Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 1648: The Two Towers

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 1648: The Two Towers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    This mod still ongoing?
    It doesn't seem like it, development has pretty well stalled from what I can tell, a shame really...

The mod is going, but very slowly and when time permits. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    The mod is going, but very slowly and when time permits. Any help would be much appreciated.
    What kind of help are you after?

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    What kind of help are you after?
    Modelling of units and modelling of buildings and related tasks such as enabling the units for the mod in model.db.

I expect Monti, Gigantus and myself can manage almost everything else, as long as we can find the time. But we have no expertise in the way of modelling anything.

Other help could be about 17th century unit names, character names, major settlements with demographic data (how many Christians, how many Muslims, Jews, etc), character portraits, trade and commerce info (what was produced where), that kind of thing. We have some info for Romania and thereabouts, bits of the Ottoman Empire and Greece but there are many other factions in the mod for which we do not have good info, especially the Slavic factions, Tatars and Barbary Corsairs. Although the Italian factions and the Knights of Malta are easier, if anyone has a particular expertise in one of the Italian factions, any such info would be very much appreciated.

Perhaps Monti or Gigantus could add to the list of tasks for which help is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    Modelling of units and modelling of buildings and related tasks such as enabling the units for the mod in model.db.

I expect Monti, Gigantus and myself can manage almost everything else, as long as we can find the time. But we have no expertise in the way of modelling anything.

Other help could be about 17th century unit names, character names, major settlements with demographic data (how many Christians, how many Muslims, Jews, etc), character portraits, trade and commerce info (what was produced where), that kind of thing. We have some info for Romania and thereabouts, bits of the Ottoman Empire and Greece but there are many other factions in the mod for which we do not have good info, especially the Slavic factions, Tatars and Barbary Corsairs. Although the Italian factions and the Knights of Malta are easier, if anyone has a particular expertise in one of the Italian factions, any such info would be very much appreciated.

Perhaps Monti or Gigantus could add to the list of tasks for which help is needed.
    I'm not modeler unfortunately but I am doing a double major in History (Specifically Classical Roman, Early Colonial/Early Modern History (Post the Treaty of Westphalia) and the Napoleonic Era) and English so I might be able to help with some of the research if you'd like? If could I get a list of the factions and the specifics you're after for each of them I could see what I can find on a couple of them, you can PM me with said details if you like. I have access to a wide variety of scholarly sources through my university, so I'm sure I could dig up some useful bits and pieces, given that I'm on holidays though I will be limited, particularly regarding books, in what I can acquire, but fortunately allot of stuff is digitized!

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    I'm not modeler unfortunately but I am doing a double major in History (Specifically Classical Roman, Early Colonial/Early Modern History (Post the Treaty of Westphalia) and the Napoleonic Era) and English so I might be able to help with some of the research if you'd like? If could I get a list of the factions and the specifics you're after for each of them I could see what I can find on a couple of them, you can PM me with said details if you like. I have access to a wide variety of scholarly sources through my university, so I'm sure I could dig up some useful bits and pieces, given that I'm on holidays though I will be limited, particularly regarding books, in what I can acquire, but fortunately allot of stuff is digitized!
    Thank you for the offer to help with research. The factions currently planned are here:

www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?594934-1648-The-Two-Towers&p=12717924&viewfull=1#post12717924

Some are more important than others. We certainly need some allies for the Turks, so the Crimean Tatars and the Barbary Corsairs are definitely in.

There are various Slavic factions for which we have no info. At least I don't but maybe Monti can find something.

There are several Italian factions about which we can find info more easily but it is still hard work. I even had trouble finding information on Venice. The Italian factions may be easier, though, so you could pick one of these.

