Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Discussion thread

Default Re: Genghis Khan Total War

Just tried out this mod yesterday.

Really great work, it's amazing to see how 1 guy could do so much!

Are there any plans to implement AoR- Area of Recruitment in the future? Example: I conquer the Dai Viet home territory as the Song. Will I be able to recruit some Vietnamese units (not the mercenary) into my army?

Hey, this might be a stupid question, but hen i have downloaded this mod how do i install it or where do i place the files? I have Rome Total War throught steam so how can i install and play the mod after the installation?

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

First you have to copy your RTW folder (all of it) to another place. Then unpack the mod into another folder and copy it to your new RTW folder and replace all. Then you get it. Run the game by using BI.exe

Note: This mod is not mod folddered so if you install it on your RTW then you will have to reinstall your games if you want to play the vanilla or other mod.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Just tried out this mod yesterday.

Really great work, it's amazing to see how 1 guy could do so much!

Are there any plans to implement AoR- Area of Recruitment in the future? Example: I conquer the Dai Viet home territory as the Song. Will I be able to recruit some Vietnamese units (not the mercenary) into my army?
    Uhm...currently it's...impossible. But you can edit file or...cheat to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by nhinhonhinho View Post
    First you have to copy your RTW folder (all of it) to another place. Then unpack the mod into another folder and copy it to your new RTW folder and replace all. Then you get it. Run the game by using BI.exe

Note: This mod is not mod folddered so if you install it on your RTW then you will have to reinstall your games if you want to play the vanilla or other mod.

Are you saying to me that i have to delete some of the files in the RTW folder and replace them with the Genghis Khan folders?

Uhm...currently it's...impossible. But you can edit file or...cheat to get them.

Sry i must have made a mistake when i wroter that last post of my what i meant to say was ''Do i have to delete some of the files in the RTW folder and replace them with the Genghis Khan files?''

No, when you copy the mod folder into your new RTW folder just click replace all.

Quote Originally Posted by nhinhonhinho View Post
    No, when you copy the mod folder into your new RTW folder just click replace all.
    Ok thanks i did that, but however when i try to click the BI.Exe file that is inside the RTW folder an message pops up that says ''Problem checking steam application'' i dont know how the hell i can launch the mod or why does this message come. Most of all i'm loosing my patience and im almost filled with anger

Great mod. Is there a reason why theres no sound? Or is it my PC.

kirush2's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by mstewart6698 View Post
    Great mod. Is there a reason why theres no sound? Or is it my PC.
    Is it your PC

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Last I checked all sounds are off because there's only vanilla voices and music.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre Man View Post
    Ok thanks i did that, but however when i try to click the BI.Exe file that is inside the RTW folder an message pops up that says ''Problem checking steam application'' i dont know how the hell i can launch the mod or why does this message come. Most of all i'm loosing my patience and im almost filled with anger
    Steam!? Well our mod was developed on non-steam version so I have no idea about it.

However did you tried to copy your entire folder to another place (in short make a portable copy of the game itself)?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Kirush2, I don't know whether to rep you, or to kiss you (Russian style on the cheek, of course) for creating this magnificent and most worthy mod. I think I'll pass on the kiss and just give you the +1 rep that you rightfully deserve!

You brilliant Russian bastard, bravo! Or as the Russians say: МОЛОДЕЦ!

Hi, nice mod you made kirush2. I really would like to play many of these campaigns but due to crashes and bugs i cant, for an example when i try to do certain things in the mod the game crashes to desktop, i dont know why this happens but this makes the mod almost unplayable, do you know a fix for these issues because i really would like to play this mod.

how i make it play??? i extracted it but after??? help

^ Copy your RTW folder to another place then name it 'Genghis Khan Total War' or something then copy the extracted mod into it, overwrite all.

Hey guy's! Good to see you're still working on this mod! I literally fell backwards when i saw those seabattles.
    btw are the downloadsites at the beginning of the post still working?

Tianzhong (who still has no idea how to answer to group invitation of a year ago )
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

Indefinitely Banned

Keep up the work on the mod !

kirush2's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Simonyi de Vitézvár View Post
    Keep up the work on the mod !
    Don't want. Now all play in Rome 2

Really need some help to get this mod working, just to clarify it does work on the steam version? I've pasted the mod files into my Rome gold folder and replaced all I was prompted to, and merged a couple that I was given no other choice on, but when I launch BI.exe the screen goes black, as if the game is about to appear but instead it just satys black for a couple seconds and then just crashes/minimizes back to desktop with no error report ..I can click the BI icon in the bottom windows tab but the same thing happens. I'd be really grateful if someone can help me out on this!

pffrt, who needs RTW 2. It's the biggest curse of the series. I have never tried the game but what i have seen from many playthrough is enough for me to know that it isn't for me. To much cut away and to little added.
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-