Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: (updated 2/26/2019) My new and improved AI errr 3.0

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: My Campaign AI Project v1.2 (27/07/2013) patch for the new HURB 5.4

with the naval invasions it really does depend.
    i've always been in favour of a fake bridge from devon to flanders but i do understand why people don't like that ^_^

the issue is repercussions, remember everytime you change one thing hundreds of others change. if i turn on naval invasions for france then they focus north, so aragon spreads throughout france more, so spain crushes the moors.

and balanced means, things changing due to events. if france and germany are allied and england declares war on germany i want france to invade england or defend germany. i don't everyone to be at war ALL THE TIME.
    and equally i don't want everyone to be at peace all the time.

so i trigger random alliances and encourage this by making the ai diplomats have more movement speed. but then you get upset when i mess with the 'core' files

uhm, i know that it says the misc mods version should work with anything, but does that include other mods too(other than ss) and vanilla? i've only seen third age and ss being talked about here. i play KGCM so i want to know if it would work on that too
    Last edited by SRACon17; September 01, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SRACon17 View Post
    uhm, i know that it says the misc mods version should work with anything, but does that include other mods too(other than ss) and vanilla? i've only seen third age and ss being talked about here. i play KGCM so i want to know if it would work on that too
    yup, will work.

thanks

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Now I can use this with my base installation of Stainless Steel, ja? The only mod I have at the moment is Devy's Real Rebellion, but this seems like a pretty good mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

so where is the new version?

is it compatible with BGR ?
    Empire Total War Imperial Destroyer MOD videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHwf...o1jzaF1nzdfd1A

I cannot begin the game.After screen SS6.4 - game out to Desktop.SS6.6+SS6.4+fix.teutonic+fix.hospitalier+HURB 5.4+My Campaign AI Project v1.2

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

I don't think Teutonic and hospitaller fix are compatible with hurb. That's probably your issue

SS6.3+SS6.4+fix.teutonic+fix.hospitalier+HURB 5.4 work very well.
    The crash begin only after added My Campaign AI Project v.1.2

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Great AI, however it makes the Mongols and Timurids somewhat passive. In the 2 campaigns I've played, it takes them 50-100+ turns before they start attacking another faction besides the Khwarezm.

What are the compatibility issues like? I tried setting this up with MSC and HURB and got an immediate CTD.

Hello, this AI mod looks really nice and I would like to use it. But I am running BGRV, so my question is: Does this mod only edit AI behavior or does it also change bonuses given to AI (like income) as well? The reason I ask is that BGRV introduces a manpower system that diminishes the player's ability to recruit. To balance that, it also greatly reduces the AI income bonuses. So if this mod edits AI bonuses like income & moral the game might become unbalanced. Also, BGRV has implemented AI for things like supply (so AI armies do not run out of supply)... so would this not conflict with that? Do you think this mod would be compatible with BGRV?

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Just download the misc mods version. It will work on any mods out there no probs. Proven and tested.

Is it compatible with vanilla SS 6.4 ?
    Loved it !

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

For the 5.4 HURB, did anybody CTD and system log error message saying - 29:23.843 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 3507, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    <faction> is unavailable from event <>
    when testing <FactionBuildingExists> condition
    01:29:23.843 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 3511, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    <faction> is unavailable from event <>
    when testing <FactionBuildingExists> condition
    01:29:33.394 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

and after tracing the log, I got this error

00:26:35.113 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Untitled_trigger_2> fired
    00:26:35.113 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Theologians_Exist_Priest_Attribute_Piety> fired
    00:26:35.113 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Untitled_trigger_2> fired
    00:26:35.114 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <SufiEnd> fired
    00:26:35.114 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Untitled_trigger_2> fired
    00:26:35.114 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Untitled_trigger_2> fired
    00:26:35.114 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <SufiorSalafi1> fired
    00:26:35.114 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <SalafiEnd> fired
    00:26:35.165 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    00:26:35.165 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    00:26:36.247 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated. I haven't been able to test this mod for a few weeks because of this error unfortunately.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

did you try console command toggle_fow and watch ai make his turns?

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    did you try console command toggle_fow and watch ai make his turns?
    I did that. I tried everything that the forums have said to try. It freezes on the Rebels turn, then crashes. I've tried moving certain characters that I thought my be responsible to completely different areas, but there was no change at all in the CTD. I think it's something that has to do with a faction appearing at a certain time but i'm not sure.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

I copied files from HURB into data/SS and now SS doesn't launch

Default Re: My Campaign AI Project v2.0 (11/11/2013) patch for the new HURB 5.4

hey, i have been away for a little while but here is the latest version of my AI.

It should be much more aggressive now (still no random declarations of war though)
    I have included a watered down version of a very popular battle AI mod.

My design decisions are still as following :

- factions standings file not included so that the original mod creators can give the campaign the flavour they want, this AI is all about smarts.
    - the mod is completely compatible with EVERYTHING as it changes no core files.
    - aggressive slave faction

i have also stopped making specific adjustments for certain submods as i want to make a highly compatible 'blanket' ai.
    Last edited by beermugcarl; November 11, 2013 at 04:48 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast