Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Savanna Mafia

Default Re: Savanna Mafia

tommorow, I will try to revive this game once more.
    If someone sees this message, please be active!

Is the TWC community this lazy normally or does everyone just hate this game?

no idea :/

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

vote:inactivity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

lol

I will count it as abstain

one more vote needed to reach end of day (+ 24 hours)

@rick: Inactive/lasy more than the game tbh.

Long post will come soon, but for now vote: Rebel Jeb, I think I have the remaining players alignments all figured out (assuming Rick has indisputable evidence of G2TC being innocent/not scum/not mafia/whatever).

24 hours of day left starting with time of above post.
    In case of tie, as always, coin toss will decide (barring any special roles/powers)

Day ended.
    Tally:
    Mat93: rickinator
    Rebel Jeb: Mat93
    abstain: g2tc

Lynch result decided by a tally.

When all animals gathered, silence has fallen. After long time, two names were whispered. And Jarema had to decide once more.
    'I want to eat something crispy. Give me some ants'
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Rebel Jeb was lynched. He was a nigriceps ant colony. He was a paranoid defender.
    He was African animal (not mafia)

Night begins

Professor Arnold Pickendupfer had the best time during his life. He was so excited shoting to these all animals. But his colegue was not very active.
    'Wake up, John! You are missing whole action. You even hadn't kill any animal! Its not like you'
    "its because you toom my rifle, give it back to me. Time for a killing spree!'
    And John West started to shot. His first victim was crocodile, then he shot the baboon. And, all of sudden, all animals at the savanna were dead.
    'C'mon, professor. Its time to visit the jungle. I want to see some action'

Game ended
    Mafia victory

Players alive at the end of game:

Gone 2 the Celts
    Mat93
    Rickinator
    Xenoneb

Victory:
    Mafia team (humans at safari): Mat93 - professor Arnold Pickendupfer; Xenoneb - John West

Loss:
    Cult (rabid animals): Treva - rabid dog. Didnt manage to convert anyone
    'town' (African animals): all other players.

mafia qt
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/XwW7WMik89WUg

masonic qt:
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/vkrHrYVwF4i

Feel free to post comments, I will comment tommorow (I am going to sleep)

Damn, lost due to luck. It's a shame the game was so inactive. I think it could have been great.

About my orders:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarema
    Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9
    I want to scan ​Double A
    he was a scavenger
    Double A died soon after, so it was useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema
    Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9
    I want to scan ​Gone 2 the Celts
    he is a vigilante
    I figured the vigilante was town, so I didn't vote him. I stayed with mat93.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Yeah, curse my luck! I should've infected more people. Or, any people.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Some roles:

A. Mafia
    Xenoneb

Profesor Arnold Pickendupfer (species: human)

you travel through Africa in order to collect exhibits for Berlin Museum.

Alignment: Mafia
    Role name: -
    Ability: you can scan one player as a night action. You will learn name of his species.

You and John West (Mat93) are fellow travelers (member of 'mafia' team). You share a qt:
    One of you two can use your trusted Remington rifle at night in order to attack one player.

Cover role:

Marabou Stork (Leptoptilos crumenifer)
    http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/Ph...fpo2560-02.jpg

You are a large wading bird. You live in Africa south of the Sahara, in both wet and arid habitats, often near human habitation, especially waste tips. You are sometimes called the "Undertaker Bird" due to your shape from behind: cloak-like wings and back, skinny white legs, and sometimes a large white mass of "hair."

Alignment: Innocent
    Role name: Scavenger
    Ability: you can copy ability of target at even night, and use it on following even night

You can use ability of your cover role. Be careful: your cover role is a bird, but you are a mammal!

Mat93

John West (species: human)

You are a famous hunter. You want to kill every dangerous animal you can.

Alignment: Mafia
    Role name: -
    Ability: you can wound through protection if you perform night kill. If not, you can track one person. Cover role: grizzly bear (can attack at every even night). Yeah, John thinks that grizzly is so cool.

