Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 1648: The Two Towers

Default Re: 1648: The Two Towers

Croatia

Croatian Musketeer (16./17. century)

Light Frontiersman (end of 16. century)

Croatian Hussar Officer (16./17. century)

Croatian Hussar (16./17. century)

Uskok (17. Century)

High officer (16./17. Century)

Posavian Light Cavalryman (around 1645).

Arkebuzir (The Thirty Years' Wars)

Black Regiment Musketeer (around 1626.)

Zrinski Cavalryman (around 1646.)

Haramija (around 1600.)

Nobleman (17. Century)

Croatian Dragun (17. Century)

Heavy Cavalryman (around 1663)

Militiaman (around 1670.)

Cavalry Militiaman (around 1670.)

Kaptol Hussar (17. Century)

Slavonian pandur (around 1748.)

I have a good number of Ottoman and Venetian names from that exact period, maybe 50-80 or so, which I have left at my parents' home, including the name of the doge, generals, etc and a couple of Venetian coats of arms - and a Venetian flag from the 18th C. But more contributions are welcome, also units and it would also be nice to have drawings for soldiers from this period - I tend to like contemporary drawings rather than modern artist impressions. If there are no contemporary drawings, I begin to wonder if modern artist impressions are just fantasy. It would be a shame if that is all there is (edit: thanks ZappyCute, the pics are really nice regardless of what I said).

As for the Greek rebels, besides a long list of contemporary names from all walks of life which I also left at home, you will be lucky to find much beyond what I had posted at Infracta. Everyone else is welcome to contribute, but I checked what I think are the majority of the published contemporary sources, including even some contemporary public records. It was clear the rebels had accepted the Duke of Nevers as their leader, being the most prominent living descedant of the Paleologus family. But if he died or failed to materialise with an army, one of the other members of the Paleologus family in Greece itself or in Venetian service might become leaders of a new Byzantium (I have named them, I think two in Venetian service and two in the city council of Athens). However, that eventuality should not have a very high chance of success, so it should not matter so much. Maybe a script could choose the highest ranking Paleologus family survivor as a faction leader, if that should happen.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; April 03, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

@zappycute could you please use spoilers when posting large mounts of images? ... it would make everything more neat and save my lazy butt the trouble of scrolling down

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

Nice pics ZappyCute!

@ZappyCute Thanks!

That reminds me,why not put the Dubrovačka Republika-Republic of Ragusa in the mod,i mean,in its time the town of Ragusa was richer than London itself,and they werent at war with the Turks,but with the Venetians,you could get rid of the freaking Maltese and add this rich country in,here are some infos about kingdom of croatia,croatian military froniter and republica ragusa:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ragusa
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Frontier
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom...%28Habsburg%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_of_Istria
    Istria shall be divided in 2 regions,the west belonging to Venice and east belonging to Austria,later i maybe will draw a map and upload it!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeEmperor View Post
    That reminds me,why not put the Dubrovačka Republika-Republic of Ragusa in the mod
    i agree. i saw ragusa, but i thought about it as a small city:
    It reached its commercial peak in the 15th and the 16th centuries, under the protection of the Ottoman Empire
    In 17th century it rapidly declined. With the great Portuguese explorations which opened up new ocean routes, the spice trade no longer went through the Mediterranean sea. Moreover, the discovery of America started a crisis of Mediterranean shipping. That was the beginning of the decline of both the Venetian and Ragusan Republics.
    It had a population of about 30,000 people, of whom 5,000 lived within the city walls.
    but i could imagine to take out Württemberg and bring in ragusa as faction.

For Ragusa here is much more reliable info http://www.hnb.hr/dub-konf/18-konfer...n-srzentic.pdf
    But in short they were very rich merchants whit enormous navy, and used many mercenaries for city defence, but they relied mostly on their diplomats,
    they were considerd to be one of, if not the best skilled diplomats in time.

see,a lot of words from ZappyCute-very rich merchants,enormous navy,best diplomats....

Domesticus

Awesome! I love that you got the Knights of Malta in it If I may ask, what kind of Cossacks will be in the game? Don or ZaporizsomethingIcantspellever(Ukrainian)?Hope a release is soon

I am also in favour of the Knights of Malta staying in. There were probably more than 30,000 people living in Malta. Besides, it would be nice to have some proper Crusaders in this conflict of East with West and I believe they were the only western army besides Poland-Lithuania who actually fought the Ottomans at this period. I would even be inclined to research them a little, to find some historical characters, etc. Maybe as an option the Albanians could be combined with the Greeks or be used as potential mercenaries or rebels, if Ragusa is going to be in Two Towers.

The Ottomans will be a little lonely in this mod, how about some Barbary Corsairs? They could be pirates spawned in the West, affecting more the Christian States.

Was Bulgaria autonomous at this time, or where there any autonomous provinces?

There should probably be a few German Protestant factions in the mod. At least one anyway.

Baden and Württemberg are out, Ragusa and Barbary Corsairs are in.
    but i need informations to both factions. what coat of arms should the barbary have?

Removed, bad links
    GED
    Last edited by GrnEyedDvl; November 01, 2013 at 04:11 PM.