (scotland, england, france, HRE)
    Swordsmen (egypt, turks)
    Swordsmen (poland, russia)
    Dismounted Kataphractoi (byzantium)
    Byzantine Heavy Spearmen (byzantium)

13.Three siege engines per unit. Designed for large or huge units setting.

14.French chivalric knight is now mounted on a mailed horse.

And more is awaiting for your discovering!

This is a very fine submod except the armor upgrade of the custom battle so I suggest you not to upgrade armor in the custom battle for the reasonable performance.

How to install my project:
    Step 0. Install the LTC Gold properly.
    Step 1. Remove all IDX and DAT files from your "landstoconquer\data\sounds" folder. (Skip this step will lose some sound effects)
    Step 2. Copy the data folder of this mod and replace the "landstoconquer\data" folder.
    Step 3. Edit the Launch_LandsToConquer.bat as below:kingdoms.exe @landstoconquer.cfg --io.file_first

DONE! START the LTC!

And I would like to suggest you to install the mods below:
    1. Real Horses v1.0 (As the author emphasized that he WILL NEVER GIVE SUB MODS A PERMISSION OF USE so you have to download and install it by yourself. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2040

2. Condottiere SOG Battle AI (I tried tons of Battle AIs, this is the best. Although the human brain is always better.
    To install, Remove these two files from landstoconquer\data:
    descr_formations_ai
    descr_formations

Then copy the files below and replace the original files (landstoconquer\data).
    battle_configconfig_ai_battle
    descr_particledescr_pathfinding
    descr_pathfindingdescr_skeleton

3. Condottiere SOG's skeleton file. It has melee weapon strike_distance corrections for various weapons so that units may use two weapon combinations more effectively. Simply replace the Condottiere SOG Battle AI's descr_skeleton file.

4.Xeryx's battle Formation. Simply extract the descr_formations_ai to the landstoconquer\data folder.

5.LTC hotseat. (Credits to Nem) This mod allows you to play one of the six campaigns in hotseat mode. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...seat-campaign&

Here is how to do it:
    _ in your main game folder, go to "landstoconquer/data/world/maps/campaign/custom".
    _ There should be 6 folders, one for each campaign. Right-click and copy the folder of the campaign you want to play in hotseat mode.
    _ go to "landstoconquer/data/world/maps/campaign" and paste the folder in there (there should be a folder named "custom" as well).
    _ rename the folder you just pasted to "imperial_campaign" _ backup the file named mtw2.int located in your "landstoconquer/data/menu" folder.
    _ Download the file attached at the bottom of this post.
    _ extract it and copy the "data" folder it contains in your "landstoconquer" folder. One file will be overwriten.
    _ light a candle in Lusted's memory, who joined the dark side of the force, and enjoy the best mod around with your best friend.

Here are some pictures:
    ↓New captain model

↓Permanent arrow

↓Frence Chivalric knights ride mailed horses. They are tougher than before.

↓Squires and dismounted demi lancers. Pikemen are no longer an useless unit.

↓Dismounted knights hospitaller and knights templar.

↓Aggressive campaign AI. AI will invade and defense you with large stacks.

Go finding out a lot more features by yourself NOW!

Comment is welcome!

Have fun!
    Last edited by kuo0426; October 20, 2022 at 03:20 AM.
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

Default Re: [Released] LTC Gold Finish v1

Please leave comments thanks!
    Last edited by kuo0426; April 06, 2013 at 02:41 AM.
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

That's a great deal of work, + rep for effort.
    However, I would say that the "Core" of LTC is ... LTC AI. Changing that means that IMO this mod is a XAI mod or UAI mod. Nevertheless, congratulations for finishing your project.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Wow, this looks nice, might try it out when I get the time. +rep!

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    That's a great deal of work, + rep for effort.
    However, I would say that the "Core" of LTC is ... LTC AI. Changing that means that IMO this mod is a XAI mod or UAI mod. Nevertheless, congratulations for finishing your project.
    I only extract the campaign AI of the UAI 1.6 pack.

LTC AI is somehow peaceful

I suggest you to try it and you will see my works
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I'm not judging how the CAI works. Just saying that IMO if you don't use the AI of a certain mod (LTC, UAI etc), then the submod should belong to that AI mod.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I'm not judging how the CAI works. Just saying that IMO if you don't use the AI of a certain mod (LTC, UAI etc), then the submod should belong to that AI mod.
    Do you mean that my submod is a UAI 1.6 mod in your opinion? because I adopted the UAI?

BTW, what is the abbreviation "IMO"??

There is a few additional easy steps to install my mod while retain ALL LTC AI.

Simply remove these three files from my submod (data folder) before copy and replace:
    descr_campaign_ai_db
    descr_diplomacy
    descr_faction_standing

And edit these "descr_strat" files from my submod (data/world/maps/campaign/custom/each campaigh folder)
    Open these files and search "ai_label"
    Then change each religious to the default by comparing the original "descr_strat" file.

