Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Napoleon v2.65 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2.65 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hofstadter View Post
    Honestly, the prettyness is amazing. But I have a massive problem with this mod. Theres little to no individuality and its lazy in regards to factions.

For instance, theres no detail in regard to the minor factions that have been unlocked. The papal states have no boats, the units are named in their own language, even phonetically. Take a look at the L'montee De l'empire or...whatever its called, they have amazing in depth information about each faction, but your effects are so much prettier, but I cant make them work on that mod. If you used their template for the factions and info, it would be so much better. Asides from this I love it, and have been trying for the past few hours to get darth effects to work on LME, but to no avail.

So yeah, summary, the faction individuality sucks, but the prettiness is close to orgasmic
    I miss information about new factions too. It´s pity..

Civis

17 turn CTD

Quote Originally Posted by nicolae View Post
    17 turn CTD
    What's CTD?!...

I would get this mod if the AI was less challenging...
    I hate challenging AI...

Quote Originally Posted by Camdorf View Post
    I would get this mod if the AI was less challenging...
    I hate challenging AI...
    Hum... I think that the aggressiveness of the AI is the greatest improvement of this mod... Simply brilliant!... Try to play in very easy/easy mode!...

Just enjoy!!!

"Valeur et discipline... La Victoire est à nous!..."

I already play in easy mode, just goes to show how bad i am at TW combat

TW series is special... You have to play a few hours to familiarize yourself with the basics of the game, strategies to apply in different situations, characteristics of each unit, etc etc etc. ..... The battles are brutally fascinating, especially with the work of Darth! Looking for some guides campaigns and watching videos of battles... Above all, you have to have patience and many hours of play to be able to enjoy the fullness of all that this super mod offers you.

All this for one greatness goal... The world domination!... xD

"Valeur et discipline... La Victoire est à nous!..."

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni View Post
    Human naval power feels somewhat "nerfed to me". Started a UK campaign and fought a Dutch fleet. My 122 gun Ship of the line is trading broadsides with an Indiaman trader....and losing. I'll blast a small sloop or brig with full broadsides from my elite warships and maybe take out 1-3 guns and 10 crew per volley. That seems extremely underpowered to me. Also ships turn like snails across the board for me. I'm playing on default difficulty. Anyone else experiencing similar naval handicaps against the AI?
    I agree. When I play with the UK I want to feel that I'm the owner of the best fleet in this time period, but the ships are weak and the french and spanish ships can handle much more damage than the english ones. I totally agree with you that the big british ships are underpowered.

There any experianced players to address my criticisms near the end of the previous page?

My view:

BAI
    Overall much improved. The enemy doesn't stupidly reform their lines all the time, enemy cannon fire and position correctly (rather than rolling forward on their own and sometimes not unlimbering) and morale levels seem about right. Also the combat itself and firing effects are much better on the eye!
    Cons however - enemy cavalry sometimes a bit stupid still and run head on in to my central lines of infantry well ahead of their infantry. They also have a habit of standing in my cannon firing zone at the beginning of battle to wait for their infantry to catch up. !

CAI
    I have been playing as Russia on 40 units save (so I am not sure what difficulty this is set to?) but to me it is far too easy. I have steamrolled the ottomans with ease and my allies have almost destroyed the French (who were pathetic). GB have not sustained their navy and are useless and the northern factions have done nothing either. Spain have also been passive (and after 3 years have a moderate navy and have only launched one attack in to central Europe). The only way this campaign could get interesting is if the might Prussia and Austria finally finish off pithy France and then turn their attention on me!

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Sir_Red for an interesting campaign use this
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-DMN-Mod-Edits

Is it normal that on battles where I am the defender the AI ALWAYS assaults? Is it supposed to be like that? Also, is it only me or the AI for the love of god can't climb on fortress walls and instead form lines outside the fort and just shoots from there (= mass slaughter)? And again, on brigde assault maps the AI never tries to charge but instead forms a bottleneck and moves around like a headless chicken... So is this a bug from my part or a feature of the mod?

I ment when I'm the Attacker**

Can someone explain please if it's possible to host a co-op campaign with the Darthmod added factions? I'm not ticking the emergent ones, just the standard extra ones.. when I try and launch into the lobby it just sits there on the game create menu, clicking the tick won't take me anywhere.

Nevermind. Fixed the issues myself.
    Last edited by Medifh; August 12, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Know Thyself Create Thyself.

Is it possible to play a multiplayer campaign with minor nations somehow?

Where can i download the older version of the Darthmod 2.5

Thanks.

GTFO. Jamie's Avatar Decanus

Have witnessed some very aggressive CAI in the Epic Version 2.65. On Hard/Hard i was about 10 turns in and France had already landed a full stack in Ireland, captured immediately, full stack in Scotland, taken immediately and have landed another stack heading towards London. I didn't build up many forces as i was concentrating on building the navy so was taken completely by surprise and i didn't expect a aggressive naval invasion from France so early, if at all. Taught me a lesson.

I have mixed feelings about the increased movement points for ships. I like the fact that they can travel further but i seem to be having trouble stopping any from landing armies on my shores. I have various navies split along the coast and by the ports hoping they will 'intercept' any incoming fleets, they just sail right past. Maybe i need to have the fleets closer together?

I only think that the Old Imperial Guard must have stats way better...

aim 55 or 60 (i tried to edit but with no sucess)
    and reload skill too 55 or 60

To get an idea of the power of the Old Guard, only these two battalions of grenadiers swept map 14 Prussian infantry battalions, and still had breath to join the other two battalions equivalent alone and face the English in a ratio of 3 to 1. Grenadiers were forced to retreat when the Belgian General Chassé, commanding six infantry battalions, commanded a tremendous burden to the bayonet against the French. In the last moments of the epic battle, three battalions of the Old Guard were fighting alone against the enemy, to give time to the escape of Napoleon. General Cambonne, chief of grenadiers that crucial moment, said the phrase that immediately came to the story: "The Guard dies but does not surrender!

and one last thing: It will be overpowerfull

if when the guard march, it play this song

http: //www. youtube. com/ watch?v= ZjHw3pkrY-A (must join the url because this forum dont allow us to post a video properly)

I tried to do this, with pack file manager for hours, but...

Hey! Thanks a whole bunch for your work on this mod, especially the AI. CA doesn't seem to have programmed a well-functioning AI since Rome TW (the first one), it's always been up to modders like yourself to give us that.
    I have one little complaint, and I'm sure someone's already brought it up: Voices to Unit Classes.
    The cavalry is fine, the light infantry and Grenadiers are fine, but all other infantry think they're Revolutionary Guards! It's not a biggie, but it gets distracting. Any plans on fixing this in the next patch?
    Has anybody else managed to fix it by themselves? I know my way around the DBeditor and the PFM, but nothing I've tried has worked so far...