Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Discussion thread

Default Re: Genghis Khan Total War

well. I will wait it add some next day

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

How has this not been publicised, you apparently have got a system of ship battles working, yet a full modding team has failed to do over a long period of years.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Aomari View Post
    April Fool ???
    The video was uploaded two weeks ago....

It would be a great thing if someone could make them for campaign too. Good job there. +rep
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

well done

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by kirush2 View Post
    Thank you all for your support. Of course I wanted to make a joke. But naval battles in this mod really will be. But not in the way that all of you are waiting for. They will be in a separate section of the " Sea battle". How to make them in the campaign mode, I never found a way. And even after 15 minutes, all ships begin to sink. Speaking to the best modders from Russia, but all of them reacted to the idea of the sea battles very sceptical. Nevertheless, I decided to realize naval battles. Although, personally I am interested in the idea of the ground battle in the vast spaces of the whole of Asia.
    Let's me guest. You're using something like elephants which can swim isn't it? If so then the "ship" will eventually sink after sometimes because the ships get "exhausted". We all know that in RTW any units which can swim will die underwater if it get "exhausted". However this problem can be solve immediately by using Arcane mod for sea battle. In arcade mode units won't tire out nor run out of ammo.

Also can I ask a few questions.

Will you made a battle map in which we can have both ships and land troops!? The ships will fight the other while give fire support for the land force

Also can you out heavy weapons like ballistae and onager to the ships?

Quote Originally Posted by kiotoyamaday View Post
    I think that should transfer it to medival 2 total war is better. I think that Genghis Khan Total War need have a map Asia and Europe and Genghis Khan in defeat Poland and France. I think as so will or more

It's hard to transfer it to MEDII TW unless we got more manpower and times. Also to made the map which consist a whole Eurasia continent is highly impossible since there're map/factions/units limit. Theoretically it's possible BUT each big and powerful factions must be reduce to a tiny once and smaller factions will simply become rebel, the units will also very similar (i.e whole Europe will have similar units) . Last thing Genghis Khan never come to Europe by himself and there're no Mongol invasion in France!

kirush2's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by nhinhonhinho View Post
    Let's me guest. You're using something like elephants which can swim isn't it? If so then the "ship" will eventually sink after sometimes because the ships get "exhausted". We all know that in RTW any units which can swim will die underwater if it get "exhausted". However this problem can be solve immediately by using Arcane mod for sea battle. In arcade mode units won't tire out nor run out of ammo.

Also can I ask a few questions.

Will you made a battle map in which we can have both ships and land troops!? The ships will fight the other while give fire support for the land force

Also can you out heavy weapons like ballistae and onager to the ships?

It's hard to transfer it to MEDII TW unless we got more manpower and times. Also to made the map which consist a whole Eurasia continent is highly impossible since there're map/factions/units limit. Theoretically it's possible BUT each big and powerful factions must be reduce to a tiny once and smaller factions will simply become rebel, the units will also very similar (i.e whole Europe will have similar units) . Last thing Genghis Khan never come to Europe by himself and there're no Mongol invasion in France!
    Yes - there will be a battle where there are ships and ground forces.

I made ships with mangonel, but then they were deleted, because I do not know the facts of application of the ballista in the naval battles in the Asia from the 13th century.

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Yes - there will be a battle where there are ships and ground forces.
    Cool XD

I made ships with mangonel, but then they were deleted, because I do not know the facts of application of the ballista in the naval battles in the Asia from the 13th century.
    Let's see can I find something useful about this

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

This looks very impressive - I'd certainly be interested in playing around with the system and seeing if it can be made to work better, once you're ready to release the code.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

You can use 2 weapons for your ships-ram and either archer as shown or siege,which the russians have in EW mod for their siege elephants-mounted ballista. It limits the ship combat sadly,but best you can do. Glad you have the correct ship graphics,very appreciated,even when they sink. Getting the water texture also will improve the game.

I clowned around with the elephant also,heh. But did not know why they die,until now,damn exhaustion,lol.

Best wishes

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca View Post
    This looks very impressive - I'd certainly be interested in playing around with the system and seeing if it can be made to work better, once you're ready to release the code.
    As would I, and I'm sure a large amount of other people as well.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Wow! can't wait!

when will have a link dowload for this mod? I think that if add a map European is Genghis Khan will dominance all Asian and European

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Forgot to ask, are you planning to add naval battles to the other mods as well? like Flaming Lands

kirush2's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Zheng View Post
    Forgot to ask, are you planning to add naval battles to the other mods as well? like Flaming Lands
    If they are someone like, then add.

kirush2's Avatar Tiro

The mod is put on the clear BI-1.4 or 1.6.
    Last edited by kirush2; May 02, 2013 at 12:40 PM.

yes. very thank you you did this mod installation method of this mod is override mod East Asia: To the Last Sea and install pach 1.4 or 1.6 ah

Great work with the naval battles!

This really adds a new dimension to RTW. Congratulations! +rep
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Ussaid the Hashshashin's Avatar Ordinarius

Yo, is this mod could be mod-foldered?
    and con you make naval-battles in M2TW(I think no because there is no swimming option)
    Anyway when you are done with this project mind PMing me? You are really one heck of a modder, and your techniques combined with my cunning, we could conquer TWC and rule it side by side, bro!

(P.S There is a historical error, there was no Kalinga Kingdom in the Mongol age, it had fallen in the age of Ashoka!)
    Last edited by Ussaid the Hashshashin; April 20, 2013 at 01:49 PM.
    The Face of Murder

"Have any of you ever felt your imagination going wild reading ancient lore?"