The information we need is described here: www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?594934-1648-The-Two-Towers&p=12718578&viewfull=1#post12718578

We also need:
    Demographic data for main cities. Not sure which we are including but the really major will be in (Venice, Genoa, Rome, Padua, etc). How many Catholics, Protestants, Muslim, Orthodox, Jews, approximately.
    What is being produced where. E.g. Tangiers: slaves. Calabria: olive oil. That kind of thing.
    Names: I have, for example, about 70 contemporary names for Venice but I have not worked on other Italian factions. These should preferably be names of generals, heads of state or high ranking officials not just any old Italian name. Names of real proper princesses not of famous harlots, village girls, someone's grandma, etc.
    Names of units and uniforms, maybe also contemporary 17th C drawings showing some kind of soldier.

Another possible contribution would be portraits of some key figures from a particular faction that we could include in the mod. Sometimes one can find these online but not always. We must also remember that the portraits do not find on their own their way to the internet.

Another possible contribution could be some particular special building. For example: Corfu: Venetian Admiralty. Experience bonus for naval units recruited here. Padua: University. Tax bonus.

We are back with that mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCUNGMoHjuc

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Hey Monti,

just saw your vid. I might be able to help. Depending on what you are looking for
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Hey Monti,

just saw your vid. I might be able to help. Depending on what you are looking for

Hey Neadal, denke zwar das wir im Infracta Forum vielleicht etwas einfacher kommunizieren könnten, aber auch hier danke für das Angebot

Ich denke das ne Menge Stuff aus DIK interessant wäre für die italienischen Fraktionen etc.

Abgesehen davon können wir natürlich jeden Modder mit Erfahrung gebrauchen
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; August 22, 2017 at 10:09 AM.

Gerne!
    Nun ja, im TWC habe ich halt alle Mods an denen ich arbeite/beteiligt bin auf einem Fleck.
    Aber können auch über Infracta quatschen, wie es dir lieber ist

Ja Mein Kaiser! Zwei Towers Bitte! Ich Mag 1648!

To speed up the ongoing work at Two Towers, i roll back to older map with concentration on Balkans. So western parts of Italy are gone.
    Update for Factions:
    1. Archduchy Austria (The Northern Tower )
    2. Kingdom of Spain (at Italy)
    3. Kingdom of France (northwest Italy)
    4. Commonwealth of Poland-Lithuania
    5. Ottoman Empire (the Southern Tower )
    6. Order of Saint John (at Malta)
    7. Repuplic of Venice
    8. Crimean Khanate
    9. Seven Cities of Siebenbürgen (the seven german cities at transylvania)
    10. Principality of Transylvania
    11. Repuplic of Ragusa
    12. Bohemian Estates
    13. People of Mirdita
    14. Byzantine Empire (an small army of mercs and some maniots under leadership of Charles Gonzaga, 2 regions: Aspromonte in Italy and Mani in Greece)
    15. Bulgarian Rebels
    16. Principality of Montenegro
    17. Principality of Moldavia
    18. Principality of Wallachia
    19. Duchy of Bavaria
    20. Barbary Corsairs (Tunis)
    21. Cossacks
    22. Electorate of Saxony
    23. Duchy of Württemberg
    24. Margraviate of Baden
    25. Grandduchy of Tuscany
    26. Papal States
    27. Duchy Mantua
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; August 26, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Very, very interesting
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Well, now I see why you are so interested in stuff from TIW.
    There are plenty of Italian faction in your little list

Just drop me a message (@ Infracta) and tell me what I can do

Je možné získat aktuální odkaz pro režim dvou věží

So happy to see this back on track .

Just asking : but there is any chance of fix that invisible barriers in northern city walls and make a small patch to 1648? you will not going to remake settlements from scratch ? or will you ?

If you still have problem with unit model i believe that there is a mod based on the same time period as your actual project maybe you could ask the authors if you could borrow some of their model, here is a link to a forum where the author seem to visit often (however the forum is in russian as are the mod authors i believe) : http://imtw.ru/forum/1175-%D0%BE%D0%...D0%BE%D0%BC-2/

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

I'm assuming this is dead...oof.

Such a shame, because all the units for the time period they were going for with this alreday existed. For pretty much most of the factions there was the "With Fire and Sword 2" mod. Worst case scenario for the Italian factions, you could borrow from the Italian Wars mod.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

There has been sporadic work on it but real life doesn't permit full engagement at the moment.