You and Profesor Arnold Pickendupfer (Xenoneb) are fellow travelers (member of 'mafia' team).
    One of you two can use your trusted Remington rifle at night in order to attack one player.

Cover role:

Grizzly Bear (Ursus arctos horribilis)
    http://suparnap.files.wordpress.com/...zzly-bear1.jpg

The grizzly bear (Ursus arctos horribilis), also known as the silvertip bear, the grizzly, or the North American brown bear, is a subspecies of brown bear (Ursus arctos) that generally lives in the uplands of western North America. This subspecies is thought to descend from Ussuri brown bears which crossed to Alaska from eastern Russia 100,000 years ago, though they did not move south until 13,000 years ago.
    Except for cubs and females, grizzlies are normally solitary, active animals, but in coastal areas, the grizzly congregates alongside streams, lakes, rivers, and ponds during the salmon spawn. Every other year, females (sows) produce one to four young (commonly two) which are small and weigh only about 500 grams. A sow is protective of her offspring and will attack if she thinks she or her cubs are threatened.
    Role name: hunter
    Ability: you can attack another player every odd night and wound him

Yeah! You think grizzly is so cool! And everything American is the best. But you start thinking, that maybe grizzly at the middle of african savanna looks a little bit suspicious...

You cannot use ability of your cover role. You prefer to use rifle.

B. Cult
    Treva. In fact, I assigned him this role. More presicely, Treva agreed to play this role, knowing he will die at the end of night 2 (I did not want to give it to any 'full player')

Rabid dog (Canis Familiaris)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Jd0sAv3Uxq...rabiesdog3.jpg

Alignment: Rabid/Innocent
    Role name: Protector (no longer available)
    Ability: you can attack another player every odd night and wound him

You are a rabid dog. You can attack one player at night. During nights you can pick two targets. If the first one is immune to rabies or protected, you would attack second one instead. You will not be attacked by humans.
    You will die at the end of night 2 (right after biting someone).

Rabies mechanic: When mammal (with exception of humans) is wounded by rabid animal, he contracts rabies (and is wounded; even if he was wounded before, he does not die). He learns who wounded him. During next night (N1), he will recover from wound automatically (and cannot do anything else). At N2 and N3 (second and third night after being bitten) he must attack another character and spread rabies. At the end of N3 he dies.
    It is not automatically obvious that he was rabid if he dies earlier (one night delay on information about it). At first, rabid animal that died before rabies killed him will appear to be non-mafia ('he was not member of mafia faction'), and there would be no info about rabies.
    If target of rabid animal's attack is immune to rabies, he is just wounded (or killed, if wounded already)

Town-aligned roles
    1. Non-vertebrates:
    Rebel Jeb

Nigriceps ant colony (Crematogaster Nigriceps)

http://www.myrmecos.net/formicinae/CamNig4.JPG

On the savannas of Kenya, Africa, there grows a tree that is exclusively inhabited by stinging ants. At the slightest movement of a branch these ants will swarm out and deliver painful stings to grazing giraffes and other browsers.

Role name: Paranoid defender
    Ability: if targeted at night, you will automatically wound every character that targeted you.

2. Reptiles:
    Gone 2 the Celts

Nile crocodile (Crocodylus niloticus)

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/naturelibrar...rocodile_1.jpg

The Nile crocodile (Crocodylus niloticus) is an African crocodile and the second largest extant reptile in the world, after the saltwater crocodile. The Nile crocodile is quite widespread throughout sub-saharan Africa, occurring mostly in the central, eastern and southern parts of the continent and lives in different types of aquatic environments such as lakes, rivers and marshlands. The Nile crocodile is an opportunistic apex predator and a very aggressive species of crocodile that is capable of taking almost any animal within its range. They are generalists, taking a variety of prey. Their diet consists mostly of different species of fish, reptiles, birds and mammals. The Nile crocodile is an ambush predator and can wait for hours, days and even weeks for the suitable moment to attack.

Role name: Vigilante
    Ability: you can attack another character every night. You can wound your target, but you will never kill it

3. Birds:
    Darth Feather

Red-billed Oxpecker (Buphagus erythrorhynchus)

http://simbania.files.wordpress.com/...ia-commons.jpg

The Red-billed Oxpecker (Buphagus erythrorhynchus) is a passerine bird in the starling and myna family Sturnidae; some ornithologists regard the oxpeckers to be in a family by themselves, the Buphagidae. It is native to the savannah of sub-Saharan Africa, from the Central African Republic east to Sudan and south to northern and eastern South Africa. Red-billed Oxpecker eats insects. Both the English and scientific names arise from this species' habit of perching on large wild and domesticated mammals such as cattle and eating ticks. An adult will take nearly 100 engorged female Boophilus decoloratus ticks, or more than 12,000 larvae in a day.

Role name: Healer
    Ability: you can heal one mammal per night from a wound.

Double A

White-backed Vulture (Gyps africanus)

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...ure460x276.jpg

The White-backed Vulture is a typical vulture, with only down feathers on the head and neck, very broad wings and short tail feathers. It has a white neck ruff. Like other vultures it is a scavenger, feeding mostly from carcasses of animals which it finds by soaring over savannah. It also takes scraps from human habitations. It often moves in flocks. It breeds in trees on the savannah of west and east Africa, laying one egg. The population is mostly resident.

Role name: Scavenger
    Ability: you can heal your wound if you participate in a succesfull lynch

4. Mammals (only mammals could get rabies):
    Rickinator

Chacma Baboon (Papio ursinus)

http://creagrus.home.montereybay.com...n27Jy05Mah.jpg

Also called dog-faced monkey. It is one of the largest of all monkeys. Located primarily in southern Africa, the chacma baboon has a wide variety of social behaviors, including a dominance hierarchy, collective foraging, adoption of young by females, and friendship pairings. These behaviors form parts of a complex evolutionary ecology. In general the species is not threatened, but human population pressure has increased contact between humans and baboons. Hunting, accidents and trapping kill or remove many baboons from the wild. This has reduced baboon numbers and disrupted their social structure.

Role name: Role-scanner
    Ability: you can scan one character every night. You will learn name of his role (sometimes it would be traditional name, like scanner; sometimes it would be something else, like scavenger or protector). Scum can have cover roles, and there are more than one character with some role names

Makrell

Lycaon (Lycaon Pictus)

http://www.futura-sciences.com/uploa...lycaon.jpg.jpg

Lycaon pictus is a canid found only in Africa, especially in savannas and lightly wooded areas. It is variously called the African wild dog, African hunting dog, Cape hunting dog, painted dog, painted wolf, painted hunting dog, spotted dog, or ornate wolf. The African wild dog hunts in packs and small groups. Like most members of the dog family, it is a cursorial hunter, meaning that it pursues its prey in a long, open chase.

Role name: Tracker
    Ability: you can track another character. You cannot do it at two nights in a row

Robbiecon

Spotted hyena (Crocuta Crocuta)

http://www.wildlife-pictures-online....na-knp01-g.jpg

The spotted hyena (Crocuta crocuta), also known as the laughing hyena or tiger wolf,[3] is a species of hyena native to Sub-Saharan Africa. The spotted hyena is the most social of the Carnivora in that it has the largest group sizes and most complex social behaviours. The spotted hyena is a highly successful animal, being the most common large carnivore in Africa. Its success is due in part to its adaptability and opportunism; it is both an efficient hunter and a scavenger, with the capacity to eat and digest skin, bone and other animal waste. In functional terms, the spotted hyena makes the most efficient use of animal matter of all African carnivores.

Role name: Killer
    Ability: you can attack someone at night. If that person is wounded already, you will kill him/her.

Edse

Hippopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tamus_-_04.jpg

Hippopotamus is a large, mostly herbivorous mammal in sub-Saharan Africa, and one of only two extant species in the family Hippopotamidae (the other is the pygmy hippopotamus). After the elephant and rhinoceros, the hippopotamus is the third largest type of land mammal. Despite their physical resemblance to pigs and other terrestrial even-toed ungulates, their closest living relatives are cetaceans (whales, porpoises, etc.). The hippopotamus is semi-aquatic, inhabiting rivers, lakes and mangrove swamps, where territorial bulls preside over a stretch of river and groups of 5 to 30 females and young. During the day, they remain cool by staying in the water or mud; reproduction and childbirth both occur in water. They emerge at dusk to graze on grass.

Role name: Protector
    Ability: you can protect one other character. You can do it only at even nights.

Johnhughtom

African Elephant (Loxodonta africana)

http://images.nationalgeographic.com...51_600x450.jpg

The African elephant (Loxodonta africana) is the larger of the two species of elephant. Herds of elephants are made up of related females and their young, directed by the eldest female, called the matriarch. Infrequently, an adult male goes with them, but those usually leave the herd when reaching adolescence to form bachelor herds with other elephants of the same age. The relations among the members of the herd are very tight; when a female gives birth to a baby, the rest of the herd acknowledges it by touching her with their trunks. When an old elephant dies, the rest of the herd stays by the corpse for a while. Elephants are one of the most inteligent animals.

Role name: Kind scanner
    Ability: you can scan one character at night. You will learn if he is insect, reptile, bird or mammal. This scan is always accurate.

Southernking

Grant's Zebra (Equus quagga boehmi)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...uus_quagga.jpg

This northern subspecies is vertically striped in front, horizontally on the back legs, and diagonally on the rump and hind flanks. Shadow stripes are absent or only poorly expressed. The stripes, as well as the inner-spaces, are broad and well defined. Northerly specimens may lack a mane. Grant’s zebras grow to be about 120 to 140 centimetres (3.9 to 4.6 ft) tall, and generally weigh about 300 kilograms (660 lb). The zebras live in family groups of up to 17 or 18 zebras, and they are led by a single stallion. Grant’s zebras live an average of 20 years. Zebras often form large groups with antelopes and ostriches for the purpose of mutual protection.

Role name: Mason
    Ability: you are mason with wildebeest (guaranteed innocence at begining of game only). You share qt: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/vkrHrYVwF4i

Cpdwane

Blue Wildebeest (Connochaetes taurinus)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Ngorongoro.jpg

Blue wildebeest are found in open and bush-covered savanna in south and east Africa, thriving in areas that are neither too wet nor too arid. They can be found in places that vary from overgrazed areas with dense bush to open woodland floodplains. Probably the most conspicuous feature of the gnu are the large horns shaped like parentheses, extending outward to the side and then curving up and inward. Blue wildebeest often graze together with other species such as plains zebras, for purposes of mutual protection. Zebras in particular are beneficial, since they mow down highly vegetated areas, leaving the wildebeests to eat the newly exposed and more nutritious short grasses, which they prefer.

Role name: Mason
    Ability: you are mason with zebra (guaranteed innocence at begining of game only). You share qt: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/vkrHrYVwF4i

Last edited by Jarema; May 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

Hey, that was… quite a nice setup. It had great potential.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Hey, that was… quite a nice setup. It had great potential.
    yeah, I feel it could...
    work well...
    in different circumstances

You should host a similar one in the .org
    СИНДИКАТ!

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    You should host a similar one in the .org
    that is an option I am thinking about.

surely, I want to use my rabies mechanic somewhere, I also liked some of my other ideas (well, it sounds a little megalomaniac, but its true)

I have to acknowledge, that I was not active as a host. I didnt make all the juicy descriptions I was thinking about when I started this game. But, to be honest, when there is such huge activity as there was in this game, I just couldnt find energy for it. And, of course, there wasnt so many things to describe.

I want to thank all players that were active in this game. Its not that everyone was inactive, just a little bit too much for it to work properly. I am sure this game would be very different, if most of the power roles used their abilities, and people put a lot of effort into pattern analysis
    Last edited by Jarema; June 04, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567