Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Discussion thread

Default Re: Genghis Khan Total War

Okey thanks for the reply.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

One solution I've thought of but never tried is to copy paste a new RTW folder, rename that, dump the GK files in there and make a new shortcut from there.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Yeah i guess it works but its rocket science for me

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

This is EPIC! Sea Battles in RomeTW! Never did i think i would see the day. So many have said they will do and never came through. The team that worked on this mod are all legends in my books.
    Sadly i have only been able to play for a 20mins or so and am headed out for the ever so fun xmas crap with the family. Thankfully they all leave on the 26th and i will do nothing that day but play this mod. I will make sure to post screenshots then and possibly a short play-by-play (AAR).
    One question tho as i haven't been able to find other ships to fight in the campaign. Are Sea battles in campaign as well or just in the Sea Battles option in main menu?
    Also why is this not listed in Hosted mods section. I mean Sea Battles.. in RomeTW.. needs to be a front page announcement and a spot in the hosted mods thread. On second thought this needs to remain a front page headline for the next couple months lol
    Last edited by Macrath; December 24, 2013 at 04:30 PM.

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Ay! I didn't keep track with my beloved mod for awhile. Now I'm here XD! Big thanks for the buddy who put it on Moddb XD

Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    I have a cold feet about these files. How much vanilla does this overwrite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmanis View Post
    Is the mod foldered,(different folders) since i dont want it to make issues when i already have Darthmod installed.

And thanks Nelduin for uploading the mod to moddb. Making my life much easier
    Basically it will overwrite ALL so be sure to make backup. For me I copy the entire RTW to another place and install the mod there!

One question tho as i haven't been able to find other ships to fight in the campaign. Are Sea battles in campaign as well or just in the Sea Battles option in main menu?
    Well unfortunately the Sea Battles are playable only in historical battle section. Actually we (Kirush2 actually cause he did most of the work) used the 'can swim' ability on units and the ships are something like war elephants which swimming around, they are not 'ships' in term of the campaign units. Also be notice that the ships CAN SUNK ON THEIR OWN for a long times (units drown if stay in the water for too long)!!!!

So as far as I concern it will be impossible to do it on MEDII TW cause units there can't swim!

Also why is this not listed in Hosted mods section. I mean Sea Battles.. in RomeTW.. needs to be a front page announcement and a spot in the hosted mods thread. On second thought this needs to remain a front page headline for the next couple months lol
    Uhm to make one mod hotted we need to ask the administrator and a few week of testing and the 2 modders (namely me and Kirush) was both busied, a bit lazied and...not that good in English! Not to say there're several unfinished parts of the mods.

* : Since the mod seem hotted again then I again ask for some help. Anyone who interest with our mod and have skill in any aspect can contact me. Also once who can't modding can help us by: 1.take any faction and try to conquer the entire map, notice us any bugs, I suspect there're some inaccessible settlements, 2. Units test, I tested it rather carefully but not sure they're all work well

kirush2's Avatar Tiro

All of the team - it's just me, and I want to present this mod, but I don't know where and what to press.

Yeah i can copy 1 whole Rome 1 folder but the thing is that... The one i have already have Darthmod on it. So i have no clue how to copy and stuff so i dont fail this totally. Would be nice if some1 could tell me how to do it. To have 1 rome 1 folder with this mod and the other folder with Darthmod.

For a frontpage annoucement just PM Dicator Of The Roman Republic or Omnipotent-Q with the message you want they publish (ie: a banner for the mod and a small text with a link).

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

^ Useful stuff mate

@Kirush2: So do you want a frontpage annoucement? Are you going to do it? Or me? Can we discuss what we will sent?

Yeah i can copy 1 whole Rome 1 folder but the thing is that... The one i have already have Darthmod on it. So i have no clue how to copy and stuff so i dont fail this totally. Would be nice if some1 could tell me how to do it. To have 1 rome 1 folder with this mod and the other folder with Darthmod.
    In this case you should copy your RTW folder which have Darthmod to a new folder, then you should uninstall your RTW and reinstall it. You should have clean RTW and BI for this mod
    Last edited by nhinhonhinho; December 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM.

Ah thats alot to do, thanks for the help.

i dl the one from moddb is the sound and music the sound and music from the vanilla rtw?

From the vanilla RTW at the moment

oh hopefully this get more updates! the only thing i am a little puzzle about is why does the ming empire general portrait contain qing dynasty officals, i sound choosey but its still great! just wondering if there is ming pictures we could replace it with

Trying to download this, wish me good luck !

[Edit]

Okey so i downloaded this mod and it works fine when i start the campaign but not custom battles.. You have any clue if game will crash if i play battle on the campaign or just the custom battles?

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Badmanis; December 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Strange! I checked the units carefully and I'm sure they all worked well. Can you specific which faction or which units? A couple of screenshorts will be much welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    oh hopefully this get more updates! the only thing i am a little puzzle about is why does the ming empire general portrait contain qing dynasty officals, i sound choosey but its still great! just wondering if there is ming pictures we could replace it with
    Well we actually grab the units from here and there so...

Nhinihon, the first sentence applies to me? If so... I tried few factions and they crash but tbh its no biggy if its just the custom battles since i almost never play custom battles just campaign.

i crash quiet a few times too like using the chinese forces only one i played atm

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by nhinhonhinho View Post
    Basically it will overwrite ALL so be sure to make backup. For me I copy the entire RTW to another place and install the mod there!
    I guess that's the final word. Goodbye beloved hardrive space!
    Well unfortunately the Sea Battles are playable only in historical battle section. Actually we (Kirush2 actually cause he did most of the work) used the 'can swim' ability on units and the ships are something like war elephants which swimming around, they are not 'ships' in term of the campaign units. Also be notice that the ships CAN SUNK ON THEIR OWN for a long times (units drown if stay in the water for too long)!!!!
    In that case their stamina had better be amazing.
    So as far as I concern it will be impossible to do it on MEDII TW cause units there can't swim!
    Actually, Thera: Legacy of the Great Torment is proof that swimming is possible in M2TW.

Edit: does this require any of the expansions?
    Last edited by yuezhi; January 05, 2014 at 05:37 PM.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    i crash quiet a few times too like using the chinese forces only one i played atm
    Nhinihon, the first sentence applies to me? If so... I tried few factions and they crash but tbh its no biggy if its just the custom battles since i almost never play custom battles just campaign.
    OK I'll check back asap. I'm pretty busy now so it can take sometimes

I guess that's the final word. Goodbye beloved hardrive space!
    Now now don't feel so bad bro. I have to spent my hardrive too
    does this require any of the expansions?
    You need BI for the thing to work.

Actually, Thera: Legacy of the Great Torment is proof that swimming is possible in M2TW.
    Uh huh o_O!?

Okey no worry Take your time!