And do NOT install the suggested mod 2, 3 and 4.

I hope you find my mod worth playing now
    Last edited by kuo0426; April 11, 2013 at 08:34 PM.
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

395 views.

I'm looking forward to your comment!
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

Looks cool -- I have a couple questions,

Did you add all the units that Yiu made ?

What do you mean about the Custom Battles and unit-armor upgrades? Will the game crash, or do you just mean that it will make the units too strong?

Is there a way to remove the permanent arrows, better water/skies? --(for me it will make the game lag)

I'm going to have to download LTC gold, and your mod at some point - when I have some time to play - this looks very neat =)

Quote Originally Posted by PrestigeX View Post
    Looks cool -- I have a couple questions,

Did you add all the units that Yiu made ?
    No, I picked some of them, not all.

What do you mean about the Custom Battles and unit-armor upgrades? Will the game crash, or do you just mean that it will make the units too strong?
    For example, In the grand campaign, upgrading the dismounted feudal knights from heavy mail to partial plate armor will give this unit additional 4 armor points. But in the custom battle, you only have maximum additional 3 armor points available due to the limitation of the game core.

That's all, the game will not crash.

Is there a way to remove the permanent arrows, better water/skies? --(for me it will make the game lag)
    Simple. Do these steps to my mod before install my mod.

For removing the permanent arrow, remove the "descr_effect_impacts" file from the data folder.

For removing the Water mod, remove the following files/folder from the data folder: (in fact, this water mod works only if you have checked the "reflection" effect in the video settings)
    BETTER_WATER
    descr_water.txt
    descr_water_effects.txt
    descr_water_interaction_effects.txt
    descr_water_types.txt

For removing the sky mod, remove the "globallighting" folder form the data folder.

I'm going to have to download LTC gold, and your mod at some point - when I have some time to play - this looks very neat =)
    Thankyou sire
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

Hey thank you for the speedy answers =)

Well, Yiu did make a lot of units -- I can see how many of them imbalance the rosters. But I'm thinking you probably added the best ones.

Thanks for the info about the permanent arrows, water , etc.

Understood about the armor and unit-stats, that makes sense. It's going to be really cool to see how the pikemen are going to work because, I found a lot of mods they removed the swords - which makes the pike units invincible, God Mode kind of thing. . . to see how they will work as a very strong unit, without being overpowered has me very curious.

Take Care!

This is a video of how my pikemen combact.

They are strong melee fighter now, but they can be easily crashed by flanking and missiles.

There are some tricks to order your pikemen, for example, order them to move and attack again to reform the pike formation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VGTLozlhn8
    Last edited by kuo0426; May 06, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

I have a question, the submods you recommended, can I install all of them at once?

Is there a way to remove the additional units?

To b257 and Han Fang An:

Yes. I'll make a guide, step by step, when I have free time.
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

I apologize for my late response!

Quote Originally Posted by Han Fang An View Post
    Is there a way to remove the additional units?
    Step 1: Open this file(export_descr_unit) and find the units that you don't want. Write the "type" entries down so you can look it up on the "export_descr_buildings".
    Step 2: Open this file(export_descr_buildings) and find the corresponded units.
    Step 3: Remove the whole line in the "export_descr_buildings" so you and AI will not be able to recruit the designated unit in the campaign.

For example, you don't like the "Feudal Sergeants". The entry of this unit in the "export_descr_unit" is:
    type Feudal Sergeants

You will find the text below in the "export_descr_buildings":
    recruit_pool "English Spearmen" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { england, }
    recruit_pool "Feudal Sergeants" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { france, }
    recruit_pool "Almughavars" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { spain, portugal, }

Remov the whole line as follow:
    recruit_pool "English Spearmen" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { england, }
    recruit_pool "Almughavars" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { spain, portugal, }

Remember to find ALL entries in the "export_descr_buildings" and remove them.

Done.

You and AI will not be able to recruit the designated unit in the campaign.
    Last edited by kuo0426; August 21, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

This is just an example, I don't recommend you to remove the "Feudal sergeants" because this unit is a replacement of the "armored sergeants"!
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    I have a question, the submods you recommended, can I install all of them at once?
    You have to install the mod 1 and 5 individually because I don't own the mod 1 and you have to select what campaign you want to play for mod 5.
    That's not difficult, try it yourself!

For mod 2~4:

Step 1: Remove these two files from landstoconquer\data:
    descr_formations_ai
    descr_formations

Step 2: Copy and replace the attached files to the original files (landstoconquer\data).

Done.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kuo0426; August 21, 2013 at 07:28 AM.
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

I updated the download link, please try again.
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading